Stupid Scars

shesquint

Car(s)
I call it Dammit.
Most of my friends are quite accident prone. I myself am extremely accident prone. I am known for getting hurt in really stupid ways, so much so that one crew I work with regularly actually has a betting pool on when I'm going to bleed.

Recently I got to thinking about scars, and how most people have at least one with a cool story behind it. I have loads, but all of the accompanying stories are stupid. What about you? Do you have any stupid-story scars? Any cool-story ones? I'll kick off with a couple of mine.

1. There's an inch-long scar extending south from my right eyebrow. I was bolting some truss together when my wrench slipped off the head of the bolt, causing me to fall forward and smack my face quite hard into the truss itself. My eyebrow burst open in something the doctor called "a boxer's cut." I was quite dazed, but I remember seeing a lot of alarmed looks as I walked backstage to check myself out. The next day, I found out that I'd left a 60' trail of blood, and had joined the large group of people who are literally scarred for life as a result of the Dave Matthews Band.

2. My right hand bears a long, thin scar from when I got too close to someone who was gesturing with a power tool in his hand. A paddle bit will slice you right open if you aren't careful.

In Dumb Injuries That Didn't Leave Scars news . . . I once cut my finger open on the first aid kit as I was reaching in for a band-aid to put on another cut finger.

Lastly, I once got a black--well, greenish--eye in my sleep. A full can of Arizona Iced Tea somehow worked its way 8" to the front of the shelf above the bed, fell over, and bounced off my eye socket and onto the floor, finally coming to rest in the bottom drawer of my nightstand. It was quite painful. I woke with a greenish eye and two scabbed-over cuts. Gave my husband quite a fright.

I've still got a hint of a scar on the back of my right hand after I slapped a former classmate of mine about 8 years ago and my hand got cut into one of his teeth. :| That scar just reminds me how much of an idiot I was able to be, at some moments, back then.

Being a dirtbiker since the age of 14, i got plenty of scars.. Including some from surgery. They add character! :)

Last edited:
when i was little, i was trying to get a wheelbarrow out of a greenhouse, was walking backwards, and walked with my bag against a well...the wheelbarrow didn't stop, and cut my pink in half...

and the knuckles on my left hand have some scars from falling out of a moving car

and once i tried to open a beerbottle with a solid 3cm diameter metal bar...broke the top of the bottle straight off, almost losing the top of my indexfinger...

oh, and a nasty one on my arm. me and my sister were helping my mother with the dishes, i dried of a plate, and turned around to put in on the table, but behind me was my sister drying a knife, and while i was turning, the point of the knife disappeared into my arm...

EDIT: oh, and one on the inside of my hand...tried to prove it's possible to smash an upside down flower pot with your flat hand...it was broken alright :shock:

Last edited:
Being a dirtbiker since the age of 14, i got plenty of scars.. Including some from surgery. They add character! :)

Well, yeah. I love mine. I just wish I had some cool stories to back them up.

Bone, way to make me feel better about my own stupid injuries. :lol:

I have one bumpy scar on the left side of my forehead, from when I was very little and decided it was a great idea to jump down the stairs to our house... and promptly fell on the pebble tiles in front of them.

And if you look really hard, you can see a bit of leftover scars on my left hand's knuckles, from a crash on my bicycle caused by hitting a corner too fast a few years ago.

Other than that... not really. Although I am actually quite prone to small injuries as well, I guess. Just nothing big enough to leave scars.

Four of my fingers bear pretty ugly scars from when i got stuck in a machine at work. I still can't feel my fingertips, and it have been 12 years since the accident.

I have a really stupid scar on the ring finger of my left hand, it's a little crescent shaped one...I was playing on some playground equipment with my sister (I was a child at this stage) and she slipped and grabbed my hand to steady herself, and her fingernail dug a chunk out of my finger. It was really cold so we didn't notice until we got back in the warm car and my hand started gushing blood.

I also have a thin scar running down my left calf from when the pedal fell off my pushbike and the metal bit sliced my leg open.

I've got a small scar on my right thumb. Somehow I managed to cut myself on a piece of metal inside a computer whilst trying to remove part of the front casing. Nowadays the scar looks like one of the other wrinkles on top of the joint, except it's perpendicular to those.

And I managed to get scars around both eyes. One on the right eyelid from having several quite serious crashes with my bicycle whilst being horribly drunk for the first time (at the age of 16). Don't remember much of it, only waking up the next morning wasn't very nice. A friend and his father decided to drive me home and not to a hospital or doctor of any sorts. Half my face was grazed, my glasses broken and I was bleeding but to them some good night sleep seemed better than medical attention. But I guess I shouldn't have gotten drunk in the first place. Today there's only a small scar left from that incident and that's only visible when I close my eyes.
And then a couple of months ago I managed to have another accident with my bicycle because I was driving too slowly and wasn't paying any attention to the curb I was about to hit. Which caused my bike to stop and me leaving it head-on over the handlebars and hitting the pavement face-first, causing a laceration around my left eyebrow which had to be stitched. Scars from the stitches and the initial cut are now mostly hidden by my regrown eyebrow though.

my scars are very uninteresting and mostly do to my skin being crap. I get them from minor cuts sometimes <_<

From surgery to rebuild my elbow

From surgery to repair my spleen and intestines.. Also, that small one to drain blood

I also have a chest tube one, one from road rash on my knee and 2 small ones from the bar going through my other knee (traction)

All from my motorcycle crash!

Holy crap, man! That looks . . . well, painful.

I have two traction scars on my elbow. They make my elbow look like an angry axolotl.

They didn't wait for the anesthetic to kick in all the way before removing the pin. Twenty-six years later I can still vividly remember the feel of metal scraping against bone.

Asides from minor ones I have a 1.5" scar on my right hand from when I was about 10 and fell down an embankment and cut it on a piece of corrugated iron (nearly went clean through my hand) overnight in hospital with plastic surgery and a cast for months... in the middle of summer...

I only have one (fading) scar on my elbow and my knee from a spectacular crash on my bike when I was about 9, I had minor road rash all up my right leg leg and on my lower arm, but apparently 20 years takes care of that.

THIS IS A PICTURE OF A MAJOR INJURY BEFORE IT SCARRED UP.

n503524377_35738_2565.jpg

The gouge on the leg itself is where the bone pretty much came out. The gash on my foot is a post-operative infection. :)

There's also a giant scar running along my knee where they put a big rod in my leg and screwed it into place.

They didn't wait for the anesthetic to kick in all the way before removing the pin. Twenty-six years later I can still vividly remember the feel of metal scraping against bone.

They GAVE you anaesthetic!?

They didn't even bother with me. I thought it was quite funny.. And i was pretty chuffed to have it ridden of. Felt quite nice to be able to lye on my side for the first time in 7 weeks.

I actually took a picture of it at the time... WARNING, SLIGHTLY GRAPHIC. ..Only slightly though.

A small scar under my left knee from crashing my super awesome silver bike when I was 5 or 6. Not that visible anymore, but I remember it hurt like hell and there was blood in my shoe.

Then I have three small perfectly lined scars on my right index I got in small scale boat competion in school. Scars in a boat competition you say? Well, let me explain. While we were preparing our superiorly quick and streamlined rubber powered boat for a second run, my finger slipped and I got slashed by the metal edge of the propeller. Yes, it was so badass it had metal propeller and was bright orange. Walked calmly to the teachers lounge making all the girls scream on the way and dropping blood on the way got it cleaned and bandage on it and got back. And yes, the boat slashed the competition! :lol:

The biggest scar I got some time before Christmas when I was around 11 and we went sledding with my friends.

The hill was steep and bumpy and there wasn't much snow. I got too much air near the bottom at speed, flew off my red sledge and scrashed to the shrubbery banking the hill. Felt terrible pain on one of my legs and had to sit several minutes biting my lip. Lifted the leg of my pants but saw nothing. Carried on some time, but then left before my friends because the leg still hurted.

After walking home for few kilometers I get to the living room telling my leg hurts and check the leg lifting the leg of my long underpants. There is almost a 10 cm long, deep wound running paraller to my leg. There is no blood (cold temperature and plain luck probably), but my mother panics and almost faints.

Hospital visit and 9 stiches it is then.

But I was really lucky the pointy tree stub only pierced my pants and leg, could have been much worse. Still well visible though.

Yeah, my best and wildest accident prone days have long passed but I'm still cool as cucumber with blood.

edit. Woah, some people have had some nasty injuries. I've never broken a bone, but you don't being a nerd. Or when you try protecting your glasses when doing sports.

Last edited:
They GAVE you anaesthetic!?

They didn't give you any?! Augh! You poor thing! So you must also be familiar with the grating of metal against bone. Awful, innit?

FWIW, I was six years old at the time. I doubt anyone in the hospital wanted to see a six-year-old girl suffer needlessly. Maybe that's why I got it.

I've never broken a bone, but you don't being a nerd.

OH yes you do. This particular nerd has broken 13 or more*. Most of them in stupid ways, of course, like when the fat Filipino kid ran over my thumb with his bike, when I tripped over my cat and broke my wrist, or when I fell of a chair while changing a light bulb and broke my knee.

*"Or more" because I've probably fractured my fingers several times in the last ten years or so; I just don't bother seeing a doctor about them anymore.

Stretch marks on my biceps because my muscles grew wayyy too fast after I started working out. :/

And on my knee after I broke a bone after falling off a horse in an undignified manner. :p

They didn't give you any?! Augh! You poor thing! So you must also be familiar with the grating of metal against bone. Awful, innit?

FWIW, I was six years old at the time. I doubt anyone in the hospital wanted to see a six-year-old girl suffer needlessly. Maybe that's why I got it.

I found it only really hurt when they initially started to turn it out.. Then it just felt wierd and i was laughing because of how odd it was.:lol: Didn't really hurt..:p