30nd8uf.jpg

nec96p.jpg

2czzas.jpg

http://www.netcarshow.com/hyundai/2010-tucson/

:cool:

i must have one of those in my life!!

NOT

cockpit looks nice though

I thought I remembered seeing this was supposed to look a bit different than this, perhaps it was just a rendering.

Nevertheless, everything about this screams "I'm cheap," both inside and out. Look at the way the arm rest on the door is separated from the window controls, I couldn't live with that.

interior is nice, which is a definite improvement (Ive ridden in one and it's just icky)
reliability will be a big factor though, these things are built to a price and it shows

That's a lot of styling.

Y'all think that looks cheap? Really? I'm not a cute ute fan, but I think that's the best-looking one on the market right now, inside and and out.

reliability will be a big factor though

Recent Hyundais have superb reliability. The days of the Pony are long gone. I wouldn't worry.

interior is nice, which is a definite improvement (Ive ridden in one and it's just icky)
reliability will be a big factor though, these things are built to a price and it shows

In our country all Hyundai have a 60K mile bumper to bumper warranty and 100K 10 year powertrain warranty so reliability isnt so much a concern, and as far as being built to a price, that was true in the past, the interior build quality has grown shockingly good these days.

But its possible in Belgium they are still selling older out of date models.

I'm actually shocked at hyundai, Anyone who is familiar with their older products should be too.

There are NO 1st gen elantras or accents left in good shape. They are ALL in -$500 condition. It's completely rediculous.

Most of the First gen Santa fe's and tuscon's are falling apart as well.

However they now make cars that are right up there with honda,toyota,GM,Ford and pretty much any company you can think of.

Go look up the fx35 and even the ex35 by infiniti and let the resemblance begin, even the interior looks similar.

2007_acura_rdx_2.jpg

subaru-tribeca-new-2-big.jpg

Hyundai's design department appears to have lost all their rulers (and minds too)

Hyundai's design department appears to have lost all their rulers (and minds too)

In that respect they've already surpassed class leaders like Toyota, Audi and other major brands recently accused of having boring, uninspired designs.

Nevertheless, everything about this screams "I'm cheap," both inside and out. Look at the way the arm rest on the door is separated from the window controls, I couldn't live with that.

2czzas.jpg

Hmm you'll have to explain yourself better because I don't see how that exactly says 'I'm cheap' if anything it seems more expensive to manufacture a two piece door handle and separate module for the power windows/locks buttons in a separate stack. And from my first impression, it seems to ergonomically make more sense. You elbow rests on the arm rest and the button stack is separate and actually raised, making it easier to see and operate the power window buttons while driving without taking one's eyes off the road as much. Looks like more thoughtful design to me which rings...more expensive.

I thought I remembered seeing this was supposed to look a bit different than this, perhaps it was just a rendering.

wat? I think the car looks good. Maybe a bit slightly overstyled, but at least it can standout from other small CUVs. It also looks a bit sophisticated as wel which is a good departure from cheap and bland.

Considering that it came from this, I'm impressed:
Pic_1Tucson.jpg

Hyundai_tucson_int_3.jpg

^^^^ Where do they even find that grey? It's so terrible, I can't imagine why anyone would make plastic in that color.

I think that it needs even more styling. It just isn't worked over enough, especially the front.