Doctor Who

What an episode to end Tennant's time as The Doctor! Brilliant one.

The episode was very well put together - the working in of Wilf was wonderfully done, and the moment when he was stuck in the glass-thing (before the Doctor saved him) was brilliant acting/writing and showed actual emotion as opposed to the dreadful ending of the Mars one where he 'discovered' his power (or something like that - whatever it was shit). And that ending was a bloody brilliant one. The meeting Rose/Billie was a great touch, when she didn't know him :p

Certainly the best acting show from Tennant in his last performance. I don't want you to go too. But the new guy seems pretty good.

And that trailer for the new series also looks brilliant! Can't wait :p

And one final point - anyone think they've re-done the logo/possibly the titles for Doctor Who? The end of the show, and the end of that ad there is what I presume is the new Logo.
On the fly edit: I'm told that there will indeed be a new logo, new titles, and a new Tardis. Explains the destruction of it then (Not a spoiler - they just did it randomly while he was transforming).

It will be considered a new show by the BBC. Probably as a result of the staff change.

With Moffet as show runner it should be good. He is writing six episodes!

It will be considered a new show by the BBC. Probably as a result of the staff change.

With Moffet as show runner it should be good. He is writing six episodes!
Yea, it's about to get very confusing with Series numbers and such. Technically, the new Doctor's series should be #31 in the whole makeup, but it's also series 5 for New Who. But then, the BBC is also going to call it Series 1, which makes absolutely no sense at all. Imagine if they had started over on series numbering with Old Who every time the Doctor Regenerated!

Yea, it's about to get very confusing with Series numbers and such. Technically, the new Doctor's series should be #31 in the whole makeup, but it's also series 5 for New Who. But then, the BBC is also going to call it Series 1, which makes absolutely no sense at all. Imagine if they had started over on series numbering with Old Who every time the Doctor Regenerated!

the problem seems to be that the BBC probably thinks that by calling it Series 5 its going to be difficult for new viewers to jump on board since they might not want to given the wealth of story and canonicity behind it.
By calling it Series 1 they obviously want it to be a new launch for Doctor Who so that new viewers can jump on without having to know the entire backstory of the character.
To me, it just sounds plain stupid. I'm a big fan of the BBC but they run a real risk of confusing and alienating the fans that they should try to keep hold of instead of making their heads explode trying to figure out production codes and so on.
Still, one day on and its still left a impact. The way that they went from sadness of Tennant's departure to the excitement of the new Doctor was amazing.

Also,
Is it just me, or did anyone else go "BWAAAAA?!" when The Doctor called Rassilon by name? I had just watched The Five Doctors before EoT2, and I was under the impression that Rassilon was quite dead.

Also,
Is it just me, or did anyone else go "BWAAAAA?!" when The Doctor called Rassilon by name? I had just watched The Five Doctors before EoT2, and I was under the impression that Rassilon was quite dead.

yeah i answered that with my own
what the fudge? ain't he pushing up the daisies?

Re: Doctor Who

Does anyone have any idea who that mysterious older Time Lady was? I'm curious, and my friends and I are going round and round as to whether it's The Doctor's Mum, The Master's Mum, or my personal favorite, Romana...

He got better.

Does anyone have any idea who that mysterious older Time Lady was? I'm curious, and my friends and I are going round and round as to whether it's The Doctor's Mum, The Master's Mum, or my personal favorite, Romana...

according to the commentary that came with the episode. Julie Gardner stated that the Time Lady was the Doctor's Mum but has been left open ended because RTD wanted it the fans to figure it out for themselves. I was under the impression that it was Romana when it aired.

also, god bless Johnny Vegas...
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86ezOdmvgyg[/YOUTUBE]

I'm really excited about the new series and the new doctor. It looks like they are taking advantage of this fantastic opportunity to keep the show fresh.

5 reasons to look forward to the new series of Dr Who.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 63
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 75
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 71
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 64
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 67
Well, I'm really sad to see him go, but an excellent send off.

Also,

According to wiki, he was resurrected (presumably from where his body was laid to rest) for the Time War.

It's interesting that the redesign of the Tardis is much closer to the classic ones pre RTD era. Perhaps this time the windows will be the right size.

proof that the sun just doesn't get the joke entirely. i've had to spoiler it though because it does revolve around the ending of last weeks episode which people might not have seen yet.

Who Fans See Red
ROOKIE Matt Smith has only been Doctor Who for 30 seconds - but has already caused mums to turn red with rage. Complaints have flooded in about his New Year's Day debut after the Timelord regenerated, checked his new looks, then said: "Still not ginger."
The comment enraged parents who said it upset their red-haired children and would incite school bullies to pick on them. One furious mum who complained to the BBC said: "I think it is totally inappropriate for the Doctor to make fun of people with ginger hair - it is a programme children watch and I think it will encourage bullying." But fans of the show insisted the remark was an in-joke and meant to be COMPLIMENTARY.
Posts on internet forums said Matt's remark was a homage to the first episode of his predecessor David Tennant, 38, in 2005.
In the special, called The Christmas Invasion, he tells companion Rose Tyler (Billie Piper) that he wanted to be ginger. And Doctor Who chiefs will be keen to stress that the show has been home to a number of red-haired characters. They include assistant Donna Noble (Catherine Tate) and incoming companion Amy Pond (Karen Gillan) - who is set to make her debut in the spring.
It's not the first bout of criticism Matt, 27, has come in for - with some fans complaining that he is too young for the iconic sci-fi role.
He became the 11th actor to play the character when Tennant's incarnation absorbed a fatal dose of radiation.The Doctor then regenerated into Matt.
Nearly 11million people tuned into BBC1 to watch.

full story and comments at http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/2792846/Doctor-Who-fans-angered-by-ginger-jibe.html

After re-watching the 10-11 regeneration scene...I have decided that I like Matt Smith :)

Bring on Series 5! (Yes, 5 Not 1, 5.)

God people are stupid http://gallifreynewsbase.blogspot.com/
The new Doctor might have just uttered a few words so far, but his remark about still not being ginger has proved controversial with many grasping the wrong end of the stick. Perhaps egged on by comments in several newspapers, the BBC has received 143 complaints about the line, forcing the corporation to put out a statement clarifying that the Doctor was disappointed not to be ginger.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/response/2010/01/100106_res_doctorwho_ginger_jmf.shtml
The BBC's response

We would like to reassure viewers that Doctor Who doesn't have an anti ginger agenda whatsoever. This was a reprise of the line in the Christmas Invasion episode in 2005, when David Tennant discovers that he's not ginger, and here he is, missing out again - disappointed he's still not ginger.

In addition, the Doctor's previous companion Donna Noble (Catherine Tate) and his new one Amy Pond (Karen Gillan) are both redheads.
With this and the Jack scene does this mean Who got more complaints then Top Gear.:rolleyes: