Happy Festivus everyone - post your grievances

My biggest source of anger this year was seeing the direction in which this damn country has been heading for the last few years, and particularly this year. We might have a former ship captain as president, but we're heading towards bankruptcy as a country like a freight train at full speed without a driver going down a dead line. Plus I hate seeing how all the politicians argue and argue and argue and argue, on TV for everyone to see nonetheless, and come to no conclusion about anything. And they only want to lead this country in order to suck it dry and fill their pockets.

I'll agree with Zesty, seeing a promising racing driver like Henry Surtees die in a stupid accident was horrible, and especially bad for me since I just happened to see the accident... erm... happen live on TV. It was very depressing waking up the next morning and reading ness of his death. Especially since he was only just a few months older than I am. Fortunately I think that on that day I acted like a true racing driver: put it behind my mind, overcame a splitting headache all through the morning of that day, and passed my Uni admission exam with flying colours.

One thing I'm continuously bugged by at the moment is that I'm still "alone", and still maybe a bit too shy to try to somehow get myself a girlfriend. And I'm seeing many people of my age around me and they all seem to have one. :(

Otherwise, it was a good year personally for me. Very good results in school, got my driving license as well...

Yeah, I had an alright year too. I got my black belt, but my Mum's cancer's come back. :(

Oh yeah, I WANT MY FUCKING BLACK BELT!!

And I think that's it.

The Top Ten:

- still working on the project that I was working on last year (and the year before). I was only supposed to be working on it for 9 months. I'm sick of it. I want to go back to my proper job. See IT provider bitch.

- still have no permanent living arrangements. I've moved house about 13 times this year.

- still single. Maybe the next US President will bring me better luck.

- politicians - dear lord. Drown the lot of them. Yes, we want a pay rise, we'll just vote ourselves one. Meanwhile, those of you that work for us, here's 1% and we're going to cut more jobs. Needless to say, we've said no.

- Carlton. 'Nuff said.

- spending shitloads of time doing complicated stuff for people who never once say thanks. Yes, working 18 hours a day to make you happy is all the reward I want.

- dealing with the crap that is our department's IT provider. There are no words to describe the constant stupidity and grief they cause. You would think I was making it up.

- yes aunt/great aunt/old family friend etc, I am getting on for 40. No, I have not produced grandchildren (nor do I intend to) for my parents. No I'm not a complete disappointment to my parents (only a mostly disappointment). Yes, my brother will need to hold up the procreation side of things. Yes, he makes a lot more money than me.

- loss of too many wonderful people this year. My world has changed too much.

- mental health professionals who give people with suicidal ideation prescriptions for 200 pills at a time. Yes, that many pills will kill someone.

I'm very disappointed in you, girl in my course, for deciding your crazy about me and then telling me you're going away the next week to fuck some guy in another city that you've never met. Nice. Then again, I am in a relationship with her now. Oh well.

I'm very disappointed in you, South Australian government, for deciding that if there happens to be a random house anywhere along a nice strip of country road, that it needs to be a 60km/h zone.... the-fuck?!

I'm also very disappointed in you again, South Australian government for placing useless MobilePiggyBankSpeedingTraps in places that makes it easy to fill that little piggy bank up. Extend a 60km/h to 80km/h zone for 500m where there's no one around and place a mobile speeding camera half way through? I'm very, very disappointed in you.

While I'm at it - thinking that Internet censorship would be a great idea in a... democracy, giving everyone else free tax dollars apart from me... and I'm sure many other things that displease me.

Apart from that... my year has been good. What's this weird emotion I seem to be feeling... neutrality? What's this weird tingling feeling... Oh shit. I think I might actaully be happy. How absurd.

My grievance is no one makes a decent SE gem style razor these days :D
And that some people collect all sorts of vintage razors so there's less to go around.

As I honor the "private" in private life, here some general things (not in any order).

- The Finalgear Lemons Meet going so horribly wrong

- Someone crashing something orange (YOU FOOL!)

- TopGear S14 being rubbish

- Stargate Universe sucking so hard

- Fifth Gear being cancelled

- GM

- GM

- GM

- Scenetorrents shutting down

- Icebone hating me

- My car eating >2800? in repairs since Nov. 2008

I would've wanted to graduate in 2009, but due to not being able to make the deadline for all courses to be finished, it got bumped to January. Not a big deal per se, but it's a goal I set, however unrealistic it might've been (I was seriously behind and did a ton of work during this year, so I should probably be glad I'm graduating anyway).

Also, I haven't had much work-work to do during 2009, but it's not a bad thing since it's given me time to concentrate on my studies. A lot of things have gone my way, so basically I'm more happy than unhappy. Way more.

Last edited:
- Me being too chicken shit for no particular reason to get back behind the wheel. Nothing major happened, but I just can't give myself the push

- Me being too lazy to try and lose weight and get healthy

- My non-existant social life

- Me not being confident, or being too pedantic to go out and try to make new friends

- The fear that Christmas Day tomorrow is going to go horribly wrong, again.

- The shittiness of this year, in that it made me realise just how lonely I am. :(

- My uncle, who lost his youngest son 3 years ago, was diagnosed with Bowel cancer, and has been given less than 2 years to live.

- The fact that the few friends I am still in contact with...are all Twilight fans :? :p

- The fact that my country is being run by flatulant, dim-witted, hypocritical, corrupt morons.

Sorry to break the mood, but it's been a good year. I finally started off in a direction that works for me (working + class or two on the side, couldn't handle several classes at once, as I learned the hard way). Got a nice car, re-connected with some high school friends, got a job, lost the job, got a better job...

But if I really want to find something to gripe about:

- the government shenanigans everyone else has mentioned
- probably stuck living at home for a while longer. Not sure if this is a good thing.
- still not even the slightest hint of a girlfriend... or even a girl friend (this is due to me not having a real social life)
- finished paying off student loans only to take on a car payment (this one's completely my fault and well worth it)
- just bought winter tires for my car and learned that the old summers were useless, will need new ones in the spring

Ah well, I'm sure I will always be able to find something to complain about.

I was going to type a really long thing, but then I realized that someone who I don't want to see what I have to say might see it and it could get me in real trouble with my job (because I have a ton of grievances there). So I'll have to refrain from blowing up in front of everyone.

^drop out.
No, I want to go to college. I'll just continue to suffer the fools in my class. Plus I go to a vocational school so every other week I'm in shop, which is something that I enjoy.

I used to think I really missed out having never gone to a 'normal' high school. Slowly I am starting to think that I may be better off...

No, I want to go to college. I'll just continue to suffer the fools in my class. Plus I go to a vocational school so every other week I'm in shop, which is something that I enjoy.

Good for you. You'll like the people you meet in college. :)

What did they do? I remember CBC Radio One was the perfect late night listening companion, but I can barely pick it up here so I haven't listened very much lately.

They got rid of much of the variety that made it so awesome, especially true during the week.

Before: Radio Netherlands, Radio Sweden, Radio Australia, Radio Prague, BBC World Service, Deutsche-Welle, Radio Poland, some other one I can't remember right now (last one before "O Canada" and local morning programming for most of Canada), KPS World Radio (Korea; weekends only). In the past, they've had programming from Channel Africa and Voice of Russia.

Now, during the week: BBC World Service, Radio Canada International (big WTF? from me), American Public Media. Variety? Gone.

The only good time to listen to Overnight is late Saturday going into Sunday. (Don't know about Friday into Saturday.)