[F3TA] Round 3 Discussion

Not much to talk about really on my end, not sure if I'll ever have time to actually sit down and race this...

Yeah it's quite a tall order but very satisfying when you get a good time. Obviously everyone is busy with other things at this time of year but I'd still like as many entries as possible. :)

I'll probably try another car tomorrow or Friday (but I've got the office christmas lunch in the afternoon, my ability to drive a clean lap of the 'Ring might be compromised somewhat).

Its just bad timing with this track and the time of year. I'm lucky if I can sit down and get one full lap in before having to do something else.

Nevertheless, its time for us all to grow a pair and submit some quality laps :)

Its just bad timing with this track and the time of year. I'm lucky if I can sit down and get one full lap in before having to do something else.

Nevertheless, its time for us all to grow a pair and submit some quality laps :)

I dont think the next round is going to be much better (Dec 23rd to Jan 7th - Rally Di Positano - Full)

I might actually submit the time I got the first time I ran the course with the controller. There's almost no chance of me getting a better time with the wheel.

Well, realistically, I only have one more night to work at this. I'm doing good with the Merc now, but just need to make a clean lap...

I had a go with the old Trans Am last night, to see if a different approach would get good times. As it turns out, it's a barge that slides around every turn and can't quite match the straight line speed of the Skyline.

What kind of times can you pull with the 300SL?

Last edited:
I wish there was a way of starting a flying lap quickly. The same system they use in LFS would be logical.

I wish there was a way of starting a flying lap quickly. The same system they use in LFS would be logical.

If your in tune mode your lap time doesn't start until you cross the line. Reverse, warm up your tires, and get a running start at the line. Careful to stay on the track though, I've had triangle as soon as I cross the line a couple times.

If your in tune mode your lap time doesn't start until you cross the line. Reverse, warm up your tires, and get a running start at the line.

That hasn't occurred to me before, could save some valuable time. :)

Sigh, if I had some cash I'd consider joining in but haven't played FM3 for weeks...

Finally a completely free Sunday for me, will get around to submit my time. The most difficult issue for me is that it's a long lap and I tend to overshoot a single corner making my time invalid and have to start over again. Although, I like the challenge, especially the pre-1980 car bit, because I wouldn't be "forced" to use such cars in the regular single/multiplayer part of the game.

I've fitted wider front and rear tires to my Muira so the car isn't so tailhappy, but this seemed to kill off the top speed. I'm thinking to sacrifice a bit of the mid-corner grip with narrower tires as Nordschliefe has a lot of long straights. Anybody willing to share their set-ups? ;)

You don't want mine, it's crap! The ZR-1 isn't working out. I'm beginning to see a trend here.

Just ran a 8:52: xx in a Miura on the third attempt, have only installed race weight reduction and race suspension so far.

Dammit, I couldn't get a proper clean lap today, there is an 8 sec (!) difference between my best valid and invalid laptime. Well, better luck tmw I guess.

Just under 48 hours left and 4 entries so far. I still haven't posted a better time myself than the one I ran in the Skyline but hopefully I'll get a chance today or tomorrow to do that. :)

Well I never managed to get the ZR-1 to go any faster, so I submitted my time.

This game is illustrating why I think engineers are using witchcraft!