MLB '10 Regular Season Thread

Hey Koenig, what is you opinion of Marco Scutaro?

Hey Koenig, what is you opinion of Marco Scutaro?

He's a super utility guy that had a ridiculous season last year. Solid player, but I really doubt that he'll have numbers like that again. I'm thinking maybe .270-.280/.330/7HR 50RBI? His home run total will definitely go down because he's not gonna get many over the monster, plus he's getting old. One thing you should know though, this dude has CRAZY baseball IQ. Evidence.

Last edited:
I have a feeling I'm going to really like Scutaro, I'm just longing for a consistent player at SS. I don't think we'll need to many RBI's from him just a steady OBP.

Chone Figgins has apparently signed with Seattle, for 4 years. He was one of the big names to go this off-season. Rumor is that Seattle is hot after Bay too, who is from the Pacific North West.

I could live with losing Bay if the Sox end up signing Holliday, which I think would actually be an upgrade in the field and a wash at the plate.

I could live with losing Bay if the Sox end up signing Holliday, which I think would actually be an upgrade in the field and a wash at the plate.

Please no!! We need that pick from you guys signing Scutaro!

- :wave:
- Jim Hendry must burn for passing up Granderson
- Damn the Yanks
- The 'Stros and DBacks are ruining their franchises

- Jim Hendry must burn for passing up Granderson
- Damn the Yanks
- The 'Stros and DBacks are ruining their franchises

Great to have my fellow Cubs fan back :)

I'm buying my Spring Training tickets, so at least there is some positive baseball news.

- The ... DBacks are ruining their franchises

That's because we got a GM that insists on running everything, including the stuff on the field (our Manager is just a puppet for the GM. The guy who was managing at the start of 2009 got fired because he refused to be a puppet).

Great to have my fellow Cubs fan back :)
Hey Jeffy. :) Don't worry, I repped the Cubs hard overseas. :p

That's because we got a GM that insists on running everything, including the stuff on the field (our Manager is just a puppet for the GM. The guy who was managing at the start of 2009 got fired because he refused to be a puppet).
What did they say their reasoning behind that trade was?

So where do you guys think Doc lands?

What did they say their reasoning behind that trade was?

So where do you guys think Doc lands?

I think its that they expect Webb and Heren to be healthy next year, and rolling with a 3 deep rotation if Jackson is even half as good as he was in the opening part of last season, they will have a nasty rotation in a fairly weak NL-West.

Personally, I think Doc wants to be a Yankee.

I think there's pressure from ownership to win now in Arizona. Webb is only back because the Dbacks picked up his $8.5 million option (knowing that the backlash of letting him go would be far worse). Scherzer is probably better built to be a closer because he has nasty stuff, but isn't built for endurance (meaning going 7+ innings). The other pitcher the Dbacks gave up was an inconsistent rookie reliever last year.

Now, getting Jackson I think is a good move. Good ERA for the AL so I think he'll be fine in the NL. Ian Kennedy is the wild card here. Can he stay healthy and can he perform like he did in the minors? If he can do both of those things, then this will definitely be the best rotation in the Nl West.

But can our defense not screw up, can we actually hit the ball and score runs and can our bullpen hold leads (the 8th inning was a curse last year)? Those will be the biggest questions.

11:52am: Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports says Lackey had a physical today with the Red Sox, which is "an indication that he is close to an agreement with the team." Rosenthal expects the deal to be in the range of A.J. Burnett's five-year, $82.5MM contract, yet the FOX reporter is unsure the Sox would guarantee five years. If the Red Sox complete a deal with Lackey, the Angels would get Boston's #29 draft pick and the Blue Jays would be bumped to #67 or worse for Marco Scutaro.

do-want-dowantdowantdowant.jpg

Wow! looks like it could be a big hot stove day.

ESPN said:
Report: Halladay to Phils; Lee to M's?
Congrats to Prost if true.

and...
ESPN said:
Source: Lackey agrees with Red Sox
Yay for me and racingfan1

Wow. Big day in the off season. I'm a little shocked that Lee will be dumped so fast for Halladay, Lee was cold fucking blooded in the play-offs last year and they dump him for a quality regular season player, but untested in the big situations.

Speaking as the most insider of insiders here regarding the Phillies, apparently the Phillies and Lee had talks recently and the Phillies got the impression from Lee and/or his people that they would not be able to sign him/not be able to sign him for the price the Phillies are looking for. Therefore, they are trading only Lee and not any prospects to get Halladay, rather than trade the farm away, have Lee and Halladay for only a year, then lose Lee to free agency.

I, personally, would much rather bet the farm and see Lee and Halladay together for a year, but that's why I'm not a GM.

Nevertheless, three straight World Series appearances here we come.

All kinds of conflicting reports right now regarding the 3 team deal. Not sure what to make of it yet.

Matsui and his.... video collection appear to be heading to Anaheim. :p

Also, someone take Bradley already, please. <_<