"Dear Previous Owner..." Open letters to the previous owners of your vehicles.

Honda VT500 Shadow:
Thanks for riding it back to my house for me. Has it really never been dropped? Upon closer inspection I found the back turn signal bent, and some small suspicious scratches on the windshield and clutch lever. Thanks for stripping half of the fasteners though, I'm really getting to know by easy-out drill bits.
Saab 9000 (Dad):
Thanks for selling me the car cheap, and maintaining it well. And for giving my brothers the crappier cars.

Last edited:
Dear mum!

The lolvo is still kicking ass although she turns 21 in a few weeks!

Escape:

Dear Ford, thank you for giving this thing an extra gear in a decent transmission and some more horsepower. It's nice to be able to go up hills while still being under 5,000 RPM. Also, thank for the pleather wrapped steering wheel, Sync, and temp/compass gauges in the center console. Regardless I'll still drive it like the old one.

GTC:

Dear Ken, for having loved this car so much it was sure in ratty shape. I can't complain though since I did only spend $600 to buy it from you with only 80,000 miles. Sadly because of it's rarity I had to buy one that had goat shit brown interior and an ugly exterior paint color that Chrysler decided to call pewter. Tell your son, thanks for the huge ass dent in the side. Also, I was very glad for the rust hiding in the rockers that made itself very evident a year after buying it. I love body work so it worked out for the best. I did enjoy the tire that had a slow leak that I discovered while driving 80 MPH down the interstate as I drove back to Utah from picking this up from you in Ohio. It was also nice when the brake pad fell apart only days after getting it home. In closing, I just wanted to let you know that the reason it idled high and performed badly was because the PCV valve hose kept blowing off under boost. I will give the car the life it deserves, make it faster, and when I'm done it will be better than when it came from Chrysler the day it was built.

Now, the Stealth is a funny because I actually did get to talk to the previous owner about all this shit after wards. As I bought the car from him on a forum and had the car shipped to me from Michigan. There were some things he neglected to mention. While they don't really matter in the long run, it still irks me that he didn't tell me.

Stealth:

Thanks for driving the car around with only four lug nuts, that weren't torqued down anyway. It made me appreciate the four warped rotors that would cause the wheel to shake violently and the ABS light to come on under hard braking! Thanks for mentioning that the amp in the head unit as hosed and the speakers were dry rotted so the surrounds were gone. Thanks for also telling me that second was a bit notchy but shifted great other wise even though I asked you if it grinds, well guess what, 2nd and 3rd both grind. I'm also glad you drove around with the camber all effed up. Thanks for mentioning the leaking heater core as well. Lastly, thanks for tightening the damn oil filter so tight and not lubing the damn o-ring. I love having to stab oil filters with a screw driver to get them off. Getting covered in used motor oil is always a blast. I love cleaning it up too!

I guess I can't complain too much since it did only cost me $6,300 with way low miles.

Dear SEAT Factory,

you suck at everything you do you drunken Spanish morons, stick to making siesta and stop the owners of your half-assembled cars from /wristing.

Thanks.

Dear lady who owned the F from new, who/what did you hit with it?

Camry

Bought it new.

2005 RX8

How the f$%^ could you DESTROY an engine after only 15,000 miles? SERIOUSLY, WHAT THE HELL COULD YOU HAVE DONE TO BLOW AN APEX SEAL SO EARLY?

Although, the dealership I bought it from did say that it was a single mom who owned it and traded it in for a Nissan Titan pickup truck.

2000 F150

The previous owner was my step-dad, and I would always tell him how underpowered it was and why it was stupid to buy a 4 door V6 F150.

Mazda b2600

Previous owner was my Grandfather. I still talk to him today about how much he took care of that truck. It had over 150,000 miles and looked brand new. Not one dent or scratch on it until I drove it soon after getting my DL when I nicked a street sign. Then the ABS plastic radiator fell out and overheated the engine causing the head gasket to crack. I keep apologizing to him how I destroyed the truck after owning it for only a year.

2005 RX8

How the f$%^ could you DESTROY an engine after only 15,000 miles? SERIOUSLY, WHAT THE HELL COULD YOU HAVE DONE TO BLOW AN APEX SEAL SO EARLY?

Although, the dealership I bought it from did say that it was a single mom who owned it and traded it in for a Nissan Titan pickup truck.

It needs to be driven like an Italian to clear the carbon. If you never rev it high bad things can happen. Though at 15k that shouldn't be an issue. Perhaps she did over rev it 24/7? Was it a stick?

Dear previous owner of the Punto.

Weren't you ever interested why the little warning light shaped like a steering wheel keeps turning on and off ? Well, lemme tell you, it was because the servo motor was an aftermarket piece of SHIT. But otherwise you looked after it. It's now doing it's 111 000th kilometre and the biggest repair so far as the ECU chip.

So well done, considering it's a Fiat. ;)

Dear Previous owner of my CJ5

You seemed like a pretty rad dude. You had all sorts of remote controlled planes, a chopper (motorcycle) and a sweet VW dunebug. You took pretty good care of your truck and were pretty upfront with everything. Also, thanks for putting a D44 in the rear. That saves me alot of trouble. I appreciate that. Although, when I asked about the clutch I think you exaggerated a bit when you said it was "very good". I beleived you because it seemed to be stong and engaged well. But that didn't stop it from going dead two months later.

Also it would have been nice if you kept a bit better care of the soft top. Oh well. All and all you sold me a pretty sweet truck with lots of potential.

Dear french baguettelovers.

Thank you for my awesome berlingo.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk-EnvlRwPU[/YOUTUBE]

1976 Honda CB550F

"Ran when parked," my ass. But hey, thanks for making my stock in Rustoleum increase by a few pennies when you bought about 3.5 million of their spray bombs to cover every single known surface with it.

Yamaha XJ600S Seca II

I hope your wife and daughter are doing well. (I got nothing to say to the guy, he seemed pretty reasonable.)

Bert, former 325e owner,
Sure the engine was rebuilt. That means fuck all when the rest of the car is falling apart. Really, who does an engine rebuild, paints the block, replaces all the gaskets ... then uses all the old plug wires, hoses, sensors, etc? And what did you do to the drivers seat? Seriously?

Yamaha owner,
If I see you again I'll buy you a beer. I just wish you would've told me how hard it is to find parts for this thing.

Dear mr. Prick.

Fuck you for:

-Crashing the car
-Not telling me about the rust under the rear hatch seal
-Ruining the differential
-Fitting the worst tints in the world for both the rear windows and lights
-Not keeping a sevice history from 2006-2009, scattered receipts are a bit hard to trust.

Thank you for:

-Fitting better springs and adjustable dampers.
-Fitting the double-plane rear wing from an Xr4i
-Selling the car to me for a very low price
-Living close to a place where I could stow it for a few weeks after buying it :p

To whom it may concern,

I purchased your 1991 BMW 318i. Thank you for doing a bunch of the PITA maintenance so I didn't have to and giving me a decent price in exchange for complete shit paint.

I have 1 question for ya though, Why in the hell did you have the nut on the drivers side front strut welded to the damper shaft?

Miata

Mind explaining to me how you got those weird scratch marks on the front bumper? Beyond that, thanks for buying an automatic 1.6 that you no longer loved and dumped in front of your dads place to become a pain in his ass so that I may get it for nothing :thumbsup:

I have 1 question for ya though, Why in the hell did you have the nut on the drivers side front strut welded to the damper shaft?
Why ... wha ... what the fuck would possess someone to do that?

Dear the previous owner of...:

The Mazda 323:

What the hell happened to that car? Just about everything that could possibly be damaged - without preventing the car from being drivable - was damaged in the fullest extent. 140,000 of the hardest miles I have ever seen on any car in my life! I particularly enjoyed the replacement fender on the passenger side while the driver side wheel stuck out about two inches from the wheel well. How did you manage that?

The Excel:

You should have put the right motor oil in the car, you dumb son of a bitch.

The Prelude:

I really appreciated the inspection sticker you somehow acquired despite the fact that the underbody was mostly newspaper covered by that spray-undercoating. Solid car my ass! It's apparently been turned into an ice racer now but that doesn't change the fact that you're a bastard and you deserve an ass beating. There's a very fine line between "buyer beware" and flat out deception.

The Saturn:

I actually regained my faith in humanity with this purchase and I'm very happy I bought this car from you. You were obviously an honest gentlemen and that meant a lot to me. The Saturn got me around for quite a while without much trouble but it was time to move on. Thank you.

The Versa:

I actually talked to you in person after buying the car. Any sixty year old man who had Sentra SE-R wheels mounted on his six-speed manual Versa has great taste in my book. Thanks for taking great care of the car in the little time you owned it before trading it in for a new Camaro. I just wish you had kept the OEM wheels - these tires on the SE-R rims are fantastic on normal pavement but awful everywhere else!

Kawasaki H1 500 Triple:

Thanks for giving us an honest great deal on the greatest bike I have ever had the pleasure of riding.

To the previous owner of my 98 Taurus:

While I do appreciate the fact that it looks like you actually did change the oil as needed, I'm just wondering as to why you only replaced things that are normally sets...just one at a time?

The new left ball joint was nice, but my car seems to have been equipped with two of them. Not sure why you didn't see the other one was iffy as well.

Also, the front right coil rides really nice, but the strut thingy in the middle seems to have been needing some love. Also, again, my car was built with two of them. Yep, one on each side. And strangely, the other side had a new strut, but an old coil. Weird, huh?

Ditto on the rear shocks. Um, make that shock. Again, thanks for replacing it, and it looked really spiffy with the one new tire that I got with the car.

Not sure how the lopsided aspect of the car slipped by. I'm just guessing you were going for the modified "lowrider' look.

This theme seems to have gone unchecked inside as well, with the one rear speaker that was replaced. Nice speakers though, MB Quart are some of my faves. Shame the other new one was still in the box in the trunk. But, I joined it with its comrade and they are much happier as a team now.

Was all this just happenstance, or, were you just screwing with me?

^^^^
TwoFace.jpg

Drove a Taurus?

I'll put something in for my old car:

'98 ZX2: I know, I should have looked it over more thoroughly before I bought it, but I was in a rush. It was mostly pretty decent, but I do have to wonder, would it have killed you to replace a belt? They were all disintegrated! And expensive, at that. And now that I've dropped it (and replaced all of the aforementioned belts), the new owner seems to be having no problems, grrr...

Chevy Beretta: Thanks uncle! It was a bad car but you took excellent care of it.

Land Rover: What in the name of all that is good in this world possessed you to reattach the started even though one of it's mountings was completely broken? Also using zip ties to hold the driver's side window mechanism in place isn't fixing the problem, it's shoving it under the mat for the next owner.

Yamaha XJ650: Hi uncle! It's me again. It would appear that during the care of the Beretta that you forgot to properly prepare the bike for storage before it sat in that garage for three years. Carburetors are a pain to clean out when they get that gummed up and when all four are like that it's torture. Please keep the bike running nicely for me. I miss her. :cry:

Suzuki Swift: Wow! What else can I say? The car is 10 years old and it still looks and drives like it's brand new. You're my hero(es).

Honda Benly: Cheers! The bike is 40 years old and it still runs like brand new. After letting it sit for two weeks it started on the first kick. Old bikes shouldn't be able to do that! It also looks much younger that it's age and on this island with it's rust problems that's a remarkable accomplishment.