[14x05] December 20th, 2009

[14x05] December 20th, 2009

• Total voters
This was my favourite part of the episode

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MyT6d4FWpw[/YOUTUBE]

Wow, this episode sucked so much. The Noble test was okay, but everything else just sucked. The news, the SIARPC - this segment always sucks - and the art stuff was so boring. Come on, this is a CAR show, give us more cars and less talk and things like this art crap.

I loved the noble part and although i don't mind if they use scripted scenes, in this episode they overdid it.

The 3 of them should get back to what they used to be, funny but still smart, now they are just jackasses.

Im soo looking forward to the special... :banana:

The Noble review was cool, the news bit was ok, SIARPC as well and the gallery film was just too legthy. They could have made it shorter in favor of a car test.

Rated this episode a 7, because I still enjoyed it.

I gave it an 8 because it was so much better than any car show we have in the US. All of you in GB and the rest of Europe don't know how lucky you are just to have a show like TG!!!!

Remember folks... a bad episode of Top Gear is better than a good day playing golf.

Not TG's finest hour but still far from crap. Really, the only thing that was a bit WTF was the art exhibition... certainly a different idea and given the stick they copping for doing the same shit over and over, 10 points for thinking different, but I don't think it was worth doing a 2-part film challenge for, as it is not the same as racing machines across Europe or nursing ailing Alfas home. It had enough funny moments for a 6-10 min segment perhaps, not longer.

Noble review was typical supercar greatness... fantastic cinematography... awesome car too, I'd buy one... at least no one would confuse you for being a Ferrari driving ponce if you rocked up in one ;-)

News was a solid par and SIARPC with Button was better than average... the oversteer after passing was neat.

A decent 7. Certainly looking forward to the South American episode though!

^Nicely put. I really don't understand mos of you lot. And stating my opinion here just seems to get me negrep, so... V

It wasn't the most brilliant episode ever, but it had a lot of funny things, part of the news and that audio guide from James, boring and making people get lost 'And then walking through the white door we arrive at the upstairs gallery. Actually, that's not right....'. The Noble review was also very good and Jenson couldn't possibly be more boring than Guy Ritchie, so it was ok

7/10 from me, and looking forward to that Bolivia/Chile special! TG finally coming to South America!

I consider it as a programm that gets worse and unfunny when watched in a 'critical observing' way.
Whilst being watched in an 'easy, enjoyable mood' it is still the right(perfect) show for me.
So IMHO I think it's rather a problem of the psychological viewpoint of the certain viewer.

I gotta agree, I really enjoyed last night's episode. True, some things may have been "scripted", but you know what? I found myself laughing quite a bit during the art gallery, there were a few pure gem moments in there for me.

I'm currently working my way through the seasons and just watches 4x07 yesterday, and the only difference between the episodes ten seasons apart is that the new one had the art gallery film while the old one had a mini-cabbing feature and one extra car review.

And, after reading Andy's blog post, I honestly had more fun watching the episode because I just watched and didn't nit-pick at everything, which in turn made everything more fun to watch. Just my $0.02

Were they chanting "you fat bastard"?? LOL :D

Nice EP, the Noble review was good, the news were alright and Jenson was a great guest of course (starting to seem like TG gets what ever guest they want, which is very cool) and the art thing started out pretty boring but once the radio nonsense started it wasn't that bad.

Fun episode, I give it a 7.

^Nicely put. I really don't understand mos of you lot. And stating my opinion here just seems to get me negrep, so... V
I've been tempted to reply to one of your posts several times, but I haven't yet. So let me just say this:

You are entitled to your own opinion. If you think we're all wrong, that's perfectly fine. But when you say we are morons because we are all wrong, you go beyond "stating your opinion".

Also, may I just say that at the age of 17, you haven't seen everything. I am faily sure that I wouldn't have understood the motivation of a lot of the guys and gals here either, but at 32, I'm very much one of them. Not because I have changed, but because I have learned a bootload of new things in the years inbetween.

Not to be rude, but I don't quite understand the last bit?

I hate it when people write stuff like "WORST EPIOSODE EVER!" - but this one was just that.

What, have we all forgotten about the drive-time radio show?

I'm giving this one a 7.

I don't think they needed to spend 30 minutes on the art gallery film. They don't mention any of the other Top Gear activities on the show (the magazine, TG Live, etc.etc.), so why would they put so much time into this one? It really weighed the show down.

Otherwise everything was good.

I have to watch it a second time (strangely I always start to like or dislike Top Gear episodes always after the 2nd or 3rd watching) but I think it was better, than most of the comments in here suggest.

However, I'm asking myself: Why are they repeating the cars being art theme -- or rather if anything car-related can be art or not -- so often?

Somebody clearly has a pathological obsession with that topic.

So listen up, whoever you are, who has that obsession: The question, whether cars are art or not, is completely, utterly, totally, absolutely irrelevant and unimportant. It's a non-topic. Nobody outside of the Top Gear team has ever seriously asked himself that question.

Cars are machines for transportation and (in some cases) toys to have fun with.

That's it.

I really, really hope that we have seen the last of that "Car Art Theme" now. It is so mindblowingly irrelevant, that it almost creates its own vaccum.

About the Noble: Nice car but by Jeremy's own logic he should hate it. Because it is the sort of car, which is more than he can handle -- like for example the Porsche 911 GT2. But of course the Noble is British, so it would never get a negative review ;)

Thus the real problem of Top Gear to me is the unfortunate tendency to become more and more biased and unfair with the car reviews (the few that are left). TG has never been a paragon of fairness and objectivity (and rightly so!) but I think they are stretching it a bit too far now.

Last edited:
Its come down to the fact that TG just wasted a good hour of my life...and not in a good way.

Not to be rude, but I don't quite understand the last bit?
Well, you are 17 years old according to your profile. Thinking back to when I was 17, I could see myself having your opinion of Top Gear. Also, I probably would not have understood why so many people think differently. And if you would have asked me whether my opinion would ever change when I get older, I would have said no.

15 years later however, I can see both sides. I can understand that you think we're all wrong, as I would probably have seen things the same. But now, I have another 15 years of life behind me, 15 years in which I learned a lot about people and their opinions. And I am telling you about it because I hope it points you towards a different way of thinking, a world where people have a different opinion, and more importantly, a world where its perfectly okay.

Well, you are 17 years old according to your profile. Thinking back to when I was 17, I could see myself having your opinion of Top Gear. Also, I probably would not have understood why so many people think differently. And if you would have asked me whether my opinion would ever change when I get older, I would have said no.

15 years later however, I can see both sides. I can understand that you think we're all wrong, as I would probably have seen things the same. But now, I have another 15 years of life behind me, 15 years in which I learned a lot about people and their opinions. And I am telling you about it because I hope it points you towards a different way of thinking, a world where people have a different opinion, and more importantly, a world where its perfectly okay.

You might think about sending me my now owed royalties asap.
ed225a081f07b1bc22147003035618bcebb.gif

http://forums.finalgear.com/off-topic/the-things-that-annoy-me-thread-39087/page-43/ :p