Random thoughts.... [Tech Edition]

I think, at the rate that my MB pro's screen is gathering dust and other crap, I'm going to have to get a screen protector sheet installed when I am in HK next week.

Ooh, can't wait to do some tech shopping. First thing - 4GB/8GB Ram kit for the MB pro :D, then custom tips for my UE TF10pros and maybe a Motorola Droid/some other Android device :p

Last edited:
Ok, so I switched from an optical wireless mouse with a, well let's say finger mounted sensor, to a laser wired one with a palm mounter sensor and variable dpi. After a couple of days, it still feels a little strange for me, but I think it's to be expected considering that I used the last one for at least 2 years, isn't it? And should I get a mouse pad? Now I'm just using it on my desk...

Hmm, HTC tattoo, or HTC Magic?

Ugh a Dban of a 500gb HDD using DoD Short took 11 hours... and then after that I had to reformat again to put change the file type to NTSC...

Hmm, HTC tattoo, or HTC Magic?
I had the same question before me a little while ago, and went for the Magic. Didn't regret it - the screen is just so much better, it makes up for the lack of HTC Sense (which seems to deliver fairly little but lags, anyway).

What does one need WinMo for apart from having a phone which crashes and hangs every 30 minutes?

The I-need-it-for-business-argument has been void for quite some time now.

DONT! It has WinMo :p Which unless you specifically need WinMo should be avoided at all costs.

What does one need WinMo for apart from having a phone which crashes and hangs every 30 minutes?

The I-need-it-for-business-argument has been void for quite some time now.

:shock::jawdrop: Shun the non believers!

j/k. I've gone through 3 Win Mo devices and have been pretty happy. The customizability (Android's right up there with that I know) and the multitude of apps for it is my main draw, with the fact that I can get a Win Mo device in a wide variety of form factors and styles being a close second.

If you get a phone that has enough horsepower to run it well, (My last Win Mo phone-the Palm 700w-couldn't run 5.0 well at all. It was way underpowered and a phone that, while filled with Palm's famous usability and performance tweaks for Win Mo, was obviously thrown together too quickly out of desperation) it should run fine with little to no need to reset the phone.:)

I've been pretty happy with my HTC Diamond, which I bought 2nd hand and flashed over to WM6.5 using a pretty good ROM I found on xda-developers. It doesn't crash at all, lots of free and cool apps and as I've owned quiet a few WM devices now I was very familiar with the interface. There is the occasional lag, but I guess thats expected with pretty old hardware.

That said, Android looks interesting, but I'll see how much money I have spent on other things first in my HK trip to decide whether I will pick up an Android phone or not. If funds permit, I might even get a Motoroal Droid/milestone :evil:

Why the magic? The tattoo seems to have slightly better specs.

Last edited:
I got one extra blu-ray drive. I am wondering what the hell I do with it.

Give it to me :p

Give me 50 euros and pay for mail and it's yours. :D

Just got told Telstra are increasing our monthly cap from 60gb to 100gb at no extra cost. If we do go over the cap, our speed is merely capped, and we're not charged at 15c a mb if we go over. About damn time.

This comes into effect from midnight tonight...roughly seven hours from now. Got just over 3gb remaining...it's gonna be tight :p

Last edited: