It's Seriously Time To Get A New SIARPC Car

Ilpav

Forum Addict
Car(s)
'04 Toyota Corolla LE
I mean, the Lacetti is getting kinda long in the tooth now; including the 14th series, its had the same 7-series-long run as the Liana, so now, it's time for a replacement for the 15th series and onwards.

What are your suggestions? I think their own suggestion for the (then) new Suzuki Swift is a great idea, because it looks great, is fun to drive, and is, of course, reasonably priced. :D

Suzuki%20Swift.jpg

Last edited:
I'm still wondering why they didn't go with a Mini.

Just getting a new car in won't make the feature any better, all it does is invite them to bring back old celebrities yet again!

I think if anything it needs to be changed entirely. Make two celebrities come along and race each other around the track at the same time for example. That would make a much more interesting bit of telly!

Just getting a new car in won't make the feature any better, all it does is invite them to bring back old celebrities yet again!

I think if anything it needs to be changed entirely. Make two celebrities come along and race each other around the track at the same time for example. That would make a much more interesting bit of telly!

Thats good! I would love to see some returning ones like Steve Coogan, Gordon Ramsay, and Michael Gambon. :mrgreen:

The Mini isn't very reasonably priced now is it? ;)

Edit: Also, the new car would have to be slightly faster than the Lacetti, but even though the Swift has less power, I think it will be faster around the track.

Last edited:
Johnny Vegas needs to have a go in the Chevy.:D

The Mini isn't very reasonably priced now is it? ;)

From what I've seen, the Mini starts at $10k in the UK. Which is less then $1k more then the previous two reasonably priced cars, iirc.

More than anything else, the current car is just broken! I did think the introduction segment of the Lacetti was pretty funny, with all the random celebrities and the well spoken man. I have no faith in them to pull something like that off again though.

From what I've seen, the Mini starts at $10k in the UK. Which is less then $1k more then the previous two reasonably priced cars, iirc.

Well, according to the Mini website, the cheapest model ("First") costs ?11,000 (TGs idea of "reasonably priced" is around ?10,000) and all you get is 75 hp. :glare:

PLUS, Minis aren't know for their reliability, so that's probably why they didn't choose it in the first place.

Last edited:
Well, according to the Mini website, the cheapest model ("First") costs ?11,000 (TGs idea of "reasonably priced" is around ?10,000) and all you get is 75 hp. :glare:

PLUS, Minis aren't know for their reliability, so that's probably why they didn't choose it in the first place.

That's about the same price as the Lacetti, which is an old product of bankrupt Daewoo, which is known for its unreliability. :p

They really need to get a Dacia Sandero :) I was coming back from the club last night, very drunk, probably walked past a few AMG's and M5's but didn't pay any attention to them...and there it was...the Sandero in all it's glory! It was the 1.4.

Is it weird that I paid attention to it? :lol:

The whole point of the Reasonably Priced car is that it's a bit of a joke, a bit of a laugh. That's why it's been a Sukuzi Liana and a Chevorlet Lacetti. A Mini isn't a laugh, it's a proper car :p

a moris marina!! they should use that for fun! and every time a guest star enters it, it explodes!!!

I would say Dacia Sandero (or Logan) too :D
and then ofcourse let James have a go in the RPC.

Make it a VW Beetle... LOL

I think they should replace a "reasonably" priced car with something a little more expensive and with more grunt.

A lot of the celebrities that come on the show seem pretty intimidated behind the wheel. Imagine they put them behind the wheel of a brand new M3 instead of the current car.

That's about the same price as the Lacetti

apparently its a 1.8 sdx with 119bhp. the closest mini is the basic copper at 120bhp and thats 13,750 pounds. so it is really starting to get away from the 10,000 pound area.

besides the "reasonably priced car" isnt meant to be that good is it ?

would people really want to see it drop to a weaker/slower car ? with the cost of cars now i am guessing a pacific rimmer badged car is what they would have to look at unless they dropped to a slower one.

Last edited:

because the RPC is meant to be an awful car.

Neither the Lacetti nor the Liana could be described as "good" in any way; the Mini can.