Spoilers: Dexter on Showtime

So either:
- it's fake and she will be there as per normal next season
- it's true and she will be one of the "ghost"/conscience people like Harry
- Wikipedia is behind the times and it's true.

Hoping for option 1, thinking it's option 3.

Same here. :cry:

HOLY SHIT. HOOOOOOOOOOLY SHIT. Air Season 5 NOW!

That's all I got to say.

Whoaa...
My stomach hurts now... Thats quite the twist...

It wasn't that much of a twist. I was expecting something freaky.

Not to be cynical, but when Arthur's Mustang "broke down" not only did he open the hood without undoing the hood pins, but the oil cap that was missing was actually a breather cap (an original proper style one at least) and the car would have been fine without it on- the valve covers have a plate inside under the cap to block oil from coming out. Something only someone familiar with the car would notice I imagine, but to pin the whole cause of that break down to that plot element just doesn't work. :unsure:

Not to be cynical, but when Arthur's Mustang "broke down" not only did he open the hood without undoing the hood pins, but the oil cap that was missing was actually a breather cap (an original proper style one at least) and the car would have been fine without it on- the valve covers have a plate inside under the cap to block oil from coming out. Something only someone familiar with the car would notice I imagine, but to pin the whole cause of that break down to that plot element just doesn't work. :unsure:

I forgot to put my oil cap back on over the summer (getting up at 6 in a horrible mood before driving an hour+ to work does that). Drove about 20 miles like that and the car was fine - splashed a little oil and smelled, but it drove fine

It wasn't that much of a twist. I was expecting something freaky.

Agreed. John Lithgow said way back at ComicCon that this season would have a huge and shocking shift that had to do with his character. I thought the show was going to end happily, with Dexter turning his boat around after dumping Arthur and meeting up with Rita at the Keys... then I remembered there's like two minutes left of this season and we have yet to see anything truly shocking (Christina Hill being his daughter or killing herself wasn't much surprise to me). So I knew more or less what was coming, and seeing the baby sitting there gave it all away for me.

Well, since you noticed that, didn't it seem kind of weird to you that a school teacher owns a GT500? To me it looked just like a regular Mustang with GT500 painted on the sides.

O/T Edit: My computer froze while I was writing this up and Firefox not old saved my open tabs (not surprising) but it even saved all of what I had typed up. Never had that happen, it's awesome!

Either true or not, it was a VERY GOOD season, after a mildly amusing 3rd season (in fact, make it a "meh" season. I frequently forget about it).

When I saw her there, I got shivers and nearly cried.

Well, since you noticed that, didn't it seem kind of weird to you that a school teacher owns a GT500? To me it looked just like a regular Mustang with GT500 painted on the sides.

Yeah, that wasn't exactly convincing to me either, especially considering were it a real GT500, I don't think he would have let his son drive it to a construction site.

Yeah, that wasn't exactly convincing to me either, especially considering were it a real GT500, I don't think he would have let his son drive it to a construction site.

Nice to know even a Mustang philistine like me realized something was off about the GT500.

But like we saw in the finale, Arthur was into painting his car as a disguise. Perhaps that GT500 paint job was just another decoy.

Nice to know even a Mustang philistine like me realized something was off about the GT500.

But like we saw in the finale, Arthur was into painting his car as a disguise. Perhaps that GT500 paint job was just another decoy.

I don't have the older episodes on my computer to check the car when it was shown the first couple times, but I know for sure after it was painted black it definitely was not a Shelby. It had the wrong body style, no Shelby driving lights, no Shelby rear end, wrong badging, etc. It was a standard convertible.

Another point, the GT500 convertible wasn't introduced until 1968, I don't quite recall what year they said it was though.

Also, the windshield they showed was for a modern car, not an old Mustang. The receipt Dex had from Arthur also listed the car as a 68 Ford Mustang (so I guess it was plausible to be a Shelby vert), it also listed repainting the car as costing $429.50, completely unrealistic.

Last edited:
...it also listed repainting the car as costing $429.50, completely unrealistic.

Yeah, and he probably got the dent and windshield fixed too at the same time which makes it even a funnier.

Here's Arthur's baby on the lovely Thanksgiving episode:

Yeah, that's just a standard convertible. Not even an exact copy of the GT500 stripe either.

It was a very MEH twist. I called
someone in his family being killed
just did not know who.

The only question now that remains is
did Trinity actually have time to figure out who Dexter was (I mean his childhood and how he was born) or was putting the baby there just a coincidence? Perhaps it is a new villian altogether.
Thing that bugs me though...Dexter is a single parent, now he has to deal with them all ALL by himself :(

:shock2: OH MY GOD. When's season 5 coming out?

Well it would be stupid if Dexter keeps Astor and Cody, wouldn't it just be lame seeing Dexter as a single dad to a teenage daughter? They made a real big point of those grandparents, so they will probably get the kids.

Did Dexter even adopt Rita's kids you think? I mean that would be the normal thing to do, but Dexter isn't exactly a normal guy, he didn't even think to get rid of his apartment when they got married (or go on a honeymoon, apparently).

Heh, it kinda sucks because that Cody kid really seemed to look up to Dexter. But I'm fairly certain those kids have to go, it would be super lame if they had a large role in the next season because it would likely just be a lot of whining and crying about their mom.

awesome! at first i thought the baby in blood was a coincidence that trinity did, but now i think it was probably all just dexter in a coma after the crash or day dreaming or something :p

Why is everyone hoping it's some kind of lame bad dream thing? People are saying if Rita is really dead then the show is really ruined for them... for me it's the opposite, this show is ruined if she ends up not being dead. It would suck so hard if they say everything since Dexter had an accident early in the season was a big dream, it's just so cheesy.

This show isn't about the lame "oh, what do you know, I was just having an extended nightmare" plot device. It totally makes sense that Trinity killed Rita. That's why he was so at peace when he was on Dexter's table, because he had already gotten his revenge on Dexter, and that's why he told Dexter it was too late for him to do anything.

What reason is there to believe the ending of the finale was a dream? Other than the actress who plays Rita being attractive to some, is there really any reason to suggest it wasn't a dream? The Trinity character is the most evil and complex character they have had... after such a crazy season they couldn't just let Dexter kill the guy like all the other villains and just move on. Even though Dexter had to end up killing him since this is what this show is all about, the Trinity character had to go out with a bang and had to screw over Dexter in some serious way.