The "Things that annoy me" thread

I freaking hate it when translators make make subtitles (especially to discovery channel), they mess up with it, everyday subjects/talk is fine BUT when it turns to technical i quarantee they mess up or someone is talking in fast rate translator "freezes" and there is no subtitles..
Arghhh.. :censored:

Last edited:
I freaking hate it when translators make make subtitles (especially to discovery channel), they mess up with it, everyday subjects/talk is fine BUT when it turns to technical i quarantee they mess up or someone is talking in fast rate translator "freezes" and there is no subtitles..

Well the reason is

frogs dance in Iraq because of this to. Hope that clears things up.

Not being able to sleep. That's what annoys me!

Ah, I see the bad habit of assigning translations to high-school students or to a relative to contain costs (how hard can it be!) is common in the whole world.

Sad, sad thing indeed.

My next door neighbour's daughters music tastes. They are good kids, but I can only stand so much Rihanna , Kanye West, J-Lo etc.

I wouldn't mind if they played it at a volume that could be only be heard in their house.

Last edited:
Snow.

Fuckheads on the road during morning peak.

If you're gonna cut me off, at least do the fucken speed limit, not 20 under.
Then I go to pass you, and you're doing 10 over.

Cunts.

Same, ruined my entire commute to college today, in the end I never got there, college was closed and the round trip cost me ?35.:mad:

Also woke up at 5am for nothing, and had to sit on a bus for over 4 hours.

I now detest snow...

^^ Ouch, unlucky. School was open for me, and the trains were running but I didn't bother going in for 1 lesson. It was closed at 1pm anyway. I personally find snow fine, its the way the majority of people deal with it that annoys me. If everyone were intelligent in adapting their daily lives, then everything would be fine. Unfortunately, as we know, the general public are not intelligent. <_<

My little sister reminded me of one that just plain chaps. my. ass:

People who say "Chipolte" instead of "Chipotle."

Chih. Poht. Lay. It's not that hard, guys.

Also, it drives me berserk when people say "Alltimers" for "Alzheimers." I understand why the misconception exists, but fer god's sake, knock it off! It's especially grating when I hear it from people who work in the medical field.

I'm also a recent victim of the 'not being able to sleep' attack. I blame the heat / stressing about something coming up in a week's time (work placement eek!)

Stressing about said work placement.

Stupid dusty, dry heat making me all sweaty and icky and my car all filthy. I can't wait till the weather cools down so can wash the poor thing.

In addition to that, bugs splattering the front of my car and windshield just as I run out of bug & tar remover. I can't be f'ed going to the store to get more in this heat. I really can't be bothered with anything really! :?

Warning, girly rant ahead....

Size 8 clothes being so hard to find in big department stores which should be catering to more diverse body types. I mean they already cater to 'plus size' women, what about short people like me who are too curvy to fit into the largest children's sizes and find many size 10 things far too big. Jeans etc. are especially bad, all the legs are too long, even the so-called 'short-leg' ones.

Women who slather their faces in makeup to 'improve' their looks. Sorry, but you just look like a doll, a freaky doll at that. Minimal is best people!

Body glitter, tramp stamp tattoos, fake nails, all that crap. Yuck!

Size 8 clothes being so hard to find in big department stores which should be catering to more diverse body types. I mean they already cater to 'plus size' women, what about short people like me who are too curvy to fit into the largest children's sizes and find many size 10 things far too big. Jeans etc. are especially bad, all the legs are too long, even the so-called 'short-leg' ones.

Arrrrgh. Yes. I always figured that 8 must be a common size (assuming your Strine 8 is the same as our U.S. 8), and that's why department stores never seem to have it in stock. Would it really be so hard to order more? And it's hard to find petite clothes, which cater to the truly short among us, that also cater to the truly curvy. Harrumph!

This probably belongs in the Random Thoughts - Top Gear Edition thread, but I've noticed that Richard Hammond has the same problem when buying trousers. Some of his jeans have that telltale frayed notch in the back which indicates that he walked around stepping on the hems until they finally tore off. :lol:

Last edited:
I have that problem too. All other people except me have freakishly long legs.

Arrrrgh. Yes. I always figured that 8 must be a common size (assuming your Strine 8 is the same as our U.S. 8), and that's why department stores never seem to have it in stock. Would it really be so hard to order more? And it's hard to find petite clothes, which cater to the truly short among us, that also cater to the truly curvy. Harrumph!

I think it's been "proven" that whatever size YOU wear is absolutely hands down the hardest to find. Anywhere. Ever. :p

I think it's been "proven" that whatever size YOU wear is absolutely hands down the hardest to find. Anywhere. Ever. :p
Tru dat. I finally found a peach-coloured polo a few weeks back and they had all the other colours in my size; Lime, lemon, salmon, lavender... but not the peach one! I tried ringing every other Harris Scarfe in South Australia but there was no luck. In the end I bought one that's a size too small. It's OK... It's wearable... but I do look a bit like a condom that's been stuffed full of grapes when I wear it. A big peach-coloured condom!

<sigh> Know what annoys me the most? Me being a coward. I have so many things I need to do or should have said and they're all failures because I keep letting myself get the better of me and I'm a damn chicken.

Last edited: