60k miles between oil changes is ok, right?

I don't care what oil companies and manufacturors claim, I always change my oil at 5,000km's on my daily drivers. On my Mustang oil change intervals are 1,200km's along (9.5L Synthetic) with 8 spark plugs.

I'd rather pay for oil than for a rebuild.

geeez, you change your oil at 1,200km intervals? With 9.5 Ls of oil AND new spark plugs? So basically every 2nd time you refuel, you're also buying a oil filter, TWO bottles of oil and a set of plugs?

My car has averaged about 16,000km (service intervals are based on a computer controlled indicator)according to the service booklet and after 370,000km, the engine doesn't show any signs of wear at all.
I've now been doing the oil at about 1/2 the distance of the previous owner as I want the car to last quite a lot longer but I wouldn't have bothered otherwise. Spark plugs are "checked" at the "inspection 2" which can be up to 60,000km apart. Last done about 50,000km ago.

^ i think if you saw his mustang in the post your cars thread, you would think differently lol

geeez, you change your oil at 1,200km intervals? With 9.5 Ls of oil AND new spark plugs? So basically every 2nd time you refuel, you're also buying a oil filter, TWO bottles of oil and a set of plugs?

I wish it was every 2nd time I refueled. Unfortunately I go through 55L's of gas in only about 140km-180km's. I change plugs to be safe, last thing I want is to detonate because of bad plugs, and ruin a built motor because I was being too cheap to replace plugs. And as for the oil, it runs through my supercharger to cool down the S/C and provide lube for the gears, as a result of being exposed to so much heat, oil can lose it's properties pretty fast.

I wish it was every 2nd time I refueled. Unfortunately I go through 55L's of gas in only about 140km-180km's. I change plugs to be safe, last thing I want is to detonate because of bad plugs, and ruin a built motor because I was being too cheap to replace plugs. And as for the oil, it runs through my supercharger to cool down the S/C and provide lube for the gears, as a result of being exposed to so much heat, oil can lose it's properties pretty fast.

Well you might want to mention that this is your car.

3155k76_20.jpeg

Its use demands a bit more compared to a road only car.