Random Thoughts....

I think I have food poisoning. :(

Started out as just upset tummy but things have quickly gone downhill from there. If I feel like this tomorrow no way can I go to work. And of course, I'm working on lots of high-priority, should have had it yesterday stuff.

What terrible timing.

Walked round the corner to the grog shop.
Got a sixpack of beer.

Drinking one on the way back, this old man on a mobility scooter calls out to me.

I was thinking "ah he's probably gonna have a go at me for drinking".
Turns out it was the one from around my area, looks like an old sea captain
who's always drinking or going to the pub.

I had a look, he had a block (30 cans) sitting on the floor of his scooter,
had a can in his stubby holder and a smoke in his hand.

We were walking along for a bit, having a drink (me of mine, him of his) and just talking about the area we live in.

Despite the fact he was hammered, it was a genuinely interesting and new experience. It was one of those moments that just makes you smile.

I felt almost sad that I had to stop, as I could tell he had many a tale to tell me. But such is life, and I am sure I will encounter him again at some stage.

Hell, it snowed in Danville! Not in SF, though, as far as I know. It snows in the Santa Cruz mountains fairly regularly.

:? Oh my, I didn't know even Danville got snow! Some friends in Livermore/Pleasonton got a bit - which is so weird. And yeah, there used to be snow rides up the Santa Cruz when it snows every year. It'll be interesting to see how many people get to break out their knobbies again this year though. :)

And feel better Spicy! :hug:

Walked round the corner to the grog shop.
Got a sixpack of beer.

Drinking one on the way back, this old man on a mobility scooter calls out to me.

I was thinking "ah he's probably gonna have a go at me for drinking".
Turns out it was the one from around my area, looks like an old sea captain
who's always drinking or going to the pub.

I had a look, he had a block (30 cans) sitting on the floor of his scooter,
had a can in his stubby holder and a smoke in his hand.

We were walking along for a bit, having a drink (me of mine, him of his) and just talking about the area we live in.

Despite the fact he was hammered, it was a genuinely interesting and new experience. It was one of those moments that just makes you smile.

I felt almost sad that I had to stop, as I could tell he had many a tale to tell me. But such is life, and I am sure I will encounter him again at some stage.

I have a mate that always plays along with drunks for fun, there's some guy in Kew that dances on the corner of the street (Kew pub on Kew junction for Victorians) and people honk their horns in support as they go past.

Epic. Day off school because of snow! I'll get some pics once the sun comes up :D

6 minutes for a 194 kb download fucking hell. What is up with my connection today

I have a mate that always plays along with drunks for fun, there's some guy in Kew that dances on the corner of the street (Kew pub on Kew junction for Victorians) and people honk their horns in support as they go past.

Ah, Kew junction.

What a headfuck to drive through if you're not familiar with it.

This old guy though, he was genuinely friendly.
And he knew about the neighbourhood.

you're insane

When I have my own house it's going to be filled with outlandish Danish designed furniture and electronics and my own silly "art" projects like this.

Insane? Perhaps. It makes me very happy though.

Does anyone remember when I made a paper clock:

https://pic.armedcats.net/n/na/nabster/2009/12/18/DSC03650.JPG

Well, I've found a new potential project:

https://pic.armedcats.net/n/na/nabster/2009/12/18/V12-Engine-11.JPG

It's got 12 cylinders, it's 2 feet long, 1.5 feet wide and a foot tall. Oh, and it actually works (that's a video of it running off a battery powered motor). Now I just need to decide if I'm going to shell out the $50 for the parts to build it.

i once started building a yamaha V-Max, i finished the engine, never got to making the frame...

http://www.yamaha-motor.co.jp/global/entertainment/papercraft/

When I have my own house it's going to be filled with outlandish Danish designed furniture and electronics and my own silly "art" projects like this.

Insane? Perhaps. It makes me very happy though.

I need some beetle bits. I would like beetle furniture. Beetle seats are soooooo comfy. I like to cozy in my cozy car.

Had my ear impression done today to get a custom set of tips made for my TF10 pros. Felt so weird having this cold paste thing injected into your ears, but having my ears completely cleaned out as part of the prep was good.

Checked out some more mobile phones around HK. Restoring my HTC Diamond to stock rom atm so I can trade it in for my new phone. The original SE Xperia is actually pretty cheap atm.

Last edited:
I tried leaning all over furniture ala commander riker to see if it made me look more authorative...

didnt' really work