[F3TA] Round 4 Discussion

Matt2000

An Unfortunate Discovery
DONOR
Four from the top and two from the third row, UK.
Car(s)
'12 MX-5 PRHT, '02 Freelander, '90 Disco 1 Bobtail
Round Four - December 23rd to January 7th
Rally Di Positano - Full

Restrictions:

Class B.
AWD only.
Drivetrain swaps are allowed.
No Slicks.

Submitted entry must be valid (no warning triangle).

Entries to me via PM or email by midday GMT on January 7th. Please include 'F3TA Round Four' and your Gamertag/FG Username in the subject line. I am submitting my own entry, my photos will be posted in the results thread. I am now accepting entries as screenshots of the online leaderboards or I will look up your time. See rules for more details.

Rules and league calendar

Entries received so far
--------------------------------
Reckoning

Last edited:
Initial runs in a stock WRX are indicating that this track is IMPOSSIBLE TO GET A CLEAN LAP ON!

Lots to learn on this track, very very curvy and tight. There's a few places where putting your tires over the white lines results in the triangle.

I'm sensing that it's going to be mostly about trying not to crash on this one :D.

So roughly what time are we aiming at here? I've looked through the leaderboards there is a massive 1.5 min difference between the 1st and 500th place!

Just did my first ever lap on this track in a stock STI.

Ran a 7.26.xx

Oh yeah. Jealous? I thought so.

I'm sensing that it's going to be mostly about trying not to crash on this one :D.

So roughly what time are we aiming at here? I've looked through the leaderboards there is a massive 1.5 min difference between the 1st and 500th place!

Well, I'm gunning for the top 100, because I saw quite a few WRXs up there. That is, if my engineering skills don't let me down again.

first try: 7:29 in a stock audi rs4. first lap was a clean one, hurray!

edit: second try 7:01 in a '05 WRX, going any faster seems to make the lap invalid right away :p

Last edited:
Any one got a time yet? :p Managed 6:15.2 valid in the R34 GT-R.

Nice! That's a top 100 laptime, right? I've managed only around 6.30 in a '08 WRX on my first three tries, but all invalid :(.

Damn XBOX RROD-ed, so I'll will submit my time soon. Hopefully (but unlikely) the xbox will be back for next round.

And failtastic it was!
Off the bat, first lap B500 Rabbit, 07:07.185.

FUCK YEAH!

But, I don't really race all too much, so yeah.

/race-driver excuses

I've been caught up in Christmas and my week off work and haven't actually got a lap in yet. :lol:

Will try tomorrow if I have a chance.

Going to put in some work Saturday. I have the car (22B) ready to go, and a backup tuned as well just in case.

I've been trying to get used to my Fanatec. Couple more days and I'll work on it in earnest.

I got a 6:55.727 , something I can be proud of personally. I'll continue on tweaking with the time, though I'll make sure to actually get it in on the deadline this time.

Heh, something I've noticed. Seems cars that come stock AWD > cars converted to AWD. The balance definately feels different. Also, less work to get them tuned properly from what I've experianced.

6:42 low with the Volvo S60. If I push it, I can go faster but "fun" things like getting light around corners start to happen.

Last edited:
This track is tough with 900 degrees, lots of steering action required as the WRX doesn't trail brake too well at slow speed.

First tuned run resulted in a 6:30 dead, including a few overshot corners. I don't think tuning will be such an issue on this track as the driver learning it! I left the suspension stock as there's quite a few jumps and big bumps, put a new engine in it, and supercharged it to 400 HP. Also put on sport tires and race weight - I figure that since there's so little real hard acceleration on this track I should focus on handling.

Decided to jump back into the trials, and I have found this track nearly impossible to get a clean lap time on with how I set my cars up. The ass end just is too loose for the track, but I can't really drive it any other way. On the plus side, I have gotten some epic drift numbers posted! >.>