Beer

That is what I thought too. When alcohol gets over a certain amount it kills the brewing processes - and that is way before 32%. But I guess that they have come up with a solution to the problem.

That's not beer then. That's more than some vodkas. :S When the alcohol content goes that far, I'll stick to Gin, thank you.

The wife was kind enough to pick me up a six pack of Leinenkugels Fireside Nut Brown. Beer advocate scores it as average, though like most good beers it needs to be served at the right temp and glass. Fits the season, though.

Finally got around to picking up some Erdinger glasses. Came in a gift pack with the traditional Weissbier and the absolutely delicious Dunkel. I just love the look of this glass.
erdinger.jpg

In the words of James May, "I'm a brewer as well," now at least.

Made 5 gallons of pale ale, with extract and carmel grains, going to dry hop it with Cascade hops. And even though three of my relatives make wine, not one would spare me, their own blood relative, a carboy. So I had to go out and buy this pitiful bucket with an airlock. We'll see if I it's good or complete shit in about 3-5 weeks, and if I can score a carboy for the secondary fermentation. If it turns out OK, I already have a Michigan Black Cherry Stout recipe formulating in my head.

https://pic.armedcats.net/t/tw/twerp129/2009/12/07/IMG_3710.JPG

Last edited:
Just had a Pivovar Herold, Bohemian black lager. Taste is interesting, but not bad at all. :)

Just had a Pivovar Herold, Bohemian black lager. Taste is interesting, but not bad at all. :)
Interesting to see what kind of stuff makes it all the way to Finland. It's some kind of a small brewery somewhere in the countryside and their beer is not exactly common here. Last time I had something from them (which must have been at least 5 years ago), they were making just some really cheap nasty stuff. Maybe they have gone a bit more upmarket in the meantime, don't know.

In general we are pretty well covered on alcoholic drinks.
My uncle got some guests from some small village near Strasbourg. They went to local Alko (alcohol retail monopoly), and found their local wine from there. My uncle told to me that their jaws dropped to floor from seeing that wine in here. And I live in small town (<40000 people).

That beer wasn't the cheapest around, but not that expensive either. But then again, my taste isn't the most sophisticated when it comes to beers.

Just back from Pub - Greene King IPA - FTW, ir was OK tonight!

I managed to find a few bottles of Greene King over here. Definitely would buy it again except you can only get individual bottles and that gets real pricey.

Oh man this shit is good. . .

dirtybastard.JPG

Am I the only one that hates this:

url

^ Never had it, couldn't tell you.

Picked up a Sam Adams Winter Classics Sampler today, can't wait to reacquaint myself with their Cranberry Lambic again.

usa-boston-beer-samuel-adams-cranberry-lambic.jpg

I'm not expecting anything like a Framboise Lambic, but the label claims massive amounts of cranberries obviously, as well as hints of maple syrup. Which should be fun if it's anything like the Saranac Maple Porter available in their winter sampler which is like drinking a stack of pancakes. :thumbup: