Random Thoughts....

Ugh, Running off little sleep and had no time for coffee this morning. Today will be fun.

As someone who is a slave to the life blood that is my morning coffee, I must state that there is always time for coffee.

As someone who is a slave to the life blood that is my morning coffee, I must state that there is always time for coffee.

I couldn't agree more. If I have to be somewhere early, I set up the coffee pot on the timer the night before so all I have to do is pour and go. I am worthless without caffeine.

I couldn't agree more. If I have to be somewhere early, I set up the coffee pot on the timer the night before so all I have to do is pour and go. I am worthless without caffeine.

No fancy timer for me and I didn't have time to drinkorize it. I slept in a bit too much.

I'm too cheap to buy an actual programmable coffee maker. Mostly because most of my coffee making is done in a French Press (Mmmmmmm), but also because i'm just cheap. So, what I did was buy the cheapest coffee maker I could find, and a christmas light timer. Works a charm for those few mornings when I have to be up really early, and don't have time to boil water, wait another 5 minutes for the coffee/h2o mix to steep, push the plunger down, pour coffee, drink.

LOL My coffee pot with "fancy" timer was still around $30 USD, which is about what I'd pay for a non-timed pot plus a timer. Electronics get cheaper every time you sneeze (and for me, that's a lot, I'm very sneezy). It's a crappy coffee pot, but it gets the job done.

I keep saying I'll get a french press, but then I'd also have to buy either a tea pot or an electric kettle since I'm too uncoordinated to pour from a pot, and I don't have room for any more gagety crap in my kitchen. I'm kind of jealous though, because I hear the coffee is a lot better that way. I'm so hooked on caffeine I'll drink it almost without regards to taste as long as it's black. I keep a couple of "sippy cup" insulated mugs around for drink on the go, just in case. Nothing gets between me and my morning joe.

LOL My coffee pot with "fancy" timer was still around $30 USD, which is about what I'd pay for a non-timed pot plus a timer. Electronics get cheaper every time you sneeze (and for me, that's a lot, I'm very sneezy). It's a crappy coffee pot, but it gets the job done.
My coffee maker cost me 5 dollars at some random Dollar Store, and the timer was 2 clams at the hardware store. I do think it has paid for itself already, even if it does have a tendency to overflow sometimes. Hey, you get what you pay for. *shrug*

Alas, we all can't live in the wold of high luxury with your self-timed robotic $30 coffee brewer.

We I could, but thus far this isn't a common enough occurrence yet.

I like f holes - what what?

*facepalm* :lol:

I just imagined what could not be unimagined. Owwww...

EDIT: Kiki has too much of a dirty mind.

Last edited:
And I suck. Cannot corner, on a scooter FFS! WEll, to be precise, I can turn left (slowly), but not right. It is just counter-intuitive for me to look that far ahead, and my reaction to the thing going out of control is to put my feet down and paddle, not brake.

Surprised I didn't get kicked out for being a danger to myself and others. FUCK. :cry:

:hug: Don't beat yourself down like that. If you really want to, you'll get there eventually. :)

I am retarded and forgot my homework YAY

NOTE TO KAT
WHEN YOU GET HOME MAKE GODDAMN CD OF PORTFOLIO TO TURN IN

I've ridden a Honda Cub once. It's my sole endeavour to the world of two-wheeled motoring. :lol:

I was honestly confused by people talking about f-holes in the normal sections of the forum. I mean what else could it mean than the most obvious?

Last edited:
YEAAAA!!!

So I've been working on the site for work on Firefox. It's displayed totally properly and fine.

However whenever we have meetings we showcase the site on IE, and it always borks.

The code that UCSD put in was like a minefield. Here's a small piece of the css code:

https://pic.armedcats.net/l/lu/lurkerpatrol/2009/12/15/css_nightmare.png

Since it's my last week at work, I decided to try and see if I could fix it.

I experimented with a little snippet of css code that I saw up above in that huge craziness, copy pasta'd, changed things around and it now fucking works.

WOOOOOOOOOT. This had been bugging us for MONTHS and we didn't dare try to edit that code for fear of it blowing up in our faces.

Brb running around the hospital butt naked.