SILLY SEASON 2009/2010

Hmm. I'm surprised, not from a sporting standpoint, but just from his personal one. He'd done everything that he could do in F1 and stepped away gracefully to his family life. I don't know what could be motivating him. He can't race forever and he bowed out in the right way at the right time last time.

Sucks for Nico - If I was him I'd be checking my contract for clauses about equal treatment.

I enjoyed seeing Brawn do well last season because they were a big underdog - now they have MS driving and Mercedes backing, that's gone. They couldn't be less of an underdog. They're just another team now and I'll be enjoying their fuck-ups like I enjoy most teams' fuckups. At least there's a few new teams to take over the underdog spot (I've always had a soft spot for the little teams).

:rofl: Pure gold....God I love ownage :lol:

On topic, I think Schumi's return is perfect for the sport, no matter how many people it upsets or not. I'm just thankful I'm not Tifosi because it must awkward to have Schumi racing and NOT support him...

According to Peter Windsor's report, USF1 is on schedule. So we should expect to see some serious humiliation and entertainment from them in 2010.

Even if they get something that resembles a F1 car close enough to get through Scrutineering together on time, who should drive it?

A killer Grosjean/Piquet Jr. pairing? Two rookies? The other blonde babe racing driver ("other" as in "not VBH")?

May i remind you of the infamous "parking at Monaco" incident or several cases of blatately obvious team order?

I doubt that the first one was planned, although I do believe it was deliberate by Michael. But who cares? He was punished for it and that's it. Besides, perfectly good people are boring :D

The cases of team order happened, when team order was not forbidden yet. It might have been hard on Rubens back then and I was also furious looking at it on TV (I even remember where I've been that day) but from a tactical point of view, concerning the championship, it was the right decision.

But I guess since I am a Schumi fan and you aren't, we will never come to an agreement. So better leave it :)

Last edited:
Hmm. I'm surprised, not from a sporting standpoint, but just from his personal one. He'd done everything that he could do in F1 and stepped away gracefully to his family life. I don't know what could be motivating him. He can't race forever and he bowed out in the right way at the right time last time.

Not quite, he didn't leave F1 because he "really" wanted to. He was pressurised into retirement by the media. It was a speculation/rumour at first, when Ferrari offered Michael the chance of retirement so they can draft in Kimi (Luca di Montezemolo's idea of Ferrari's success). Personally I don't think Michael really wanted to retire from F1, until the press made it to be a big thing and thus half forced Schumacher into retirement, against his own will.

It's obvious that Michael still has the buzz for speed. It's great to see the champ back. I'm just sad that this had to happen at the cost of Kimi's departure from F1 :cry:

I don't think Kimi has anything to do with this. The reason MS is in F1 is because McLaren kicked out Kovalainen.

I don't think Kimi has anything to do with this. The reason MS is in F1 is because McLaren kicked out Kovalainen.

eh? and McLaren have promptly filled the vacant seat with Jenson.

Kimi could have easily moved to Mercedes GP (if they can settle the deal, which they cant). If it wasn't for Kimi's WRC move, Schumi would have no top teams to join.

eh? and McLaren have promptly filled the vacant seat with Jenson.

Kimi could have easily moved to Mercedes GP (if they can settle the deal, which they cant). If it wasn't for Kimi's WRC move, Schumi would have no top teams to join.

Ah, but if McLaren hadn't kicked Kova, there wouldn't have been a vacant seat at Merc in the first place ;)

I must apologise for the situation I created. Wasn't appropriate, won't happen again. But why can't I see names in the userCP?

Back to topic.

Considering all this blaber about Schumi, Merc and everything, I just hope that this hype lives up to it's potential and MS makes it. Even if Ferrari gets 2., that's fine by me. I just want to see MS prove to skeptics that his titles were earned in the full meaning of the word.

Last edited:
Ah, but if McLaren hadn't kicked Kova, there wouldn't have been a vacant seat at Merc in the first place ;)

Kovalainen was destine to leave McLaren, everyone knew that. It was just a question of when :mrgreen:

Interesting, yet different view on Schumi's comeback from the Mercedes employees: http://www.stern.de/sport/formel1/f...hers-rueckkehr-sorgt-fuer-aerger-1531550.html
Schumachers return rocks the boat

Not everybody celebrates the comeback of the former champion: for many Mercedes employees, the multi-million contract is an effrontery in the light of currently being on short-time work [due to the financial crisis]. Norbert Haug, boss of the racing department, rather understands the deal as a sales-promoting measure.

