Whale wars: Watch Eco-pussies attack japanese whalers, and fail hilariously

Last edited:
I personally feel more sorry for the boat than the activists on board.

I think the whaler actually did the collision on purpose. Seems like it was initially on a path that would have avoided any collision but then it veered to starboard and steered at it. The rough waves seconds before impact might have impeded her maneuverability though so I don't know.

Probably was an impulse action by the captain that might just have put those activists life in grave danger.
I wouldn't have shed a tear if they hit the Steve Irwin, but the Ady Gil's size and delicate composite body shell makes her extremely vulnerable to any damage.

It was an extremely dumb idea in the first place to take a composite speedboat into the arctic and then actually try to harass large commercial whaling ships with it. That's like parking Mr. Beans Mini in front of a Challenger tank.

HAHAHAHA YES! This made my day! Hehehee!
The little black boat clearly throttles up and ends up in the path of the much larger ship.
Unfortunately I must spread rep around before giving it to D-Fence again for posting that awesome book on the previous page.

Last edited:
I am sad that the boat did not sink however, initial reports said it did. It appear to be very much afloat still.

Good to see how those eco tards waste the money that was donated to them by well intentioned people.

Eco terrorists ($1.5 million) whalers (a few hundred if they wish to repaint the front).

AP's article says the activists were attempting to reverse out of the way.
How dumb do you have to attempt evasive action in reverse with a speedboat in open water?

Someone on another board posted this, and I agree with it, and thus are going to simply copy and paste it:

Uh, I'm not so sure that they moved in the way of the whaling ship. I don't think they would want to lose their prized multimillion dollar speedboat to make a statement. It may look like they got in the way intentionally, but the camera can be deceiving when they are out in open ocean and there is nothing to measure their starting and ending positions against.

These Japanese shit heads deliberately break international laws and will stop at nothing to get what they're after. The fire hose is evidence that they are being aggressive, and I wouldn't question their malicious intent for a second. They hate these hippies much more than you all seem to.

I realize the benefits of trying to keep the Earth's ecosystems in balance and maintaining the food chain; especially in the open ocean. I am going to go against the grain and praise their vigilante efforts to do whatever it takes to enforce what is best for the planet. The Japanese harvest these animals for bizarre rituals, witchcraft medicines and delicacies. There is no legitimate reason for what they are doing, and I personally think it is despicable.

Bring the flames.

Now see, Whappah, normally I'd agree. And please don't take this as flaming, because it's not. I'm just presenting more facts. Hence this article I read on MSNBC this morning:

The Ady Gil is a 78-foot trimaran made of carbon fiber and Kevlar in a design meant to pierce waves. It was built to challenge the record for the quickest circumnavigation of the globe and can travel faster than 46 mph.

Sea Shepherd unveiled the Ady Gil last October saying a California millionaire with the same name had donated most of the money for it. At the time, the group said the boat would be used to intercept and physically block Japanese harpoon vessels.

That's at the bottom of this page: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34722032/ns/world_news-world_environment/

They said they were going to use it to physically block harpoon vessels. Therefore, they put it in the way of a ship. A big one. With momentum and... oh yeah... no brakes.

They were stupid, they lost the front 10 feet of their multimillion dollar boat. This is what happens when you play chicken with two vessels on the ocean (no brakes). When both are stubborn, one loses. Usually the smaller boat.

Last edited:
They are simply terrorists, and should be dealt with as such.
The whalers should have come back to make sure the boat sank.

The fire hose is evidence that they are being aggressive, and I wouldn't question their malicious intent for a second. They hate these hippies much more than you all seem to.
Unlike high powered lasers, chemicals and various hard flying objects (stones, bottles etc), being sprayed with water is completely harmless.

Now see, Whappah, normally I'd agree. And please don't take this as flaming, because it's not. I'm just presenting more facts. Hence this article I read on MSNBC this morning:

That's at the bottom of this page: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34722032/ns/world_news-world_environment/

They said they were going to use it to physically block harpoon vessels. Therefore, they put it in the way of a ship. A big one. With momentum and... oh yeah... no brakes.

They were stupid, they lost the front 10 feet of their multimillion dollar boat. This is what happens when you play chicken with two vessels on the ocean (no brakes). When both are stubborn, one loses. Usually the smaller boat.

I think there is a difference between "blocking the path" and intentionally getting rammed. Sea Shepherd is not exactly the wealthiest charity, and while they have a ton of big name donators, they aren't rolling in the cash (as evidence that the Steve Irwin is practically in a state of constant disrepair and sinking), and intentionally losing a $2,000,000 boat that they don't own isn't brilliant. They do a ton of dumb shit, but I can't see how this benefits their cause, or scores then positive publicity, since everyone is laughing at them anyway. I still think the video is largely inconclusive as to what really happened, and still support Sea Shepherd's basic cause, but not always their methods.

Unlike high powered lasers, chemicals and various hard flying objects (stones, bottles etc), being sprayed with water is completely harmless.

I know a bunch of people from Birmingham, Alabama that would disagree with you. Getting dripped on is harmless, getting sprayed with a firehose is not.

I know a bunch of people from Birmingham, Alabama that would disagree with you. Getting dripped on is harmless, getting sprayed with a firehose is not.

That one's going to get you in trouble....

While I'm very comfortable with just leaving whales in the ocean unmolested, I don't think the Eco-terrorists are going to have any friends among reasonable people.

That one's going to get you in trouble....

While I'm very comfortable with just leaving whales in the ocean unmolested, I don't think the Eco-terrorists are going to have any friends among reasonable people.

Like I said, I don't always agree with their tactics, however I think the overall cause is worth saying something about. I'm not a fan of tossing any form of acidic compounds, or attempting to blind people with military grade lasers, but people need to start saying something.