The Gun thread

Open sights?

Well either way, I think its fair to say that the K31 has the edge in accuracy. I mean I often see it considered to be the most accurate standard-issue military rifle in history.

Well either way, I think its fair to say that the K31 has the edge in accuracy. I mean I often see it considered to be the most accurate standard-issue military rifle in history.

<shrug> The military Mauser, as issued, is often capable of 1MOA or less. That's about as good as you're going to get in a standard mil-issued bolt rifle.

Pic of what we brought:

15745_1162789439625_1524510030_30413155_1249268_n.jpg

AUG, Yugo mauser, K31, Ak47 (Romanian I think), Polish Ak74, Bulgarian Ak74

Too bad we were forced to shoot at the retardedly short pistol range :(

Last edited:
Alpine I think?

I was going to say, that looks familiar. What was wrong with Alpine's rifle range?

I was going to say, that looks familiar. What was wrong with Alpine's rifle range?

The 100 yard range they said necessitated a scope. The other longer range was being occupied by a division of police officers.

WTF?
Were they afraid you would shoot that bad without scopes?

Yesterday we had a christmas shooting with funny targets and prices, I won 2 of 3 bottles of wine :mrgreen:

Yesterday we had a christmas shooting with funny targets and prices, I won 2 of 3 bottles of wine :mrgreen:

Ditto, although there were no prizes and I came second. We did learn however that a .22 round will not break a piece of waxed string, with a chocolate bar hanging off it, at 15m.

I wasn't too impressed with the AUG. Just felt like a more awkward AR15, and it REALLY didn't like the russian .223. Double fed 3 out of 20 rounds. P90 is a way better bullpup IMO.

Question: After the AK I want to get an SMG. Two extremes here. Either i want an M1927 Thompson or a FN PS90. Which to get?

Last edited:
Question: After the AK I want to get an SMG. Two extremes here. Either i want an M1927 Thompson or a FN PS90. Which to get?

I wanna tell you FN PS90 just because I love how it looks, but I really don?t know how good this is....

Neither, not until you have your 'basic armory' finished out - bolt rifle, major caliber pistol, 12ga or larger repeating shotgun and semiauto rifle or carbine.

As legal for non-NFA civilian purchase, both the P90 and Tommy gun have 16 inch plus barrels. This basically makes them pistol caliber carbines and as such they cost way too much. You can buy a good FAL and an M4gery carbine for the base cost of the P90, for example, and the M4 fires far more effective (and cheaper) rounds, plus is more adaptable.

oh I know. My friend had one and the ammo price is ridiculous.

I will have my semi-auto carbine (the Bulgarian AK74) by the end of the month. I'm just not an AR guy.

Doesn't have to be an AR, there are other options, but the PS90 just isn't a good deal.