Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

I think I now understand why so many people buy old crappy cars and restore it.
About a year ago I bought a brand new bicycle, but fearing it was kinda flashy and fearing it might get stolen if I ever left it parked, I also bought an old, beaten bicycle and proceeded to service, paint and modify it a bit. The funny thing is that if any of those got stolen, I would surely be sader about the beater bike (even if it?s worth less then half the new bicycle) because it would be nearly impossible to buy another one and do that again, while the new bicycle is still available in stores.

You can install an airbag eliminator kit.

Or just unplug it, but some cars freak out if you do that.

It freaks at least a bit. If I unplug one all of them disable so I get to choose chance death by airbag in a head on collision or chance death by impact because the side one doesn't go off. :mad:
Cars need switches. x airbag off. y airbag on.

long term need-to-start-saving money project for the summer:
progress front and rear sway bars, and if enough money, tien s-techs.

It freaks at least a bit. If I unplug one all of them disable so I get to choose chance death by airbag in a head on collision or chance death by impact because the side one doesn't go off. :mad:
Cars need switches. x airbag off. y airbag on.

Exactly how short are you? I thought airbags were ok down to 5'?

Exactly how short are you? I thought airbags were ok down to 5'?

5'2" it says on the drivers licence, but if I swap cars with my 5' mother we don't have to change drivers position or mirrors. I can tell when I'm sitting there that the airbag would hit me square in the face if it goes off.

5'2" it says on the drivers licence, but if I swap cars with my 5' mother we don't have to change drivers position or mirrors. I can tell when I'm sitting there that the airbag would hit me square in the face if it goes off.

Um, it's supposed to hit you square in the face.

I don't personally think having glass and metal shoved through my eye sockets is a good safety feature.

I don't personally think having glass and metal shoved through my eye sockets is a good safety feature.
I'm assuming that you're speaking of your glasses... get some contacts, or plastic glasses? :dunno:

I'm on MA fake health insurance, I can't really afford them.

I'm on MA fake health insurance, I can't really afford them.

Aren't plastic glasses usually cheaper than metal ones? I'm honestly curious here, because my metal framed reading glasses were about 150$ more than the plastic framed ones...

news.com.au said:
POLICE who were forced to call off a high-speed pursuit for safety reasons had the last laugh when the driver's allegedly stolen car broke down just 10 minutes later - outside Darwin's police headquarters.

The 28-year-old man behind the wheel was arrested on the spot.

He allegedly stole the white Toyota Kia station wagon from the Berrimah Caltex service station in Darwin and drove it to Palmerston about 8.40pm on Thursday.

Sounds like the worst car in the world.

"Toyota Kia"

What?