Other Random Car Sightings [Photo Required]

BMW 3.0 CSL and a R35 GTR with a massive spoiler
dsc02667_1024x768.jpg

dsc02668_1024x768.jpg

gtrpb6484_1024x768.png

vlcsnap-191779.png

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qu3lkDMrGYk[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
Saw this beautiful Elise a couple doors down my street. Yes, I was on a bike. No, I didn't notice the wing mirror until much, much later... :wall:

http://img691.imageshack.**/img691/3474/25122009034.jpg

^Why what? o_O

Yup, that's the car Jeremy referred as the "Batmobile". In fact, that spoiler wasn't road legal in Germany back in the days so BMW delivered the CSL's for the street with the spoiler in the trunk.

Yup, that's the car Jeremy referred as the "Batmobile". In fact, that spoiler wasn't road legal in Germany back in the days so BMW delivered the CSL's for the street with the spoiler in the trunk.

That's correct. At track days or in shows and photo sessions, you could bolt the spoiler on, but when driving in public, the police didn't like it that much, and I actually prefer the looks of it with the spoiler in the trunk, not on it.

The CSL is like the Superbird. The hugely overdone spoiler is cool only because the fame of the car the road-going version is based on, but not that good looking.

Last edited:
I don't recall the spoiler having that support in the middle, looking at google images seems to confirm that thought.

Different year models, I think.

That's true. The later model of the CSL had the center support in the spoiler. The one in the picture is propably a '75 model, which was the last year the CSL was produced.

Got to love the BMW's New sixes from that era, especially the shark noses.

Last edited:
Cool, I never knew that. Odd that BMW would take a look that worked (early spoiler) and apparently made it taller and uglier (late spoiler).

Cool, I never knew that. Odd that BMW would take a look that worked (early spoiler) and apparently made it taller and uglier (late spoiler).
Yeah, it's uglier, but also I believe it was also better. Maybe the late version was a bit more aerodynamic with better downforce, or then they just tried to make it a bit more road legal :D

I've tried to find information for ages about the spoiler changes and overall facts about the E9 CSL, but there isn't much information out there..

C5 on Z06 wheels:) I like.
xbiza8.jpg

9zob55.jpg

Here's a brave soul driving such puny car in the trucks and SUVs infested streets:blink:

nnqxyh.jpg

^^^ A plymouth ?

What kind of camera do you have? :D

Piece A Shit Cyber Shot w55.

The wacky pics are the result of my DIY wide lens experiment that's not gone well.

As u can see the edges are all blurry and annoying.

Now enjoy some more of my annoying pics:cool:

e8adqh.jpg

zxsavm.jpg

95uf4j.jpg

2yox1ro.jpg

rav4

2uesjk5.jpg

nx288.jpg

34o3nfk.jpg