The "New Toys" Thread

yei now my other christmas present is here (or in steam) l4d2 is now in my pc :)
and it only costed 25eur from g2play :)

An Xbox 360 Elite to replace my dying 2005 pro.

I am disappointed at the fact there was no HDMI cable included in the box. The only A/V cable is a SD composite pictured below. Even my 2005 pro came with a HD composite cable. and I'm not a fan of the new mic with the controls along the cable.

I can't believe thats all it came with. My Elite came with both composite cables and an HDMI cable.

Talk about trying to save money..

Just bought some Altec Lansing 2.1 speakers, they are quite ugly but I got them at half price and I like the sound quite a lot so far :)

10093051.jpg

Just bought some Altec Lansing 2.1 speakers, they are quite ugly but I got them at half price and I like the sound quite a lot so far :)

10093051.jpg

I'm assuming this is you first "Boxing Day"?

An Xbox 360 Elite to replace my dying 2005 pro.
DSCF5479.jpg

I am disappointed at the fact there was no HDMI cable included in the box. The only A/V cable is a SD composite pictured below. Even my 2005 pro came with a HD composite cable. and I'm not a fan of the new mic with the controls along the cable.
DSCF5481.jpg

On the upside it's much quieter and I'm glad to see a smaller transformer pictured below.
DSCF5480.jpg

Right now I'm stuck with my old 20GB drive until I can get hold of a transfer kit.
And I STILL have no way of getting 5.1 sound to my speakers. :(

http://forums.finalgear.com/forza-motorsports/forza-motorsport-3-a-36280/page-101/#post1162196

Don't be a wuss, cut that shit! ;-)

my big "new toy" i got for xmas was a mini fridge. like the type students get for they're dorm room. except i commute from home... and the fridge is made by Daewoo. i didnt even know they made refrigerators...

although, im planning on buying a PS3 on monday. my xmas present to myself...

10093051.jpg

That's a nice set, I've had the same in dark gray for a couple of years now and so far no complaints (well, depending on the placement of the speakers and your computer, the cables could be longer, but so far I've managed). It even manages to give plenty of bass even though the subwoofer isn't that big.

and the fridge is made by Daewoo. i didnt even know they made refrigerators...

Our fridge is made by LG. :p

Daewoo is like Hyundai and Mitsubishi: In the US, they're mainly known for their cars, but they're huge conglomerates that make just about everything, selling most of it in Asia.

Motorola-Milestone-Droid.jpg

Loving it so far. Cocked up the installation of the screen protector that the store gave me though, so I'm going to have to find a place tomorrow to get a new one put on properly (ie not a million bubbles trapped underneath).

Cases are also pretty hard to find since the device is so new to HK (It was only officially announced for sale on Monday, and I was luck to be able to put down a deposit on one early to hold it since stock in HK is extremely limited atm).

10093051.jpg

oooh my friend got those half a year ago at a sale, they're actually pretty high quality stuff, he loves them

Motorola-Milestone-Droid.jpg

Loving it so far. Cocked up the installation of the screen protector that the store gave me though, so I'm going to have to find a place tomorrow to get a new one put on properly (ie not a million bubbles trapped underneath).

Cases are also pretty hard to find since the device is so new to HK (It was only officially announced for sale on Monday, and I was luck to be able to put down a deposit on one early to hold it since stock in HK is extremely limited atm).

Solution!

Also, very jealous.

oooh my friend got those half a year ago at a sale, they're actually pretty high quality stuff, he loves them

No big surprise as they are produced by an actual hi-fi speaker company and not by some computer mouse and keyboard manufacturer :p

Bought this hardware for an upgrade of the family computer (and for my brother who wants to game)

Antec 500 Watt PSU
Gigabyte AM3 motherboard (AMD 785G)
AMD Phenom II X4 955 (4x 3200 MHz)
Memory: DIMM 4 GB DDR3-1066 Kit (4096 MB)
Asus 3D card: ATI Radeon HD5770

Now find some cheap place for a Win7 license and this will be one fine thing.