Top Gear launches trading cards game

LindenChase

Top Gear is seeking to extend its grip on the nation's consciousness with a Pokemon-style trading card game aimed at children and young teenagers.

Top Gear Turbo Challenge features 276 cards to collect. The cards include ratings of cars reviewed on the show based on "speed", "toughness" and "coolness" and quotes from the presenters along with links to online games.

"aimed at children and young teenagers" My arse. Mods, you might want to develop an application for trading cards on this website. :mrgreen:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/2010/jan/04/top-gear-trading-cards

Last edited:
What next, Top Gear: The Animated Series with a cute anthropomorphic animal sidekick that features the presenters as children reviewing bicycles or something equally inane???

Enough with the merchandising already. Andy: Don't be a Rick "I ruined the Star Trek franchise through 'broadening the appeal' and overmerchandising" Berman, concentrate on the core product here....

Enough with the merchandising already. Andy: Don't be a Rick "I ruined the Star Trek franchise through 'broadening the appeal' and overmerchandising" Berman, concentrate on the core product here....

Too late for that. It became overmerchandising when the show became not about the cars any more. Money and ratings are what matters now.

I have to say, looking at that, kinda made me feel like a 7 year old boy again. The old days of trading cards were awesome. ^_^ lol, I can see what the others mean, by overmerchandising. Top Gear's going for the money now... >_>

Enough with the merchandising already.

Oh, I dunno. I reckon a Stig Toilet Roll cover or TG toilet paper with pictures of Morris Marinas on them would sell well. They could call that particular line of merchandise 'Plop Gear' ...

Last edited:
Oh, I dunno. I reckon a Stig Toilet Roll cover or TG toilet paper with pictures of Morris Marinas on them would sell well. They could call that particular line of merchandise 'Plop Gear' ...

I'd buy that.... better than the bog roll we always tend to have with pictures of dolphins and seashells on it.

Yeah, but from there it's a short trip to 'Top Gear Jar Jar Binks' - another series ruined by 'trying to broaden the appeal'.

Yeah, but from there it's a short trip to 'Top Gear Jar Jar Binks' - another series ruined by 'trying to broaden the appeal'.

If I ever see that on Top Gear....

I may have to pay you a visit and borrow some weapons. :p

Top Gear Soap On a Rope

41N61ilJ6cL._SS350_.jpg

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvmZ9SPcTzU[/YOUTUBE]

^I'm more disappointed in the fact that there is no Top Gear flamethrower. What a letdown!

If I ever see that on Top Gear....

I may have to pay you a visit and borrow some weapons. :p

The way this season has gone, I am expecting that Andy will announce a Top Gear 'something' that consists of an occasional copresenter who is an attractive blonde woman with a gear glued to her face wearing a catsuit/leotard.

Good god, watching Konami and Nintendo crush the BBC at sales/popularity is going to be sad (unless, of course, it becomes a massive hit...).

As some know I hate Top Gear Merch, but issue 2 comes with a half Stig helmet. :D