Food! [The thread that started this section]

Also, it's a pain in the ass to photograph white cookies when you only own white plates.

Well, easy solution: Hold the camera further away and use the zoom. This way the flash won't be too bright ;)

Well, easy solution: Hold the camera further away and use the zoom. This way the flash won't be too bright ;)
The flash wasn't the issue. There just wasn't enough contrast for my preference. I'm not even sure the flash fired on all of those.
are those cantuccini by any chance? :)
(they do look rather good...)
Nope. Try again. :-D

Indian food from a mall food court... I must have had balls of steel the first time I tried this place, but I'm glad I did because it's great.

Looks gross, but tastes great:
https://pic.armedcats.net/s/sh/shawn/2009/12/08/hindustanifoodz.jpg

Had a couple of friends over and had a shrimp boil which included; shrimp, andouille sausage, red potatoes, and corn cooked in a broth of water seasoned with onions, old bay, hot sauce, bay leaves, salt, and pepper.
P1010179.jpg

Last edited:
dude...

andouille???

some people actually eat that?

dude...

andouille???

some people actually eat that?

The American version is, I understand, not made solely from innards, like the original from France or Italy.

It's just a spicy pork sausage of the Creole or Cajun cuisine, which has nothing to do with the original anymore.

The American version is, I understand, not made solely from innards, like the original from France or Italy.

It's just a spicy pork sausage of the Creole or Cajun cuisine, which has nothing to do with the original anymore.

thank god :lol:

Yeah it is just a spicy sausage here, Cajun andouille is made of butt or shank meat and fat, seasoned with salt, cracked black pepper, and garlic, and smoked over pecan wood and sugar cane for up to seven or eight hours. That ingredient list seems to be lacking because there is something in there that gives a little bit of heat.

Dinner tonight: Salmon Pie with egg sauce. I caught the salmon in Alaska over the summer.

The pie needed vents so I carved an "S P" in it:
P1010180.jpg

My slice with the egg sauce and some broccoli.
P1010186.jpg

Last edited:
I'm sure it's delicious, but as someone who's unfamiliar with it and doesn't like fish anyways..."salmon pie with egg sauce" just made be throw up in my mouth a little bit.

I'm sure it's delicious, but as someone who's unfamiliar with it and doesn't like fish anyways..."salmon pie with egg sauce" just made be throw up in my mouth a little bit.

Ohh believe me it is quite tasty. The pie is smoked salmon mixed with mashed potatoes then cooked in a pie crust. The egg sauce is a b?chamel sauce with hard boiled eggs (I used half the amount of yolks, because I'm not a big yolk fan).

Oh man that is absolutely one of my favorite things to make except I use basil instead of mint. I'm suddenly immensely hungry. That looks SO good.

Yeah we didn't have basil so we had to substitute with mint.

We have 3 leftovers in the fridge, want me to email you some? :p

If you go to one of the better Italian places here, you get those as free starters while you wait for the main course. GOD DAMN they are delicious!