Highways Agency ban the word 'motorists'. No really.

fair enough :lol:

Yeah, people are not supposed to be that color. :p

Ok, at what point is England going to reveal that it is actually the biggest practical joke of all time?

^ Your post seems to be broken. All that is showing up is a bit of punctuation.

"As an agency we target all road users, including those in vans, buses and on motorcycles, not just those that travel in cares. The word 'driver' is a more inclusive term."

I ride motorcycles, not drive them.

Fail.

At what point in the history of England thought it was a great idea to make an organisation for pedantic and stupid people? (oh we shouldn't use the term motorist because that doesn't include the people that use bikes and buses etc. etc.)

And I thought our Government makes cock-ups like that.

What the... :lmao:

please, banning words...

:roflmao:

no, seriously

:lmao: ...

Bahahahahaha :rofl:

No, really. We Americans could use a good war against an enemy that we can beat. Troop morale would benefit hugely from having enemies that wear hi-vi vests and do environmental impact studies before fortifying.

Can't even bring myself to be surprised, shit like this probably takes up 90% of the local governments' and quangos' time.
If you 'Mericuns want to start freeing the shit out of us, aim your nukes at Swansea, as that's where the DVLA is.
But only when the wind's from the south, if you don't mind.

It's a bit of a media spin really, it isnt anything more than a policy. It's a bit of an absurd policy, but there are plenty of those in all sectors.

Asked to justify the ban on "motorists", a spokeswoman for the Department for Transport said: "The dictionary definition of a motorist is a car driver. As an agency we target all road users, including those in vans, buses and on motorcycles, not just those that travel in cars. The word 'driver' is a more inclusive term."
Dictionary.com said:
mo?tor?ist (m?'t?r-?st)
n. One who drives or travels in an automotive vehicle.

^ Yeah sorry about that - once it was discovered it destroyed all the evidence and killed all the scientists before creating a small black hole to consume the laboratory. It then jumped into the black hole, sealing it. Makes more sense than these new rules. And no-one would have believed us without any evidence.

^ I lol'd

and what a morronic decision, makes me think our decisionmakers are smart...wich they aren't :wall:

The case for that law.
I want them to use the tanning beds, the sooner they die of skin cancer the better!

As for the banning of the word 'motorist' it is just part of this governments plan of 'please every minority, religion, race while looking very politicaly correct while actaully getting nothing important done'.

Either way I think its idiotic to even spend time arranging and doing this when far more important things are being completley ignored.

As for the banning of the word 'motorist' it is just part of this governments plan of 'please every minority, religion, race while looking very politicaly correct while actaully getting nothing important done'.

What they don't realize is that it's impossible to please everyone all the time, and highly difficult to please the majority.

Unfortunately we live in an age where political correctness dictates the merit of our actions, rather than the means and end result of them.