Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

I fixed the rear diff on my black truck! I replaced the pinion seal and didn't torque the pinion nut down enough.
I drove it for 3weeks with the diff sounding like It was going too grenade.
Now it's fixed.
I Love my toyota's:happy:

My mom lets me open one gift tonight, it was this:
RGBhr_H4434.jpg

I am such a car bore :lol:

My mom lets me open one gift tonight, it was this:
RGBhr_H4434.jpg

I am such a car bore :lol:

Welcome to the real of unreality, welcome to the Haynesiverse!

I just finished reading this book. It was quite good, and I reccomend it to anyone interested in finding old cars in barns. Som pretty cool stories in there, especially about Cobras.

Here is a related book which is a fantastic read:

http://cobraferrariwars.com/

Covers the pinnacle of Shelby and Ferrari's careers as builders.

Both the top O2 sensors replaced in the XJ. I found the connectors for the lowers ones and decided to say fuck it for now. Both conveniently behind the coil thingy and manifold.

01_mcchip_focus.jpg

02_mcchip_focus.jpg

03_mcchip_focus.jpg

401hp Focus RS = Fuck yeah!

Oh, and managed to get a ride in a Focus RS. Its fucken epic.

401hp? Is the steering wheel optional?

Let's consider a purely hypothetical situation. Assume I'm in the market for a car. Now lets assume I know what car I want, but also, I know that there are only 50 (if not less) examples of this particular car in the US. How would I go about finding one?

Would the best course of action be to post wanted ads on all the enthusiast forums of this particular make? And perhaps places like craigslist?

Let's consider a purely hypothetical situation. Assume I'm in the market for a car. Now lets assume I know what car I want, but also, I know that there are only 50 (if not less) examples of this particular car in the US. How would I go about finding one?

Would the best course of action be to post wanted ads on all the enthusiast forums of this particular make? And perhaps places like craigslist?

Step 1) Give up all hope.
Step 2) Enthusiast forums are the only place you'd have a HOPE of proactively chasing one down - so post there.
Step 3) Watch every auction and for-sale channel nationwide on the remote chance that one crosses through.

What car are we talking about here?

This would be a good thing to ask, you'd be surprised the things people run across randomly and if it's in the back of our minds you never know if someone here may be able to help you find whatever it is.

Knowing CrazyRussian540, he could be talking about a Lancia...

But even if it isn't, the biggest problem will not be finding the car, but finding parts for the car. Old cars require mainatance. Make sure you get something that has good parts availability - OEM and aftermarket.

Otherwise you'll end up like argatoga - trying to get parts from the UK ;)

Last edited:

But even if it isn't, the biggest problem will not be finding the car, but finding parts for the car. Old cars require mainatance. Make sure you get something that has good parts availability - OEM and aftermarket.

Don't listen to him, he is being practical :p

Yeah, who cares if you need to order the oil filters from one guy in a shed in Asscrackistan - as long as it's a COOL CAR.

Hey I got my parts damn it! :p

Lesson learned from that experience was that APO wasn't worth it. You save enough on not paying V.A.T.

Lancia? When have I ever said anything about buying a Lancia? Apart from the occasional WANT in the awesome thread, I don't recall ever mentioning getting one. That said, I would like a Thema 8.32 or a Delta Integrale. I'm dissapointed in you, HighVoltage. Of all people on this forum you should know the best.

Hint: Its brother is in your avatar. Give up?
I'm aiming for a 1995 Volvo 850 T5-R wagon. Now the hard part, if I were to get one, it would have to be in Volvo's creme yellow.

http://img13.imageshack.**/img13/1888/masterludo1802200330qui.jpg

I'm not in the market at the moment, but I might be this summer. We'll see how things play out financially.

Last edited:
Well, good luck with that :) These are a rare find. You have a much better chance of finding a 96/96 850R Sportswagon (red/black).

Parts should not be a problem. It's basically a 850 Turbo. Everything is the same. What's more, iPD make some great aftermarket parts for these cars.