Michael Schumacher as the Christmas Angel in a silver suit - a 'pretty mess' for the fans of the Formula 1, but seemingly not for the employees at Mercedes: the shop council reacts with a lack of understanding to the reobligation of the record-champion.

Shop council would have comprehended a pullout

"The employees would rather have comprehended if Mercedes were to pull out from the expensive Formula 1 business" Uwe Werner, chairman of the Bremen shop council, told the "Frankfurter Rundschau". On the one hand, Daimler's management administered a strict economy drive and relocated parts of the production to [cheaper-producing] foreign countries. On the other hand, they single-handedly spend umpteen millions for the Formula 1. "That's inconceivable for many of the workers" says Werner.

"We polish the star in the whole world"

On the contrary, the Boss of Mercedes' sport department, Norbert Haug, thinks that the contract with Schumacher is a good deal for the company as a whole. "This thing will sell a whole lot of cars and will make many people aware of the high quality of the star", Haug told ZDF's "heute-journal". On the question of whether 7 million Euros aren't a lot of money in the face of short-time work and salary cuts for Mercedes-employees, Haug replied: "We generate a subject in the whole world and polish the star in the whole world ... in that, we believe that we as the frugal Swabians we are know very well where to put our money."

Interesting, yet different view on Schumi's comeback from the Mercedes employees: http://www.stern.de/sport/formel1/f...hers-rueckkehr-sorgt-fuer-aerger-1531550.html

Thank God Mercedes isn't run by folks like Uwe Werner, because then Mercedes-Benz would be, where GM is now.

Mercedes has always been one of the essential elements of international motorsports. Mercedes belongs in motorsports, like a cork on a wine bottle. The world wouldn't be the same, if they ever pulled out. Not to forget, that they own a lot of their reputation to motorsports.

It's a typical German reaction: Instead of being glad that Schumacher could be won to "polish the Mercedes star", as Norbert Haug put it, people are complaining and nitpicking.

Germans are notorious for bitching about everything and here he have the proof again.

Last edited:
Eric Boullier will be confirmed as Renault team boss probably, and rumour has it that he will give the second seat to his former GP2 driver (at DAMS), Jerome D'Ambrosio.
He finished 9th in this year's championship.

According to Peter Windsor's report, USF1 is on schedule. So we should expect to see some serious humiliation and entertainment from them in 2010.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVYZDsc6XWo[/YOUTUBE]

We'll see about the humiliation.

Thank God Mercedes isn't run by folks like Uwe Werner, because then Mercedes-Benz would be, where GM is now.

Mercedes has always been one of the essential elements of international motorsports. Mercedes belongs in motorsports, like a cork on a wine bottle. The world wouldn't be the same, if they ever pulled out. Not to forget, that they own a lot of their reputation to motorsports.

It's a typical German reaction: Instead of being glad that Schumacher could be won to "polish the Mercedes star", as Norbert Haug put it, people are complaining and nitpicking.

Germans are notorious for bitching about everything and here he have the proof again.
You'd probably think differently about it if it were your job at stake. Of course, being a part of various motorsport events does help a companies reputation. Yet, Ferrari is the only manufacturer participating in Formula 1 who transports at least a part of its knowledge gained in the "royal league of motorsports" into its roadgoing vehicles. I don't see how Mercedes sells a single car more because good old Schuey pilots one of their silver arrows now. Do you?

^ awww why so negative! Have some hope!

You'd probably think differently about it if it were your job at stake. Of course, being a part of various motorsport events does help a companies reputation. Yet, Ferrari is the only manufacturer participating in Formula 1 who transports at least a part of its knowledge gained in the "royal league of motorsports" into its roadgoing vehicles. I don't see how Mercedes sells a single car more because good old Schuey pilots one of their silver arrows now. Do you?

i must disagree. im sorry. there is alot of things that come from race cars of all types that go into road cars. suspension, brakes, balance ect... what we must remember in this discussion is that Ferrari builds race cars and then they build road cars as opposed to the other manufacturers that build road cars then racecars.

i must disagree. im sorry. there is alot of things that come from race cars of all types that go into road cars. suspension, brakes, balance ect... what we must remember in this discussion is that Ferrari builds race cars and then they build road cars as opposed to the other manufacturers that build road cars then racecars.
Then what technology made its way from F1 cars to Mercedes road cars in recent years?

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVYZDsc6XWo[/YOUTUBE]

We'll see about the humiliation.

oh yes there will definitely be humiliation. Besides, a well prepared facility & team will not help USF1 (or it's drivers) against the likes of Alonso, Schumacher, hamilton, Button, Vettel etc...