Bucking?

Well, I'm going to a boneyard tomorrow, so perhaps I'll pick one up while I'm there as a favor for airmenair.

That would be very nice of you. I would join but alas I'm not sure of my transportation situation at the moment. I've been bumming rides for over a week now and I'm tired of it. If you send me a text or something before you head out there, I'll see if I can join.

If nothing else, you could catch the train to Dallas and I could pick you up.

Coming back from yards now. Riceboys beat me to all of them - though to be fair they usually took the engine attached to it as well. That said, it looks like the distributor is a very common failure point on that vintage Honda, so those who own them might be well advised to lay in a spare or two.

Got the distributor off ebay for $65.

I think I've ruled out a fueling issue today. I sprayed some carb cleaner directly into the throttle body and went to start it, no change at all. Also hooked up my new noid light set to each of the fuel injectors to make sure they were getting signal, which all of them were. The light pulsed at the same rate for all the injectors.

More things to check off the list.

Did you get a chance to check timing with the timing light?

Coming back from yards now. Riceboys beat me to all of them - though to be fair they usually took the engine attached to it as well. That said, it looks like the distributor is a very common failure point on that vintage Honda, so those who own them might be well advised to lay in a spare or two.

I sure as shit know I did. Fucking annoying for it to go like it did, with just no warning.

Did you get a chance to check timing with the timing light?

I'm doing that today, it took me probable 30 mins to figure out where the marks and the pointer are on that car last night. I swear if you have bad eyes there is no way in hell you'd see that. By the time I figured that out, I had no one to help me and it was getting cold.

I'm definately thinking it's spark related however. When I was checking it last night, at night, it seemed very faint. I used one of those in line spark checkers and was showing a red spark, which is weak. I took the plug out to verify and it would hardly jump the gap.

Yeah, sounds like coil, control module or whatever tells the control module when to fire.

Either way, your soon-to-arrive replacement should solve that problem and you can then work out what was wrong with this one to make a spare for later.

Just remember to check and adjust the ignition timing as needed, and as soon as possible. It'd really suck to get it up and running again only to burn a hole in a piston.