Switzerland strikes again

"Driving 85 mph through a village." I assume a village there has narrow roads, sidewalks, houses nears the street. Idiot. People like him are what give rich car owners a bad name, and gives a government a scapegoat to enforce or impose strict laws.

Have you been to Switzerland?

If you walk up to a zebra crossing - the next car, yes the next car stops to let you cross! I could not beleive it when I saw it for myself! All number plates are personal too - you get issues one and you put it on your car then when you sell it you take it off and the next owner outs theirs on.

A strange place but mostly seems to run well.

If you walk up to a zebra crossing - the next car, yes the next car stops to let you cross! I could not beleive it when I saw it for myself! All number plates are personal too - you get issues one and you put it on your car then when you sell it you take it off and the next owner outs theirs on.

Ever been to Canada? Works exactly the same way here!

Like yeah thats speeding, but newsworthy speeding? methinksnot
Well, since this is the new highest fine for speeding in Switzerland ever, I think it is newsworthy. Gossip, but nice to know.

The limit in Switzerland's cities is 50 kph (31 mph) by the way.

Ever been to Canada? Works exactly the same way here!

Here too...

The only country I know where it doesn't work is france... You'll starve to death if u try and actually wait.

BTT:

I found another article that said, the speed limit where this guy was caught was 80km/h (=50mph).

So no way that was a narrow street with sidewalks etc..
http://www.tagesanzeiger.ch/panoram...-Die-Ausrede-des-FerrariRasers/story/23545238
http://www.spiegel.de/panorama/0,1518,670789,00.html

Last edited:

If you walk up to a zebra crossing - the next car, yes the next car stops to let you cross! I could not beleive it when I saw it for myself!

That's really not strange, it's how it supposed to be :p
It's fairly recent change here but 99% complies.

same here with the personal licencesplates, and the same zebra-crossing principal aswell, your obliged to stop if you can do so in a safe manner.....luckily this law is so unpractical that even our double-digit-IQ-always-out-to-make-a-buck cops don't enforce it .....

Thats how it works in Australia, on a count of pedestrians having right of way on a zebra crossing.

Here too...

The only country I know where it doesn't work is france... You'll starve to death if u try and actually wait.

Except some d-bags in Munich. Oh, wait, that was a woman with a stroller :lol:

Honestly, why speed there? The fines are going to hurt, every time. Go to Germany to "speed." :rolleyes:

I thought, after going to France, and nearly getting killed on a Zebra crossing that no one in Europe (apart from us) took any notice of Zebra crossings at all; also my mate's Dad is Italian had a rear ender when he stopped in Italy, to let someone cross!

He got shouted at by the rear ending car driver demanding to know why he stopped! Nice to know about all the law abiding Euro folks.