The Aviation Thread [Contains Lots of Awesome Pictures]

That plane is beautiful. <3 Cessna. Makes me wish I didn't have ADHD so I could get a pilots license
ritalinos.jpg

There's a solution for everything!

I think this is quite an interesting craft:
211l99i.jpg

And let's hope this will continue the project in 2010...
aeroscraft866_newtechupdate.jpg

That first one looks like the Michelin Man mooning the world.

Just saying......

hindenburg.gif

My feelings about hydrogen are really mixed...I wonder why nobody worries about the large amounts of flamable liquid we have in cars these days. It would be really interesting to see what would have happened if the Hindenburg wouldn't have exploded.

Also, the new Aerosraft is being designed as a hybrid airship...essentially being heavier than air. So helium isn't the only lift factor.

Last edited:
Whilst on the subject of trainers:

AIR_L-159_Top_Armed_lg.jpg

Aero L-39 Albatros

Last edited:
Gasoline is only flammable in its gas phase. COME ON!

I thought it was pretty flammable in it's liquid phase, but more explosive in it's gas phase.

Anyhow, gonna go get some matches and some gasoline to test this theory. Be right back.

I thought it was pretty flammable in it's liquid phase, but more explosive in it's gas phase.

Anyhow, gonna go get some matches and some gasoline to test this theory. Be right back.

Remember to hold onto the match. It won't work right if you drop it or hold it with a stick. Trust me, I'm an expert on such matters. Honestly.

Report back quickly.

This can only end well.

Big Fat +1.
IMHO best trainer out there. The looks, the sound, everything is just perfect.

I'm using my phone, so no photos. I submit the T-38 as a better looking and far sexier aircraft.

The T-38 is nice but in my opinion the Yakolev Yak-130 is also very good looking. And it does remind me of the f-16 :)

1568205.jpg

1581914.jpg

0909042.jpg

Russians sure know how to build a pretty plane.

The most beautiful plane in the world refueling...

F22refuel.jpg

A nice view how the once lean and mean F-16 has bloated over the decades into the Block 60.

f16s.jpg

f162.jpg

F161.jpg

That Yak-130 is Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

EW. I wouldn't even identify the F-16 Block 60 as being an F-16 if you hadn't just told me. I knew it had gotten bigger, but I had NO IDEA it had been outright RUINED.

So I'm the only one here who likes the block 60 design? :cry:

Eh, if you take it as its own airframe, it looks cool in a utilitarian way (the same way anything built by Antonov ever looks cool) - but the sticking point is that it's NOT it's own airframe, it's built on top of a svelte, nimble piece of engineering. It looks like a runway model in a fatsuit.