The "New Toys" Thread

oooh my friend got those half a year ago at a sale, they're actually pretty high quality stuff, he loves them

One week after buying I encountered a problem. The sound is so good that I have that urge to up the volume just a little bit more each time, my roommates seem to disagree with that :-D

It's glass, you won't.

The scratch on my iPhone's screen would like to have a word with you :mad:

:p

Got a Pantone Huey monitor calibrator!

IMG_2001.jpg

The scratch on my iPhone's screen would like to have a word with you :mad:

:p

Yeah, me too. Slippedout of my pocket, landed on a sharp stone, bam, scratch :cry:

New phone today. Samsung Highlight.

samsung-highlight-tmob-ice-hero.jpg

I gotta say, I love it. I wanted an Iphone, but it would cost so much to get out from my contract with T-Mobile and I really do like them. Plus, only $21 for a full touch screen phone? I could not pass that deal up.

my itouch is scratched too :(

Also it's worth noting, if you have a stylus for it, it does not work through a screen protector, so I don't and mine is now scratched. <_<

shure-se210-earphones-review.jpg

Shure SE210

I seriously need to stop buying random (read: pointless) stuff, seeing as I've already spent over a few thousand dollars during the winter holiday

: (

I quite liked my pair until the cable tore/popped out of the left ear piece. The cable themselves are durable, they're comfortable and have decent sound quality, but be careful with the ear buds- my pair only managed to last a year.

yeah, I heard that they are not too durable. But I am enjoying the sound quality, it's significantly better than my other earphones. :) :cool:

Upgraded my dads computer with the following:

i5 750
Asus P7P55D
OCZ Platinum Edition 2x2GB
OCZ ModXStream 500w
Sapphire ATI HD4830

I was hoping the old 6800GT he had would still do the job but it was horrible in Windows 7, so I had to get the 4830.
Unfortunately the PSU failed after about 2 hours, so I have had to re-install his old 350W PSU which is doing a fine job.

6800GT not good enough for 7? The Radeon 9600 in my parents' computer works perfectly, Aero is completely smooth at 1680 x 1050.

Intel GMA950 can do Win7, the 6800GT is lightyears beyond that.

Last edited:
It wasn't happy. When you opened windows they "scrolled" in rather than just appearing. Obviously I had loaded the most recent drivers but it made no difference.

Did you get them from Nvidia or Windows Update? Try the other one.

Got this 4 port USB charger from Newegg. This way, I only need to bring one charger for my Blackberry and iPod (plus conceivably, two more USB gadgets) when I travel.

charger01.jpg
charger02.jpg

trust-easyconnect-7-port-usb2-powered-hub-hu-5870v-uk-p_167472vb.png

972710.jpg

And just before Christmas I got an Asus VH222H to go with my new build, and remove the penultimate barrier to my getting a PS3:
Asus_VH222H.jpg

edit: that USB hub has the brightest blue LED in the universe...

Last edited:
^^ That is some nice things stiggles :nod:

Last edited: