Unveiled: Aston Martin Cygnet

It's really weird seeing a luxury interior in such an upright shape. Do not want.

It's also really weird seeing an Aston Martin in such an upright shape. Also do not want.

At least Pedrocas didn't put his usual :cool: at the end.

:p

If it's fast, great. Otherwise kill w/ fire etc etc...

If it's fast, great. Otherwise kill w/ fire etc etc...

They said that this is meant as a city car for existing Aston owners, so "fast" is completely beyond the point. This is more like the equivalent of a "My other car is an Aston" bumper sticker in the form of an entire car.

Who says a city car can't be fast+fun?

They said that this is meant as a city car for existing Aston owners, so "fast" is completely beyond the point. This is more like the equivalent of a "My other car is an Aston" bumper sticker in the form of an entire car.

And this will mean you other car is actual an Aston.

They should have based it to smart so it'd be RWD. Then you couldn't hand it over to your wife/gf though, which is the whole point of this thing. She too can drive an Aston!

Or maybe you are suppose to put this in the trunk of your real Aston, and use it as a backup.

"Yo dawg.."

Apparently Aston Martin found out that a lot of the people who have purchased an Aston Martin usually have a smaller car (something like a Smart) for city usage. If that's the case, then this would make perfect sense. Aside from those bonnet scoops, I really like the look of the car inside and out!

I really feel like if I put my iPhone in that holder it would fall out. Docks just aren't strong/deep enough to hold them without support.

That is my only complaint.

Respect -1

The whole point of this car is to flaunt one's wealth. These well to do individuals need a smaller car for the city so they get one of these. For the time being you need an Aston to buy one, so owning one of these means you do own an Aston.

The whole point of this car is to flaunt one's wealth. These well to do individuals need a smaller car for the city so they get one of these. For the time being you need an Aston to buy one, so owning one of these means you do own an Aston.

How soon until they hit the used market, and how much will the first one on ebay go for? Non-Aston owners will get them, sooner rather than later.

How soon until they hit the used market, and how much will the first one on ebay go for? Non-Aston owners will get them, sooner rather than later.

If it's not for lease only.

The only concern I have is how much you will look like an idiot when you tell everyone you have an Aston, only to be dissapointed that it's a Toyota iQ wannabe.

Still, i want one.

The only concern I have is how much you will look like an idiot when you tell everyone you have an Aston, only to be dissapointed that it's a Toyota iQ wannabe.

Still, i want one.

Except you will also have a Vantage in the garage because the Cygnet is only being offered to existing owners...

hence, no disappointed ppl.

For shame AM. :( This just means there will be more DB9s and V8 vantages parked in garages. :( I also suspect that a few owners will sell their cars to AM fanboys who can't afford the real thing at an inflated price.

Last edited:
Unless Aston doesn't let them; you know how up tight they are about their image. (or at least I would assume)