Random Thoughts....

I wasn't going to say anything, but because you brought I up I'll tell you. It's because you smell funny, we all think so and we were just being polite not telling you until now.:D Also ninjacoco is cuter.

It's ok, I'm Indian. I smell like Ralph Lauren and Old Spice feverishly trying to cover up the smell of curry.

^ We're only 1h17m from 2010!

Guess what, I'm only 60 pages from finishing my diploma thesis. At least I hope it'll be only 60 more pages. So my plans for tonight are: writing writing writing, creating plots and illustrations, writing writing writing and so on.

Snow is cool, except when I go home in 50 minutes and have to scrape off my car. Worth it for the drive though.

Guess what, I'm only 60 pages from finishing my diploma thesis. At least I hope it'll be only 60 more pages. So my plans for tonight are: writing writing writing, creating plots and illustrations, writing writing writing and so on.

You have to turn it in tomorrow?

You have to turn it in tomorrow?

No, in 10 days. Officially I have time until the end of January but my Professor decided that he wanted "something" to read when he gets back from his vacation. And that "something" has to be almost the entire thesis because every chapter refers to previous chapters and of course I started to write the last couple of chapters first and now I have to write the first half in quite a hurry as well. Usually you write like one page a day, including all the graphics and formatting.

i admit, when i was in yurop snow made me feel like a kid too...

No, in 10 days. Officially I have time until the end of January but my Professor decided that he wanted "something" to read when he gets back from his vacation. And that "something" has to be almost the entire thesis because every chapter refers to previous chapters and of course I started to write the last couple of chapters first and now I have to write the first half in quite a hurry as well. Usually you write like one page a day, including all the graphics and formatting.

I'm sorry about that. I too have a paper to do on the car of the future for physics by Jan 15th and I haven't even started thinking on what the topic should be. I was thinking of hydrogen fuel cells and the Honda FCX Clarity

Tips for new members who want rep:

1. Post your car (don't include proof)
2. Accept the flaming and naysaying
3. wait a bit
4. Post your car (with proof)
5. Click the "User CP" button, and voila! +reps

Speaking of uncomfortable dinner parties, every month we are invited to Sunday dinner at my wife's friends house. She and her husband are very down to Earth, wonderful, humble people, but they through good fortune are very VERY wealthy, and the house is actually a Manor House they built ten years ago that resembles one from the 19th century. And it is huge and stately and me being raised like a wholesome Midwesterner, I feel a bit out of place.

Reminds me of my father, in a way. He grew up outside of Flint Michigan, lived in a rustic house, his bedroom was once a chicken coop and they had no running water inside. The site of the house is now a city park in Flushing Michigan. He got a scholarship Michigan State, landed a job with the state of Wisconsin DOT, designed many bridges and roads in Southern Wisconsin, then contractor for construction projects* and took a pay cut in order to have a large pension when he retired. Because of that, I was one of the "poor kids" living and attending school in a pretty affluent part of the city I grew up in.
Now, he makes more money retired than working, thanks to his pension and wise investing in mutual funds.

*that was great because the construction companies I was selling heavy equipment parts to all knew my father and got me into a lot of doors, so much so I pushed out NAPA selling parts to these companies in the entire Madison area. :D

i admit, when i was in yurop snow made me feel like a kid too...

When I was younger, I used to work at the local mall wiping tables. I was walking home with a few co-workers who were from Texas and had never seen snow before. They thought it was magical, I mean, you should have seen the looks on their faces. And it was a snowfall with big fluffy flakes and virtually no wind.

Jay,

My dad is the inverse of yours - he earned shed loads of money - liked betting on horse racing, now lives on his state pension and a small investment in Government Bonds. Oh well.

It's been 2010 for an hour now...don't held your breath people, this feels like a repost.

i'll go and tell everyone everything they own is SO last decade in about 7 hours

^Suddenly I feel much better of not having the money to get drunk.