Random Thoughts....

Well you have to ask what is your time worth, and how long do you expect to hang on to your computer? I've had a Powerbook for nearly 5 years, had to replace an AC charger. Never had it not start, never had it freeze, never been frustrated by networking or installing a program. It may have cost me $700 used, when a similar PC would be $400, but $300 is worth never having to talk to tech support or run a virus software, to me at least. All value is perceived, perhaps a PC can provide similar reliability, unfortunately it hasn't been my experience.

Just remember most Mac people are nice people, not smug hipsters, or slaves to marketing. :wave:

I hate to say it, but Mac reliability, at least in my experience, seems to be a myth. A good half of my time at work is spent struggling with my godawful iMac as it keeps freezing for no reason, closes programs because that's just what it feels like doing, and generally makes half of my time at work spent fighting with the machine.

My PCs, by contrast, do everything I want them to consistently, and I've had a problem precisely once, due to a roommate downloading something stupid.

There are advantages and disadvantages to both, of course, and people should just use what they're comfortable with, but honestly I've had nothing but headaches when I'm stuck using a Mac.

Last edited:
I have learned of a spiffy new word today: automangle

I shall proceed to use it incessantly until such time as everyone is sick of it but still uses it. lolwtfbbq :shifty:

Looking at my calendar (hmmmm, i replaced spectre's Jaaaaag pic with a Chevy trailblazer, go figure) i actually said, ?Holy crap, I'm in the future?

I haven't changed my desktop background for a while.

Now it's got two grown men fighting over a golden cock.

Yay.

Awfully sorry. All right, besides using the ?PC's are better at gaming? card, if you can use right click on a mac, why the bloody hell don't they just ship one with a 2-button mouse.

Every MAC i've used at the store has had a right click on its mouse; so i can only conclude that you are far to stupid to master using a mouse.

^:lol: Most of the mac pro workstations at my college had the one button mouse so I used to plug in my two button usb mouse when I wanted to right-click and couldn't be arsed to apple+click (or is it ctrl+click?) to bring up the menu.

I had microwavable cake once. It was some kind of rice flour chocolate thing my mom bought and all I could taste was the flour even after I stuck a couple of mini chocolate bars in it. /cool story bro

Last edited:
Yarr!

I keep thinking I should get a new av, too, but I'm not sure what it should be.

Last edited:
Keep the same one so I can recognise you? Or at least keep the puffalump theme going. I takes me ages to get through the whole re-recognise people again.

So, at work, the CEO is back and is about to do a walk around. They send out the email to warn everyone that it's about to happen. What am I supposed to do? Sit straighter in the chair, brush my hair, put a suit on? Or maybe stop surfing FG and telling co-workers to bugger off when they come near me, and stop playing Zuma on my colleague's iPhone...? Maybe that's it! :grin:

Keep the same one so I can recognise you? Or at least keep the puffalump theme going. I takes me ages to get through the whole re-recognise people again.

So, at work, the CEO is back and is about to do a walk around. They send out the email to warn everyone that it's about to happen. What am I supposed to do? Sit straighter in the chair, brush my hair, put a suit on? Or maybe stop surfing FG and telling co-workers to bugger off when they come near me, and stop playing Zuma on my colleague's iPhone...? Maybe that's it! :grin:

phd022304s.gif

phd022504s.gif

Last edited:
When ever I see anybody that looks like they are school admins walk into my shop, I instantly hit Alt-Tab. Even if I am ahead in the work and can play games on the computer.

Going to Italy for spring break!

Yes, there's a class and educatin' involved.

It's just a weeklong class trip, I'll be stopping by in Florence, Rome, and the fishing villages on the western coast. The course is entitled "Ancient and Medieval Rome."