The sexiest Buick ever! (i.e. Opel Insignia OPC)

What MacGuffin wrote on the previous page is true and I agree completely, sorry for making a new page and hiding your post MacG ;)
I tend to follow the money and the control. Opel is American, Holden is American, etc. Saab was American and now it may become something else.
Saab was never american. What do you think the 1200 (now down to 800) engineers at Saab were doing all this time? They didnt sit around rolling their thumbs, they developed E85-capable powertrains, 4-wheel drive systems, a whole new 9-5 (that GM said they didnt need) and an early SUV (that GM didnt think would sell). Many Saab and Opel engineers have been going back and forth between R?sselsheim and Trollh?ttan and worked hard, but most of their efforts have been ruined by management incompetence. I can think of no other company whos management are more incompetent than GM, it's like a chicken running around without it's head. Constantly changing focus, exchanging badges, not knowing what the other hand is doing. The "sale" of Saab is a sign of this, first it was going to be sold, then shut down, then sold again, now it's going to get shut down maybe but we really don't know because maybe someone wants to buy it or maybe GM doesnt want to sell. It's a circus.

Compare it to Ford and Volvo. Ford said, we're going to sell you. Then they said "here's a buyer and soon we'll complete the sale". No cirkus, just straight up honesty. Not to mention GM's immense product overlap. "Let's sell the same frigging car under 5 brands! Noone will notice! Our customers are so stupid!" VW tried this with that Chrysler/Dodge Van in America and it's been an apocalyptic failure. Because customers are not stupid, they see that it's just a new badge on what is someone elses DNA.

Why do I drive a GM product? I prefer not to think of GM (and apparently neither do they, GM Europe has been dissolved and is moving almost all staff from Z?rich to R?sselsheim and changing it's name to Opel (while the newly formed Chevrolet Europe stays in Z?rich)) and think of the product instead. The product is rather good, especially for the money, my dealer and service garage have been excellent, but the management is atrocious. I'm leaning towards a VW next time, and half the reason is simply because I get so worked up by this issue.

Last edited:
Funny enough, the only way to make the Chevrolet brand a small success here, was to rebadge Korean Hyundais.

Daewoos. I've driven an Aveo, saying someone other than Daewoo is responsible is downright mean.

I can think of no other company whos management are more incompetent than GM, it's like a chicken running around without it's head.

I can.

British_Leyland_Logo.png

Yes indeed, and we know what happened to them...

Daewoos. I've driven an Aveo, saying someone other than Daewoo is responsible is downright mean.

Sorry, I always get those Koreans mixed up. You're right, Daewoo. I must think of Jennifer Rush in the future as a mnemonic :)