Girl getting punched in face - sensored. Opinions?

^ x2 :lol:

But seriously, the show is property of MTV so I don't see any issue with them censoring the punch out. On the other hand if it was the government stepping in and demanding the scene be taken out then there would be issues.

oh snap, i just keep watching it over and over again :D and yes, censorship sucks.

True, many aren't as strong as your average guy but then I would say it's more about reasonable force and it would be just as terrible to hit a wimpy dude with full force as it would be to hit a woman that was similarly weak in comparison to the dude.
this means my theory of "first arm wrestle her, and if she wins any moral obligations of physical assult are completely un-required" is right...
I guess my theory wouldn't stand much ground in court though... or in life actually...

Meh, I don't care and don't know why it'd be censored either, its hardly the end of the world somebody getting punched. I don't agree with violence my-self but this really does not bother me at all. I guess people who are offened would complain and fuck everything up though. Then the whole 'MTV supports violence against women' would appear etc...
In fact the guys facial expression is brilliant its like slow motion as well!:lol:

(Then again I have almost punched a girl in the face once in the past, didn't, I stopped myself mid-swing when I thought "Oh shit... what the fuck am I doing". Regreted ever wanting to hit her ever since.)

Last edited:
Is it really censorship? Or is it just editing? Did someone tell MTV that they're not allowed to air it?

Sencorship isn't limited to the big bad government, private firms do it all the time, I'm sure this was self sencorship. And there really isn't any govt. sencorship on US television, is it? Isn't it just private rating boards, like with the movie industry?

To be honest, the way the MPAA operates with their ratings seems far worse than a similar government agency. At least there's some accountability with the government, these private raters have just become the industry standard and they're not accountable to anyone, except to the big corporations who run it, I guess.

Sencorship isn't limited to the big bad government, private firms do it all the time, I'm sure this was self sencorship. And there really isn't any govt. sencorship on US television, is it? Isn't it just private rating boards, like with the movie industry?

To be honest, the way the MPAA operates with their ratings seems far worse than a similar government agency. At least there's some accountability with the government, these private raters have just become the industry standard and they're not accountable to anyone, except to the big corporations who run it, I guess.

Nope. There certainly is.
The best part is that they're appointed positions, so not anyone we voted to have represent our desires. They used to arrest performers and such for public profanity, but now its just loads of fines.
fcc-707809.gif

Last edited:
Oh, then that's something different. But even if it's appointed, you do get a say through elections, you vote for the guy who appoints the guy who appoints them or something like that, and as it's federal, there is some accountability.

You do get crocks from such systems, though. As Life of Brian was an insult to christian moral, it was indeed banned a couple of years in Norway.

What is fun is that usually MTV's way is "the worse, the better", and plenty of things have been shown on MTV that in my opinion would have deserved editing more than this punch. It seems like social taboos are much stronger than rationally induced judgments on what is worth wasting energy to be broadcast. Nothing new under the sun, apparently.

What I hate with US programming is the bloody beeping when people swear. Sure, I wouldn't mind so much if it were only deployed on programming being broadcasted in the US and the UK, but when they broadcast it in Norway, it really annoys me. Then again, I'm an avid swearer, and I loathe the general perception that swearing is bad, and something to be avoided. That is just crap.

Sure, we can show people getting shot, but oh no, swearing, that's a little bad, bu-effing-hu.

/rant

Given some of the shit MTV has aired in previous years, I'm surprised they edited this out.

I see the 4:15 Hellbus is boarding with that Street Fighter video. I think I can just make it----oh, cock! I'll have to wait for the 5:00.

What I hate with US programming is the bloody beeping when people swear. Sure, I wouldn't mind so much if it were only deployed on programming being broadcasted in the US and the UK, but when they broadcast it in Norway, it really annoys me. Then again, I'm an avid swearer, and I loathe the general perception that swearing is bad, and something to be avoided. That is just crap.

Sure, we can show people getting shot, but oh no, swearing, that's a little bad, bu-effing-hu.

/rant
If we were to censor the stuff you guys up north say, then about 70 % of it would consist of beeps... (Prime example, contains Norwegian language)

That said, I think censorship is silly...

That's pretty mild. Actually, not far from where I live, a man was aquitted after calling a policeman "h?stkuk" (a swearing that means "penis of horse"), as it was about culture, not an insult.

It's also said that you know that someone from northern Norway is angry at you if he hits your back and says "din j?vla h?stkuk" (en: "fucking horsecock"). You know he likes you if he hits your back and says "din j?vla h?stkuk".

That's pretty mild. Actually, not far from where I live, a man was aquitted after calling a policeman "h?stkuk" (a swearing that means "penis of horse"), as it was about culture, not an insult.
And was the officer at least suspended or something? You should be able to be be arrested for name-calling.

And was the officer at least suspended or something? You should be able to be be arrested for name-calling.

It wasn't the policeman who sweared, it was the guy getting the speeding ticket.

But the court decided that it's okay to call the police a horses penis round where I live, as we're northerners, and it's part of our culture.

Following that, though, shouldn't Irish people be able to punch cops in the face, as it is, after all, part of their culture?

It wasn't the policeman who sweared, it was the guy getting the speeding ticket.
I'm aware of that. I was under the impression that the citizen was arrested because he swore at the cop.

This has nothing to do with culture. An insult, in and of itself, is of no harm or danger to a police officer. "Swearing at the fuzz" shouldn't be a chargeable crime.

The only reason they would've censored that must have been to drum up some controversy. Goddamn do I hate MTV.

Also, that's funny as hell. Annoying skank gets decked by guido. Skanks unconscious, guidos in jail. It's a win all the way around.

I'm aware of that. I was under the impression that the citizen was arrested because he swore at the cop.
You know how it is. The cop probably trumped something up because the guy was being a belligerent ass. That's why it fell through in court.