Random Thoughts....

My thermometer has just reached the lowest I have ever seen here, -8.8 Celsius. And no, I couldn't give a shit that that is shorts and t-shirt weather in Canada.

I'm more offended by your use of the Devil's measuring system. :p

16 Fahrenheit sounds less cold.

Not when you mention you had to carry a hogshead of beer on your back across a furlong of ice in a blizzard up a two leagues tall mountain crisscrossed with fences as high as a fathom.

Last edited:
Not when you mention you had to carry a hogshead of beer on your back across a furlong of ice in a blizzard up a two leagues tall mountain crisscrossed with fences as high as a fathom.

The fences on the mountain I climbed were a rod high and had 1 link long spikes on top. There was one of these every chain.

Yeah I wanted to a laptop, but then my sister persuaded it's better on the mac side of life. We can't afford a Macbook Pro though. In fact, I don't even know if I'm getting a mac anymore. Long story but will tell it tommorow.

Ignore your sister and anyone who tells you that Macs are better. The only reason you'd buy a Mac is if you wanted a status symbol or you had more money than sense. You can get a perfectly fine laptop pc for a couple hundred bucks that would run just as fast if not faster than a macbook. Plus pc's are much more customizable but that suits my needs more :lol:

Also: No mother dearest, I don't want you to take me out for my birthday. Go be all birthday mad over the youngest and stay there <_< *grouches*

Why are so many people either "all apple sucks" or "all apple is perfect"?

Sorry but if you think they suck for being a mac you're just as bad as the idiots who buy anything they make.

Because we all need to be on a side and I just don't think macs are all that. I've been using mac's and pc's for years and overall if I had a choice, I'd choose a pc every time. I can upgrade it, it's easily customizable and if I was only going to use it for basics like the internet and maybe a bit of basic gaming on the side, I could spend half on what I would pay for a mac on a decent desktop or a laptop.

I grew up using PCs and I switched to Macs a couple years ago. OS X is just a much better OS for me. I work with PCs everyday in IT, so I'm not exactly ignorant.

i was down with using a mac, right up to the point where i needed to do something that usually involves right-clicking. As systems, Macs are good and are miles better than PC's when it comes to multimedia editing. But there is no point in denying that for most things that a mac can do (sans the mentioned above) a PC can do just as good, if not better. Not to mention a mac is very expensive compared to the equivalent PC.

gaasc.
Honduran, crap at drawing, PC user.

The last week I have noticed the steering is very light on my car, and I came to the realization is that the rubber is frozen and applying virtually no friction. "All Season" my ass, thank goodness for all wheel drive.

By the way, the tires are Potenza RE090's.

i was down with using a mac, right up to the point where i needed to do something that usually involves right-clicking.
... you do realize you can just use a normal mouse with them and have right click?

I play too many games to use a mac. PC gaming FTW!

This is a nice valid reason for not using one. Saying you can't upgrade or that it has no right click is just not bothering to figure out you can. I'm sitting on a 3 year old MBP that has the latest OS and upgraded hardware and despite not even having a mouse atm can right click :dunno:

Mac mice also support two buttons.

I'm not going to try and defend/convert people to the Mac. I've found the hardware to be good and the OS to be fantastic, but that is me.

Assuming that all Mac uses are metrosexual attention whores who must show off is as retarded as saying all PC users are pimped faced dweebs who never leave their parent's cold dark basement.

Because we all need to be on a side and I just don't think macs are all that. I've been using mac's and pc's for years and overall if I had a choice, I'd choose a pc every time. I can upgrade it, it's easily customizable and if I was only going to use it for basics like the internet and maybe a bit of basic gaming on the side, I could spend half on what I would pay for a mac on a decent desktop or a laptop.

I've had the opposite, back when I was using my family's PC I was constantly performing trivial maintenance, security updates, virus updates, and the user interface was slightly clunky(XP), and junk files just seemed to build up. I haven't used the newest version of windows yet, but it seems to be even more similar to OSX than Vista was. Granted I don't really do any PC gaming or have any desire to upgrade my computer, be it updates or physical drives. I just want a seemless, effective interface that ties in with all my programs. But if PC is your bag that's cool too, I'd be interested to try Windows 7 but I'd have a hard time giving them my money when my Mac has been more reliable than a Swiss watch.

The issue with Macs for the average user really IS value for money. There is no denying that they are a metric shitton more expensive for what you get. If you NEED a Mac then you need a Mac and you know it. The simple fact of the matter is they are a status symbol for people who want to be different and brag about their smugness and how much better they are than you. If you buy what you need, most people are fine with an inexpensive PC and to try and act otherwise is pretty egotistical and smug, which is exactly what you expect. Stereotype box: CHECK! If you buy what you want then fine, waste your money on a Mac. I don't give a shit. But don't go around being a smug bastard about it.

Last edited: