Are You Athletic/Good at Sport?

Are You Athletic/Good at Sport?

• Total voters

LeMans GTR

So I was just wondering what everyone was like here. I had an epiphany the other day and basically what it meant was that I needed to be not so much more active but just enjoy sport more.

I live in Australia and sport is a very big thing so I guess I don't really fit in, it's not that I don't really enjoy it, with friends it is quite fun but most of the time I'm sort've left out and everyone else is way ahead of my league so I don't get much participation; either way I end up not doing much and that has sorta turned me off it. Part of this maybe due to my parents since they treat me like a prized gemstone but lets face it, it's because of me, my parents just sort've gave it a start. I can't even ride a damn bike and I can barely swim

Last edited:
i love sports, i hate being in a competition...

i realy have no urge to be the best, and i even have less urges to prove myself for someone i don't know/care for...

I am excellent at some things and absolutely crap at almost all the rest :p
I have pretty good balance and motor skills and I'm flexible, but I SUCK at anything that involves running, jumping, climbing (I blame that on my BP meds, even though I've always sucked at that)

I am terrible at all sports. I am pretty unfit (the only help I have is a quick metabolism -so I'm not fat). I never get any exercise other than walking to school every day. But no, I don't go running, I don't go to the gym, and yes I am a lazy idiot.

I wish I was more athletic, better at sports etc but I guess I didn't start in time.

Reactions: Jay
I can ride a bike and a horse (I've evented, show jumped and done dressage), ski (club comps), walk (recreation), lift weights and that sort of stuff.

Football, soccer, rugby = crapness
Hockey, cricket, softball, baseball, volleyball etc = mostly crapness
I am obviously missing the ball handling gene (although others I do reasonably OK with....go figure)

Swimming = drowning, though I can hold my breath for a while, and I used to be able to dive (and I hate heights)

Competition has been ruined after many years of compulsory involvement in school. The team stuff shits me. It's really, leave me alone to my own devices and I'll do stuff. Try and organise me into something, and you can jam it sideways.

Depends on which sports you mean. If you mean Karate, I can kiss ass in that, if it's in goalkeeping, I'll probably throw a tantum.

I am good enough at some sports to enjoy them, but not good enough to be competetive anywhere. And I plainly suck at all things involving fine motor skills or balance.

in my mind, i see myself next to Usain Bolt, Michael Jordan and people alike, though others tend not to associate me with them.

I am terrible at all sports. I am pretty unfit (the only help I have is a quick metabolism -so I'm not fat). I never get any exercise other than walking to school every day. But no, I don't go running, I don't go to the gym, and yes I am a lazy idiot.

I wish I was more athletic, better at sports etc but I guess I didn't start in time.

We are alike; well except you're better looking than me.

lol @ how no one voted yet for the first option :lol:

welcome to the internets :D

I was just about to choose the first option, until I realized no one opted for that :p

Well, I play fair amounts of golf and tennis, I cycle quite a lot, and I visit the gym to run and work out very often for body building (every alternate day). When I was younger, I ran in races, then I switched to golf and tennis. So far, I've won a few tennis competitions, never participated in golf competitions, and went on a few cycling expeditions.

But, swimming is drowning to me, and motorsport sport is still years away from me D:

Last edited:
I was just about to choose the first option, until I realized no one opted for that :p

Well, I play fair amounts of golf and tennis, I cycle quite a lot, and I visit the gym to run and work out very often for body building (every alternate day). When I was younger, I ran in races, then I switched to golf and tennis. So far, I've won a few tennis competitions, never participated in golf competitions, and went on a few cycling expeditions.

But, swimming is drowning to me, and motorsport sport is still years away from me D:

you're only 16, wait 2 or 3 years, and do like all the others: start drinking, take occasional drugs, have sex...and you'll stop doing sports as well :D

I'm fantastic at cricket (way to be humble, lol). I'm in the school team as the opening batsman and wicketkeeper.
I'm reasonable at tennis, squash, table tennis, and badminton. I'm also in the school team for badminton.
I'm barely reasonable at football/soccer.
I'm fairly crap at everything else.
I can't swim.

Things like cycling I don't really count as sports, but I'm pretty good at that too.

I'm pretty good at football, played professionally till I was 20
Pretty good at basketball, played as a hobby all my life and played in a non-pro team till 3 years ago
I've got several medals for long distance running, was Israeli champion for my age for the 2KM run when I was 15.
Played in the Israeli army football team as well.
And well...I was in the infantry in the Israeli army for 3 years and believe it or not it helps for sports :p

Things like cycling I don't really count as sports, but I'm pretty good at that too.

why not?

if you can race it, it's a sport

i don't count activities with a jury who have to give points as a sport (like synchronous diving, or jumping on a trampoline, ...)

in a sport, someone should be first, or have made the most scores, not been rewarded the highest score by someone sitting at a table (and i think that's the criteria they should use for the olympics as well)

i think i'm ok at sports. I've done volleyball for a few years and after that i started running. i've done a half-marathon once and i twice did the roparun, which is the longest relay run of europe (550KM, ~65KM per person in 2 days). i train 2 to 3 times a week.

I also played soccer, but that was more because all me friends at the time did that too. was about 10 at the time i guess. Volleyballed for a few years and the last 3 years i run.

My condition is pretty good, but it has been better.

i used to play soccer when very small
then i started with judo
got bored and started karate
got bored started swimming
got bored and went to a chessclub :|

now i'm not with a club, but i go squashing quite regularely, from time to time i go swimming, and when i'm realy bored, i might go running, but that doesn't happen all to often :D

PS: and driving my banshee is quite intense as well, and a very good workout for the torso...

you're only 16, wait 2 or 3 years, and do like all the others: start drinking, take occasional drugs, have sex...and you'll stop doing sports as well :D

Drugs are almost non-existent in Singapore, and the punishment for them is massive. 3 grammes of Cocaine/Diamorphine (Heroin)/Meth gets you death sentence. So, no drugs, because it's impossible to get them, and I don't want to meet my maker so soon :rolleyes:

Secondly, I'm allergic to alcoholic drinks like beer, I'll grow itchy rashes all over my arms and legs. And also, I'll vomit non-stop with only just 10ml of vodka. So no alcohol for me, for life :mad:

Finally, well, sex... I'm a conservative asian, so no pre-maritial sex for me, so I guess it'll be a long way till that :p

I win! :lol:

I forgot to add that I do kayaking too, it's superbly fun! I also hold a 2 star kayaking certificate! :mrgreen:

Last edited:
^i'd get married ASAP if i were you :D

Drugs are almost non-existent in Singapore, and the punishment for them is massive. 3 grammes of Cocaine/Diamorphine (Heroin)/Meth gets you death sentence. So, no drugs, because it's impossible to get them, and I don't want to meet my maker so soon :rolleyes:

Secondly, I'm allergic to alcoholic drinks like beer, I'll grow itchy rashes all over my arms and legs. And also, I'll vomit non-stop with only just 10ml of vodka. So no alcohol for me, for life :mad:

Finally, well, sex... I'm a conservative asian, so no pre-maritial sex for me, so I guess it'll be a long way till that :p

I win! :lol:

I forgot to add that I do kayaking too, it's superbly fun! I also hold a 2 star kayaking certificate! :mrgreen:

oh fuck you Asian Alex Rider :p