HTC Dragon/Passion/Bravo/Google Phone

This phone will NOT be taken seriously in Denmark. "Nexus" is the name of a label company in Denmark wich people like "Nik & Jay" work for. Well they are the worlds biggest "Prettyboys" and they really can't sing. And everyone connects the name "Nexus" with them (and some other people who can't sing either) + "Nexus" is like being "Prettyboy" :p

It's maybe hard to understand if you don't live here but it's the best explantion I could make :)

This phone will NOT be taken seriously in Denmark. "Nexus" is the name of a label company in Denmark wich people like "Nik & Jay" work for. Well they are the worlds biggest "Prettyboys" and they really can't sing. And everyone connects the name "Nexus" with them (and some other people who can't sing either) + "Nexus" is like being "Prettyboy" :p

It's maybe hard to understand if you don't live here but it's the best explantion I could make :)

I wouldn't care at all...

If the price is good I might get it.

I am very annoyed that AT&T isn't getting any of these phones, or even the HD2 as far as I know. Jerks.

Can't you just buy one and put your sim card in?

Afraid not; T-Mobile and AT&T run on diffirent network protocolls.

It'd work, but only on AT&T's EDGE network, not 3G. :(

apperantly it will work here in norway and to order it you have to use a us proxy to bypass some stuff to get to order it too norway... then you just pop the sim card in... considering doing just that

apperantly it will work here in norway and to order it you have to use a us proxy to bypass some stuff to get to order it too norway... then you just pop the sim card in... considering doing just that

Do your 3G networks run on the same frequency as T-Mobile? Else you'll be stuck on edge which is pretty damn slow.

I wish I had the money to buy one right now...I'd ditch my Curve 8900 in a heartbeat! Plus 7.2mbps T-Mobile 3G yes please :D

oh god a 3g connection users :eek:

they are now selling 10Mbit 3g connections here, and we did some calculations in our radiotransmission course.
Result: if the user wants the 10Mbit connection, he/she/it should be in a cell that hasn't got any other user + the mobile had to be ridiculously close to the station to archive the 10mbit speeds.

on a mhz side, is it 2200 and 900Mhz that are used (all operators uses those frequencys).

/me wonders should i get the 14eur/monht for unlimited usage (lowest speed 3xx kbit/s me thinks) connection to my phone.

If you aren't using Telus or AT&T as your provider, it's highly likely your existing GSM provider uses one of the 3G bands supported by the N1. Does anyone have experience with the HTC Hero? I'm trying to decide if I'll keep the Hero I have on order or the N1 I have on the way.

I want to upgrade my Touch Diamond to something new.. And I'm thinking I want an Android phone. But I do have certain criteria.. I want it to be a proper upgrade, and I want it to be cheaper than say, an iPhone.

Right now, a Hero is somewhat tempting, but I'm put off by the apparently "old" hardware? My Diamond is getting kinda slow, and I want something snappy next time..

So I guess I'm waiting for some of the new phones to come out.

Buktu: I'm in the same boat as you. I've been looking into the Nexus one, but that's got its own birthpangs at them moment and won't even be coming to Europe untill 2nd quarter of 2010 (current version doesn't support European 3G). HTC also won't be releasing Sense UI for it, Google won't have it and the XDA-Devs version won't be 100%.

You are right in considering Android. I've ran beta builds on my Diamond and it is significantly faster than winmo+touchflo3D and I've played with a Hero, which is smooth as silk. I've also found a store in Germany that sells it for ?320, unlocked.

I have a few more expenses coming up in the near future, but as soon as that's cleared up, I'm going for the Hero. It does have slower hardware than the Nexus One, but Sense has completely won me over. If you'll wait for a few new phones to come out, you'll constantly keep waiting, as there's always new shit being announced. It's the same with all hardware. You just gotta decide and buy it one day.

Buktu: I'm in the same boat as you. I've been looking into the Nexus one, but that's got its own birthpangs at them moment and won't even be coming to Europe untill 2nd quarter of 2010 (current version doesn't support European 3G).

Who is your mobile provider?

Gonna buy the HTC Nexus One on Monday, it will be my first android phone, so I'm pretty excited about all this.

Who is your mobile provider?
A local one called Mobitel. The only international one we have around here is Vodafone, but that one operates on an inferior network and would require me to start a new contract with them while the current one is still running, meaning I couldn't transfer my number. So, plenty no go.