Do you find this ad racist ?

Do you find this ad racist ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This shit really pisses me off. People (Americans in particular but also Europeans) need to realize that NOT EVERYTHING IS RACIST! I remember when someone called Obama a dog walking on hind legs and everyone was upset because it was racist; sorry, but I think MA's governor (who is black) is worse than a dog walking on hind legs - not because he's black but because he is a dumbass who is ruining the state. Oh, anyone remember when Obama was speaking about healthcare and someone yelled out "LIAR!" at him? Supposedly that was racist also. When Gates got arrested in Cambridge by a white cop everyone yelled racist; fuck you assholes, the dumb shithead shouldn't have talked shit to the cop and then he wouldn't have gone to jail that night. Why do minorities now think that they are above the law simply because they are not white christian males and they can just blame their inadequacies on racism?

Your rant was pretty good up till that last sentence, which just made you sound like a crazy person. ;)

I'm offended! Because it's a shit ad.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ek-CwbiPeZI[/YOUTUBE]

Alright number one: KFC need to find different ad men if their ads are lame.

Number two: In regards to the vid, COOK YOUR OWN FUCKING CHICKEN. IT'S NOT FUCKING ROCKET SCIENCE! All you need is an oven and a whole chicken (seasoned or not) and put it in with some veggies and roast it for a few hours. So much better than Fried chicken.

The Young Turks has to be the WORST news reporting ever. If you look back at any of their videos the low level of intelligence and extremely inappropiate comments and responses they make are despicable.

I didnt even get to the part with the ad because i closed it when i saw TYT...

I think if you view it as racist you have too be racist to an extant. Or you beleive in stupid stereo types.

If i sat a bucket of chicken in the middle of a crowed of heavy metal rockers, they would do the same thing.

It's not racist because it's not hurting anyone. People seem to have forgotten what real racism is... making a joke about a stereotype isn't racist. I don't get all butthurt when people make an nerd joke, or a "racing driver is stupid" joke, or a white man joke, or a skinny man joke, or a short man joke, or a big nose joke, or a religion joke. I'll laugh if it's funny, and I'll laugh doubly if it's true.

Last edited:
If there is anything we do well here in the US, it is to be offended by something. We dont even have to see the offensive item in question - if we hear about it, that's good enough to complain.

:(

I find US 'racism' to be illogical. I don't understand it and won't make an effort to.

It is and it isn't. Let's be honest, there's plenty of racism in the US, and for that matter, in Norway too, we're not innocent. There's loads and loads of racism.

That, however, doesn't mean everything is racism. :)

In australia most people would be unaware of the reference. I doubt the makers of the ad were aware of it.

Indeed. The first time I ever saw that ad, first I laughed at it's cheesiness :lol: and then I remarked 'Heh. I bet that wouldn't go down too well with some people if this was shown in the US'. My mum asked my why and I had to explain the whole connection with the negative stereotype of the lazy chicken-loving poorly educated black person possibly being perceived in this ad and therefore being declared racist to her.

If it wasn't for references I've seen on the internet, I wouldn't have even known this ad could have had any racist perception to it at all. We just don't have that background down here!

It is and it isn't. Let's be honest, there's plenty of racism in the US, and for that matter, in Norway too, we're not innocent. There's loads and loads of racism.

That, however, doesn't mean everything is racism. :)

I've been called "racist" numerous times for hating on "tr?ndere", which are people from the middle parts of Norway with big moustaches, typically wearing leathervests and they have a real annoying accent. And their fav drink is "karsk", which consists of 1 part coffee, 2 parts moonshine :p

Last edited:
It's everywhere! Under different "excuses": skin colour, religion, caste. Everybody's guilty (some more than others though) and no country can boast being a racism-free zone.
That is indeed true. One thing I'm thinking about these days is how much of the legitimate "critisism" of religion that is just plain hate of religion. It's coated as critisism, but it's hate, much of it just is.

I've been called "racist" numerous times for hating on "tr?ndere", which are people from the middle parts of Norway with big moustaches, typically wearing leathervests and they have a real annoying accent. And their fav drink is "karsk", which consists of 1 part coffee, 2 parts moonshine :p
Why do you hate Tr?nders? They're great. Mate of mine from Trondheim gets a rash when he visits Oslo, and prefered to walk ten extra minutes to avoid the V?lerenga building.

As for karsk, you should try it, can be pretty nice. Must be strong alcohol for it (75 % or stronger), unless you want cold coffee.

Why do you hate Tr?nders? They're great. Mate of mine from Trondheim gets a rash when he visits Oslo, and prefered to walk ten extra minutes to avoid the V?lerenga building.

As for karsk, you should try it, can be pretty nice. Must be strong alcohol for it (75 % or stronger), unless you want cold coffee.

I dont hate them, but they are perfect for making fun of :p
And when you try to make fun of someone using stereotypes, people are very quick to use their "racism card".

lol, only americans will call it racist. I don't see anything wrong with the ad, we've got ads that contains 10x more racial innuendos.

Except for, you know, that whole oppression of the Aborigines. Which happened within living memory. <_<

You mean the oppression due to australian colonization by the British that happened over 200 years ago? Do you want to blame my generation for that?

How about those American Indians? Yeah they got treated real nice.

At least we didn't build our country on the backs of slaves. <_<

Do you call every German a nazi?

See i can play that game too. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

I could dismiss your comment as being the thoughts of an arrogant and ignorant american but that would be racist. ;)

Last edited:
I dont hate them, but they are perfect for making fun of :p
And when you try to make fun of someone using stereotypes, people are very quick to use their "racism card".

I've never been called racist for saying stuff like "Calling an operation "white snow" is like saying "Noisy bergenser"", and it will be bullwackocrapdeluxe.

Tr?nders aren't a race. They're Norwegian. And awsome.

I still don't get the big problem here.

Well... I like 'racist' jokes and references as long their aren't really meant. People should be funnier and not so easy to offend.

I know some black people who can laugh about 'nigger' jokes... because they know I'm not serious.

It's the same like using a rude word against a friend... Never called somebody you really like 'asshole' or told him to fuck himself because of a prank he played on you? As long as your intentions are clear... everybody who acts offended is just an idiot..