Posmo's Sierras or something?

Installed the air/fuel ratio gauge, still need to get a lambda sensor and wire it all in. Found a PERFECT place for it :)

so does the mighty sierra roar now ?or does it just stand lonly and forgoten? and where is that perfect spot for the gauge ? :)

so does the mighty sierra roar now ?or does it just stand lonly and forgoten? and where is that perfect spot for the gauge ? :)

Trust me, you'll know when the Sierra runs again :) Lately a girl has taken up a lot of the time from my true love (the car, obviously :p) I got a hint of something else that might be wrong with the car aswell, the cam sporcket might be on the wrong way around. One thing I did notice today is that the battery in the car is incredibly good. I've done maybe a couple of dozen start attempts, and the car has been sitting for 2-3 weeks, today as I fitted the gauge, I tried using the starter motor, and it still had plenty of juice left! :blink:

The perfect spot for the gauge is in the center console next to the clock, there is a cubbyhole that is the perfect size to house it. It's even pointed at the driver for good visibility :) I'll get a pic of it if you want.

The cam sprocket wasn't on the wrong way round.

Because it wasn'ta cam sprocket at all! :x The guy I bought the other cam from kindly included a camwheel, which was a actually a distributor wheel, which is half a tooth off from the camwheel :( I put in the original cam sprocket, and the car is running a little bit better, still does the same thing at startup though.. Need to get the ignition right next..

Any news?

Nothing much, It's been really cold lately and I've been very busy with school, so It's just been sitting in the yard. I'd really need a warm 2-car garage to get working on it properly.. Im most likely going to spend the winter collecting parts for a forced induction setup for next summer. I might be getting a Garret T25 for free, and I'd like to take a shot at welding a turbo exhaust manifold, etc. I've got a faster steering rack now, and some other bits. And Sifu, sure, the car isn't perfect, but it served me really well as a daily driver for 4 months, it's great fun to drive, it's RWD, a Coupe, and it's got a double-plane rear wing, what more could you want for 500??! :p

-> Off to the garage to cut up the old Simons exhaust that was on the car when I bought it. It's got one good muffler in it still, which Im going to restore :)

what more could you want for 500??! :p

You can't really say that anymore, you've spent much more on it at this point. Just the same that I can't say what more could I want from my Mustang for being a free car- I didn't pay for the car but I'm still >$13000 into it. :lol:

You can't really say that anymore, you've spent much more on it at this point. Just the same that I can't say what more could I want from my Mustang for being a free car- I didn't pay for the car but I'm still >$13000 into it. :lol:

Well, I haven't spent that much on it, and a lot of the things I have bought I could always sell on. For instance, I could sell the Cosworth rims for ~300? (paid 90? for them), the Cossie grille for ~70? (got it for free) etc.

The Sierra isn't a coupe but a three-door hatch. :p

I assume this isn't a coupe in your opinion either then? :p

417179475_81c4a54d4c.jpg

It is, a Sierra isn't. :)

Well, the 3dr Sierra was sold as a coupe back in the day, and it does have a coupe-like side profile, so I'd call it a coupe.

I'm with public on this one. The Sierra wasn't designed originally as a coup?, but was essentially converted from a saloon, making it a 3 door hatch. Its just in lazy modern times do we call these 'coup?s' to resist making up a new word or writing '3-door-hatch'.

Anyway, remember that you're gonna sort it all out then post the car to me? :p I do like it, but I don't think it would work as well in the UK, as they have such a bad image of being some of the most boring cars ever. And explaining that its a sport model isn't cool.

Well, my Megane was sold as a coupe in 1997, and it has 'Coup?' text written on the C pillars, but I still wouldn't say it really is a coupe. :p

Well, my Megane was sold as a coupe in 1997, and it has 'Coup?' text written on the C pillars, but I still wouldn't say it really is a coupe. :p

Yeah, that was notoriously dodgy of Renault :lol:

A small update, the Astrali steering wheel is finally just about finished. It's a very rare steering wheel here, unlike the far more common Formuling I had on the car previously. Astrali wheels have been used as OEM equipment on Bentley/Rolls, TVR, Astin Martin, Morgan, Lotus etc. And now one is going in my Sierra :p It's got brand new perfect 3pc leather covering, and looks great :) Still need to a bit of drilling on the Astrali hub to get it fitted. The steering wheel originally cost me 3.5? from an online auction, and the leather was 5?, which isn't much considering they cost 215?+ new.

...but, does the car run again? ;)