Italian redhead

Yes, they were all accounted for before production.

Here's a brief recap of how the ordering process worked. Would-be customers expressed their interest in ordering one to Alfa Romeo, by signing a non-binding purchase request (there were more than 1200 requests). Alfa Romeo then went over the requests, deciding who would then be allowed to order the car. The chosen customers were then sent the official brochure, option and price list, and a draft of the contract, and Alfa arranged personal meetings with every customer to choose options and colors. After one or more of these meetings, the customer will sign the contract.

All of this happened way before production was even started. In fact, there wasn't even a final pre-production 8C Spider to see or test drive. Mine is one of the very first customer cars, and it's been built in september. Customer production started in july (and of course halted in august, as, well, Italy basically shuts down in august).

I'm Chuck Norris' martial arts teacher. YEEE-HAAA! :lol:

Last edited:
Now I'm really jealous!

How did you get chosen as a customer? Credit score? Lottery? Your standing in the community? How much money you give to public radio?

They never really revealed the criteria they used. All they would say is that they got info on you. Which does sound very Italian, after all...

As soon as he scratches it his family is send to sleep with the fishes with concrete shoes.

Oh and I really appreciate you getting the ROADSTER over the Coupe!

(in case you are wondering why I keep doing that:

<MacGeek> SPIDER damnit
<MacGeek> not cabrio!

<MacGeek> D-Fence, you called it a ROADSTER?
<MacGeek> I'LL KILL YOU FOR THAT!
<MacGeek> it's a fucking SPIDER damnit!

<MacGeek> YOU CALLED IT A ROADSTER AGAIN1

Italians <3

Last edited by a moderator:
^ :lmao:

Best car on this forum man!

Congratulations on your purchase, I mean most of us here have crappy cars compared to that.
a MiTo, people would kill for having a MiTo, oh yeah and the 8C. :p

Seriously what is it with the new forum members and their killer cars. You are making us look bad.

But on topic, seriously cool car man, one of the best looking cars ever in my opinion. I hope you enjoy it and dont just let it sit in the garage. Again, awesome car!

Not really a new forum member:

Just not very talkative, that's all :mrgreen:

I definitely don't let it sit in the garage. It has more miles now (about 2k) than many several years old Ferraris have...

Mad respect! That's one seriously sexy car. You made me jealous, that's for sure :p

I definitely don't let it sit in the garage. It has more miles now (about 2k) than many several years old Ferraris have...

What did I miss?

Did you not just get the car? :blink:

That's one beautiful car. I would take the spider any day over the coup?.
Maybe a bit too practical for me though. :D

So, how is it to drive?
Better than Clarkson said? :)

Thats really a lovely car. I would never hat thought I'd meet sombody having one - gratz!
Have you got pictures of your "small" Alfa?

Yes, they were all accounted for before production.

Here's a brief recap of how the ordering process worked. Would-be customers expressed their interest in ordering one to Alfa Romeo, by signing a non-binding purchase request (there were more than 1200 requests). Alfa Romeo then went over the requests, deciding who would then be allowed to order the car. The chosen customers were then sent the official brochure, option and price list, and a draft of the contract, and Alfa arranged personal meetings with every customer to choose options and colors. After one or more of these meetings, the customer will sign the contract.

All of this happened way before production was even started. In fact, there wasn't even a final pre-production 8C Spider to see or test drive. Mine is one of the very first customer cars, and it's been built in september. Customer production started in july (and of course halted in august, as, well, Italy basically shuts down in august).

I'm Chuck Norris' martial arts teacher. YEEE-HAAA! :lol:

Yum. That's my favourite car at the moment. I'm trying really hard to be happy for you but yeah it's just not happening, waves of jealousy are moving back and forth; right now I'm crossed between hugging you and hugging you, plunging a knife into your chest and stealing your car.... :pMaybe someday when I'm older; I'll hug you and buy the car off you instead.

Side note: What do you do as a living to afford that if you don't mind me asking?

So, how is it to drive?
Better than Clarkson said? :)
Definitely. And having driven both on the track, I'll say the Spider's better than the Competizione, as it has a lower center of gravity, the masses are more concentrated towards the center of gravity (for example, the fuel tank on the Competizione sat really high and behind the rear axle, while it's lower down and inside the wheelbase on the Spider), and it still has quite a lot of torsional rigidity, thanks to the mechanical layout and several strengthenings. Among which the world's biggest strut brace, ahr ahr ahr: (not my pic, not my car)

Alfa_026.jpg

Also, it has excellent in-cabin aerodynamics with the top down, if you keep your windows rolled up and have the windstop in place you can drive at pretty much any speed without much wind buffeting:

4b5ca

5ba08

Have you got pictures of your "small" Alfa?
Sure thing.

6fcb2

ebd99

_nd70043c240e.jpg

http://img18.imageshack.**/img18/9191/nd70040.jpg
http://img18.imageshack.**/img18/6076/nd70035.jpg
http://img194.imageshack.**/img194/7586/nd70034.jpg
http://img265.imageshack.**/img265/513/nd70052.jpg

Side note: What do you do as a living to afford that if you don't mind me asking?
Mafia hitman? :blowup: