I Zmax snake oil?

JipJopJones

Car(s)
1979 Cressida Wagon, 1981 Corolla Hardtop
As the title says.... I've seen tons of commercials for them, and they have been around for ages and are endorced my carol shelby... so, is it snake oil? or does it acctually do something?

ZMax is nothing but a really expensive mineral oil. Avoid.

Yah, I figured someone would call me on that. Never tried his chili though.

ZMax is nothing but a really expensive mineral oil. Avoid.

Trust me, I had no intentions of using it. I have just always been curious.

Around here the joke is putting on a very old man's voice and saying "Everything I own has Zmax in it."

Sure, Shelby may put it in everything, but if the engine implodes, all he does is swap it out with a new one, lo and behold it's still a Shelby, worked on by Shelby, with Shelby provided parts- so no loss. Whether or not the zmax has anything to do anything for him should have no bearing on anyone else, really.

Personally, I feel the only thing that belongs in your crank case is oil. All of the additives will only serve to thicken or most of the time thin your oil. Either is bad. If it belongs in your oil engineers would be putting it in there.

Also, I would not suggest putting Zmax n your fuel or anything else either.

Also, I would not suggest putting Zmax n your fuel or anything else either.
I always drop a bit of Octane Boost into my little Honda when I fill up with cheaper fuel. Seems to stop the detonation that occurs with low octane fuel. Other than that, I avoid all other shit like that.

Last time I used a Zmax product was roughly 1 hour prior to shooting a rod through the engine block. Granted it was a lawnmower, but still.