Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Good news: No snow to interfere with test drives.

Bad news: Prices may be higher then.

Why? Are you expecting half of them to disintegrate into a pile of rust this winter? Or do these things somehow suffer from convertible syndrome?

No, the prices suffer from convertible syndrome. People, especially second owners, often buy them for Sunday drivers and around Christmas decide that they need some extra money, so lots of them go on the market.

Eh. I'll deal. I suppose it makes up for not having to immediately blow a pile of cash on wheels, snow tires, and the inevitable anti-rust coating.

Proof that hand built quality is not equal to best quality, on the Silver Seraph:

Not super-accurately aligned panels:
DSC04447.jpg

DSC04451-1.jpg

but it's okay because it's a Ja....hold on a minute...

Proof that hand built quality is not equal to best quality, on the Silver Seraph:

Not super-accurately aligned panels:

It's British. I recall reading an account of how AC when tasked with building a couple Shelby Daytonas were off by as much as 8" from the schematics. Pete Brock and a few other Shelby guys had to build the car themselves. Of course the inept workers couldn't be fired.

Speaking of which I like the gear selector in this XJR http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/ctd/1515124027.html

:p

Last edited:
Yes, apart from the Honda gear selector and lack of tint, that's about the spitting image of my car.

Yes, apart from the Honda gear selector and lack of tint, that's about the spitting image of my car.

What are you saying your gear selector isn't this one?
04382813_009.jpg

$300,000 Jaguar carjack foiled

December 18, 2009 05:45pm

A MAN came close to losing his $300,000 Jaguar coupe when a violent would-be thief failed to start the luxury coupe in an foiled car jacking at Castle Plaza shopping centre carpark today.

The thug, aged in his late 20s, threatened the driver with a knife and demanded he hand over his wallet about 4.30pm.

The owner of the late model Jaguar was not injured but the bumbling robber then jumped into the driver's seat.

After failing to start the car, the Caucasian man ran to a waiting white-coloured utility - SA registration No. XOI 665 - with a male accomplice behind the wheel and the pair fled at high speed.

Anybody with information about the incident should contact police ph: 131 444 or BankSA Crime Stoppers ph: 1800 333 000.

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,,26503574-2682,00.html

how can a XK cost 300k, was it wrapped in gold or something?

Australia. Taxes and exchange rates.

I have a sudden hankering for a Bullitt Mustang.

Day 2 of trying to get my snow tires mounted. Apparently the guy was busy yesterday.

As it turns out, a Suzuki Vitara in heavy crosswinds is not fun on the highway. However, a Jeep Wrangler is much, much worse.

EDIT:

Yokohama IceGuard if anyone has any opinions/objections.

Last edited:
Would building this be awesome or lame? All paper and glue except the wiring and LEDs, and battery powered motor to make it turn. It's also two feet long and a foot and half tall.
Video of it running.

I thought the engine was suppose to power the battery in hybrids not the other way around. :p

I REALLY need to figure out if the ZX2's steering column is in any way adjustable.

Steering wheel in my dick is not fun.