Your Camera Equipment

I'm still getting used to it at the moment but it seems great. Something that will probably give you a better idea about its capabilities can be found at TFT Central. As with all of these monitors it appears you can only get the best out of them if you have a hardware calibrator, I use a Huey Pro here and while it's OK I've had really mixed results. Colour accuracy has always been trial and error with me though...

That's usually down to a faulty cable or connection. My two 22" have great colour reproduction, as far as TN panels go.

How is that monitor for colour rendition? I'd like to upgrade from my 17", but the last time I tried (bought a Dell 20-something inch), the monitor I bought had a nasty colour cast.

Hehe. Heh. The colour blind guy wants a monitor with good colour reproduction.

What? No... I'm not being a jerk.... you're a jerk *runs off crying*

epp_b: read what I said again. :p I said they give good colours as far as TN panels go. I'm well aware that IPS panels would perform a lot better, but like Ramseus said, since your colourblindness wouldn't let you fully take advantage of the proper colour reproduction, a TN panel is all you need, frankly.

Now that I'm more used to this I can say for sure that it's leagues ahead of any monitor I've had the pleasure of owning. The clarity is absolutely phenomenal and (if you wanted to) you can view it from literally any angle. I'm very very happy with this :D.

OK, I see your points about my colourblindness, but I can see grays and I know that they were an awful wash of reddish tones on that monitor.

I think getting an IPS LCD is a step in the right direction if you were to take your photography a bit more seriously.

I really like the 27-inch iMac Core i7 as Apple appears to be the only one who is offering a 3 megapixel-sized LED-backlit IPS display but I'd like to see a more beefy GPU inside it so will wait for the mid-2010 model to come out. Why a beefier GPU for a computer that doesn't do games? Well Mac apps leverage the GPU to do the computations more than the CPU. ;)

OK, I see your points about my colourblindness, but I can see grays and I know that they were an awful wash of reddish tones on that monitor.
The difference between TNs and IPSs is that they only show 6 bit colour instead of 8, meaning they show 64 shades of either red, green or blue instead of 256, which is true jpeg. It doesn't mean that the greys will have a certain hue or that there will be colour bleeding of any sort. If that happens, there's something different wrong with the screen. If you see greys as they are, as you claim, a TN will show them no differently.

Then I guess it was something with that particular model. My boss has the exact same screen I had bought, and it, too, has the same colour cast.

Could be. You usually can't go wrong with Samsungs or LGs, I'd avoid any other brand. However, if you're looking to spend serious money, there's a few companies that make awesome LED backlit IPS panels.

I got a Manfrotto 190xPROB tripod with the standard basic head (804RC2) for Christmas. I finally have a tripod that actually supports the weight of the camera without flexing now hahaha

Yah I got it for just over half price on a Boxing Dale sale with money I got for Christmas.

As a side note, it also makes a wonderful coat rack when not in use... it's height adjustable! lol