Has Top Gear hurt your feelings?

Even though they didn't like the Hyundai Getz, they still thought it was best out of the crap cars from the Pacific Rim. It's not about hurt feelings, it's about piss taking.

I was so upset when he said he thought the Lamborghini LP640 was half-way. I had just bought one a few days before the review came out, and I was so disappointed that I didn't eat or sleep for the next 5... hours.

And then I woke up.

I've been heard to say on more than one occasion that it was very hard for me to forgive James for the amphibious Triumph Herald, but of course, I really don't mean it - because I thought it was funny.

Top Gear has never really hurt my feelings, but it has rescued me from some pretty shit lows over the last few years when everything 'real' was falling apart around my ears and I needed an escape. Indeed, you could say that far from hurting my feelings, Top Gear has, on many occasions, done the exact opposite :)

I was annoyed at their remarks about the 300C...but made all better when Hammond spoke praise to the Challenger SRT8--probably the best car to wear the Mopar badge for under 50 grand here.

Yeah, they hurt my feelings all the time, since I'm just really emotional.
On another note, I'm about to put on my new dress, and gonna do my make-up before going out to the Blue Oyster Club.

Hurt my feelings? Nah. But it does kinda bother me as a car enthusiast. I have hard time believing anyone on TopGear has any real love for automobiles anymore. Almost every single car they buy ends up at the scrap yard when they're done with it. Even the Porsche 944 and Nissan 300ZX they used last series were probably scrapped in the end. How can anyone honestly claim to be passionate about cars, but destroy so many perfectly good vehicles for no intelligent reason? And most of the cars the presenters own are also owned by Paris Hilton and are the same vehicles you'll find recommended in Vogue or Cosmopolitan magazine. Only James May and his Panda and old motorbikes seem unique.

Yes. There has been insufficient Top Gear Dog and cute kitties.

There are a select few who are actually really hurt by what some men say about vehicles and place? Really?

Wow.

I mean, its a tabloid car magazine show. Reviews are done comically. And that means its not serious. Would you take a clown at work in a circus seriously?

The malaysian government bitches and whines everytime TG bashes on our local brands. It's retarded to actually take a bunch talented buffoons seriously, and the MP who voices it out, looks like a total tool. Doesn't do much good for their image. It wont do much good for you either, if TG hurts you.

Sure, they are highly entertaining, like an episode of 30 Rock.
Dont get hurt by TV. or the shows on it.

Buy yourself a lollipop, if you are hurt.

Or I might have missed the sarcasm in most of the posts. Sorry

I've never been insulted by Top Gear to be honest but I've been watching it since the old Top Gear though so I've seen Jeremy on screen for a number of years now and am used to his motor mouth.

I think Top Gear can be offensive though even moreso than the likes of South Park because they often times talk about things people are very passioniate about lol.

the only people who can be hurt by top gear are... ( ready ? ) Morris Men! AKA: Morris Marina owners club, yep! they even promised it's gonna get physical!

the only people who can be hurt by top gear are... ( ready ? ) Morris Men! AKA: Morris Marina owners club, yep! they even promised it's gonna get physical!

Actually Top Gear has had a running feud with a few groups of the motoring world.

I think their most shocking one was when Jeremy accused lorry drivers of murdering prostitutes.. I hate to admit it but god I laughed so hard and I know it was so wrong.

Thing that confuses me is how people like the Morris Marina owners club or lorry drivers are able to tune in every week just to whine about being targeted. You'd think if Jeremy's huge mouth pissed them off they wouldn't tune in again but they show up in force just to bitch and whine weekly.

except they do the same with many other countries, including their own. :D

I'm aware of that and I can rationalize, but I cannot help being hurt nevertheless.

I think their most shocking one was when Jeremy accused lorry drivers of murdering prostitutes.. I hate to admit it but god I laughed so hard and I know it was so wrong.

mmm, i never saw that one, however he doesn't accuse them every week of murdering prostitutes, -wait a minute, did American Stig murder a prostitute?!-,
anyway, Morris marina's are harassed regularly on top gear, lorry drivers aren't, so they're safe...yet!

Actually Top Gear has had a running feud with a few groups of the motoring world.

Thing that confuses me is how people like the Morris Marina owners club or lorry drivers are able to tune in every week just to whine about being targeted. You'd think if Jeremy's huge mouth pissed them off they wouldn't tune in again but they show up in force just to bitch and whine weekly.

Most Lorry drives did not give a shit.
It was the daily fail who got upset for them.

I can only hope they destroy more Marinas.

e; And although I am a lover of Volvos, I do hope to see another 240 get some airtime, even if it's wrecked.

Last edited: