[14x06] December 27th, 2009 [South America Special]

[14x06] December 27th, 2009 [South America Special]

• Total voters
Riding an Apaca
zodiac%20alpaca%20dante.jpg

Did you know it's believed syphilis came from herders shagging alpacas? :p

Actually, that's an urban - or rural? myth.

it was really an epic episode! 10/10

^ That is the most logical answer however im reallly looking for conclusive info. Has anyone ever been?

A lot of the time you will see the same audience members and even though a lot of the time Richard and Jeremy will change there tops i think there been a few times were James just took his Jacket off. ruining there carefully thought out plan:lol:

^
James is also wearing the same jacket from the previous episode.

Nice home made snorkle in the Rover
attachment.php
Thanks for the pics. Just one thing though, what exactly was the hose used for? It was the only piece of kit we didn't see get used during the trip.

Yeah.. I thought it would have been an obvious waste of time to go there for less than 1 minute of actual film time, then go home.

But you would get to hang out with the TG3 and maybe *quivering breath* Andy as well! :p

^
James is also wearing the same jacket from the previous episode.

Thanks for the pics. Just one thing though, what exactly was the hose used for? It was the only piece of kit we didn't see get used during the trip.

Used as a poor mans snorkle. Gets air from inside the cab meaning, hopefully, less dust.

As to why it was never used in the show....... I have no idea.

Last edited:
Nope. If you look carefully you'll see that all the closeups of the tires and rocks falling down into the abyss and so on show little execept the abyss and maybe a tire or so...
...these were shot later, presumably with no one but the camera crew around, to aid the storytelling. The incident itself, i think, was genuine.

EDIT 2:[/I] Even if all white Toyotas in South America are TG camera crew rentals, Jezza's fear seemed genuine enough for me. He's not that much of an actor.

Regarding the JC incident, I don't know how common that model of Toyota SUV is in Bolivia, but here we can see the same model in the same color overtaking May:

e8mosp.jpg

It simply was built up to be a return to the glory days, and to me at least, it wasn't.

I agree it wasn't as good as some of the older classic ones, but it's so much better than the rest of the season so far. ;)

Regarding the JC incident, I don't know how common that model of Toyota SUV is in Bolivia, but here we can see the same model in the same color overtaking May:

As the crew used this kind of SUV, we can assume that it's the SUV one of the large international car rental agency's Bolivian subsidiatry rents out. This means that depending on the amount of SUVs demanded by Bolivian car rental customers (quite a lot, i'd guess, judging from the state of the roads) there most likely is a large fleet of indentical Toyota SUVs operated by a rental agency.

Of course, it being a crew car still is possible, maybe even most probable, but after all the people going IT WAS THE SAME SANDERO TG SCRIPT0RZ SUXX when the cars clearly are different ones, i don't want to jump to foregone conclusions.

i just want to mention that there's no way you're gonna get the 3 of them to drive to the studio to do a 3 minute intro then go home, i believe jeremy and richard live pretty far.

also, there probably wouldn't have been an audience at all if it was filed on the wednesday night like on a normal night seeing as it was christmas eve.

I bet they would get a audience for Christmas eve but i think it could be the most expensive 3 minutes in top gear history if they got everyone together for a intro.:lol:

I bet they would get a audience for Christmas eve but i think it could be the most expensive 3 minutes in top gear history if they got everyone together for a intro.:lol:

no doubt, considering how much all of them get paid.

and yeah, i think they would still have an audience, but it wouldn't be full, and i'd be willing to bet half of them would be wearing santa hats!

i just want to mention that there's no way you're gonna get the 3 of them to drive to the studio to do a 3 minute intro then go home, i believe jeremy and richard live pretty far.

:nod: Chipping Norton and on the Herefordshire/Gloucestershire border, respectively. (Richard's the furthest away.)

also, there probably wouldn't have been an audience at all if it was filed on the wednesday night like on a normal night seeing as it was christmas eve.

Christmas Eve was on a Thursday. Still, though.

and yeah, i think they would still have an audience, but it wouldn't be full, and i'd be willing to bet half of them would be wearing santa hats!

:lol:

Only just noticed, not sure if it's been mentioned already, done a quick search and couldn't find anything...

But at the beginning whilst they are waiting for their cars to arrive on the raft and Clarkson is playing [as per James comment] 'ethnic tunes', he's actually playing his iPhone!! There's an app for everything!

i give it 10

i give it 10

Bolivia and the polar special are now my all time favorite....

I didn't spot that! I knew he was playing something, but the last thing I expected was his iPhone. Dayum, there really is an app for everything!

It's the ocarina app you blow into the microphone at one end and there are 4 buttons to press that change the notes!

Is it sad that i have it?

It was so good, I'm watching it again. 10/10 guys, that was really incredible.

Oh, and Jeremy, next time, lose the whitewall tires and Richard...avoid the coca.

Regarding the JC incident, I don't know how common that model of Toyota SUV is in Bolivia, but here we can see the same model in the same color overtaking May

It could just be as simple as the driver was driving somewhere, got to his destination, turned round and was coming back when he encountered Clarkson.

I as well as many other people think it was genuine. Yeah they probably filmed the close up shots and the wheel on the edge shots later, but I don't care really. If they didn't and just kept the wide angle view and the internal camera people would have complained then too....

Same with the Hammond and the vicious killer snake in his car, he probably wasn't just filmed opening his door in the morning, they probably filmed that later in the day or whenever to make it flow more.

And I don't like to mention the dreaded 'S' word, but it seems that some viewers beleive that the WHOLE thing was scripted, I overheard someone at work talking about it who thinks that the whole thing was shot in the UK! Tool!:bangin:

I overheard someone at work talking about it who thinks that the whole thing was shot in the UK! Tool!:bangin:

Bugger, no one was supposed to figure that out... you know, the first part was actually filmed in Epping (tropical rain) Forest and the end was shot on Brean Downs in Somerset. Mind you, it's amazing how they managed to make the Brecon Beacons look that arid and lifeless. Wonder how they hid all the sheep? :lol: