Doctor Who

Wilfred Mott is an Anagram for:

"Time Lord Wtf"

well, RTD is known for his anagrams being included in doctor who... Torchwood is a anagram of Doctor Who and Mister Saxon is a anagram of Master No Six (John Simms was the Sixth Actor to play the Master)

also it could be 'Time Lord FTW'

Last edited:
Holy fuck!
I do love how humor is incorporated into the show.
With Wilford pulling out the gun instead of his phone and him expressing "Oh my, they're cactuses.

Holy fuck indeed bring on New Year's Day! Cannot wait for the ending of this story. An infinitely better show than the frankly clich?d Waters of Mars.

Of course Timothy Dalton is a timelord - he is James Bond! It all makes sense now - Bond keeps changing faces! :lol:
As for the show, brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. Was pretty funny with the whole 'everyone is now the master', and the Obama stuff was good. But lets hope that RTD can keep the good script up for the final length.

Bring on the New Year indeed.

Anyone found a good er... way to watch....if they're not in the UK for instance? I've been trying all day without success. Please

it's been uinavailable from this end all day. Will keep trying.

^ I've been unable to log in for the last few days too, I want to see Oz and James' Xmas special.

There is a torrent out their for Doctor who though am "acquiring" now :D

Last edited:
I was literally laughing out loud towards the end. :lol: If you're going to destroy the human race, you might as well do it in the silliest way you can think of.:p

Headshaking at the end: funny, but embarrassing. Same with those spiky alien things. What was the design team thinking? I thought this was supposed to be a high budget programme?

Episode was a bit of a guilty pleasure. Some parts were a bit
facepalm.gif
and didn't feel quite as slick as I would want from a 2009 high-budget BBC drama, but thoroughly enjoyed it nonetheless.

I liked it :) but its not the best. I always like the steven moffat episodes over the rtd ones. Like blink which i loved, and the empty child which was kinda terrifying lol :p

I think however it was a good idea to bring back the master and the timelords are back yey, this might end alot better than it started if it contines this way. But including Obama? What dumbass came up with that idea! Doctor who universe polititians should never be the same as real world ones!!! Plus in the Whoneverse the previous american administration didnt seem as bad as the real previous one, also got killed off very recently- last time the master was around it cant have been time for another election yet? (and i know its irrelevent but the last dr who president was also black if you will remember, so even in that sense obamas eletion wouldnt have been that groundbreaking and exciting and you know a giant step towards equal rights that it was in the real world. It would have just been another american president. SO WHY DID THEY NEED TO INCLUDE HIM!!! :mad: :blowup: rahh <_<

Ok rant over.

Also question, is there a place like final gear for dr who people that any of you know of? cause as much as i enjoy talking about dr who in this thread. Its a slight addiction of mine. :lol:

I liked it :) but its not the best. I always like the steven moffat episodes over the rtd ones. Like blink which i loved, and the empty child which was kinda terrifying lol :p

I think however it was a good idea to bring back the master and the timelords are back yey, this might end alot better than it started if it contines this way. But including Obama? What dumbass came up with that idea! Doctor who universe polititians should never be the same as real world ones!!! Plus in the Whoneverse the previous american administration didnt seem as bad as the real previous one, also got killed off very recently- last time the master was around it cant have been time for another election yet? (and i know its irrelevent but the last dr who president was also black if you will remember, so even in that sense obamas eletion wouldnt have been that groundbreaking and exciting and you know a giant step towards equal rights that it was in the real world. It would have just been another american president. SO WHY DID THEY NEED TO INCLUDE HIM!!! :mad: :blowup: rahh <_<

Ok rant over.

Also question, is there a place like final gear for dr who people that any of you know of? cause as much as i enjoy talking about dr who in this thread. Its a slight addiction of mine. :lol:

ooh, numerous questions. stuff of dreams for a Doctor Who nerd like me.
Like you, Stephen Moffat is a much better writer when it comes to Doctor Who than RTD. RTD's work is very formulaic and i often find it to be a bit predictable. Don't get me wrong, i like RTD and i think he's done great work in bringing Doctor Who back. But Stephen Moffat episodes are always made of great stuff (the afore mentioned Blink but also The Girl from the fireplace remains two of my favorite episodes) and its one of the reasons why i'm really looking forward to the launch of Season 5 next year.
As for the Obama look-a-like in the episode. I think it was merely a attempt to bring the series more into the real world and play off that hero status that he always gives off. On top of that it allows John Simms to ham it up when the Master-Obama was on tv. They could have got anyone to play the president (like they did in The Sound of Drums) but i was given the impression that they wanted to bring a bit of our reality to Doctor Who.
Now, for a Doctor Who forum. i don't now if it still exists but Outpost Gallifrey ( http://gallifreybase.com/forum/ )is one that comes to mind. mostly down to the fact that when the announcment was made of Christopher Eccleston's departure and David Tennant taking over the role it sent the forums into a meltdown faster than Final Gear when a new episode of Top Gear airs.
Another good website linked to it is http://gallifreynewsbase.blogspot.com/ which is a great place for finding out about Doctor Who news, its very reliable and updated very often.
hope that helps.

To me it looked like residue from the world's Obama fascination. Mentioning Obama in the story isn't a spoiler.

Anyhow so far so good. Can't wait until Moffet becomes the show runner.

Yeah dont get me wrong either RTD is awsome for bringing it back and thanks ill go there :p i can see myself being 1 of those forum meltdown people :D

Last edited:
Yeah dont get me wrong either RTD is awsome for bringing it back and thanks ill go there :p i can see myself being 1 of those forum meltdown people :D

well as a example of how active that forum is. as of 20:49 (british time) on this day, there are currently 587 people online at the forum (557 of those being members the other 30 being visitors). there are a currently a total of 20,763 members of the forum as well. As like Final Gear, when a new episode airs there's a peak in the amount of users but for the most part its probably one of the best places to go for Doctor Who related information since they cover all aspects of Doctor Who (the classic series, new series, Torchwood, Sarah Jane, the Big Finish audio dramas and a wealth of other things). its probably the closest your going to find a Final Gear style DW forum.

That one guy was spitting quite a lot. Great episode.

I also thought the face-covering Time Lord seemed odd.

That one guy was spitting quite a lot. Great episode.

I also thought the face-covering Time Lord seemed odd.

yeah i noticed that, not that it took away too much from the reveal. i was too busy yelling at the tv at that point.

also i noticed this in the doctor who forum. fans of our Top Gear demotivator thread will enjoy this, its a Doctor Who version... http://gallifreybase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=380

The real question we should be asking: "where is Gene Hunt?"

I finished watching BBC America's airing, and busted up laughing at Timothy Dalton spitting up a storm at the end.

I think my one fear is that

There's going to be way too much crammed into the finale. You've got the whole Master issue, Wilf and Donna, the Time Lords, the Parade of Cameos, and the inevitable regeneration scene, or at least the setup to one. And why do I have a fear the goddamn Daleks are going to show up again? Maybe it's how disappointing "Journey's End" was that makes me think about that plot.

Hmmm....I actually found the episode rather boring, half way through I just hit FFWD until the end.