Do you find this ad racist ?

Do you find this ad racist ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And since you seem to be in the know, please please let me know what country(ies) is (are) racism-free, that is something I would love to observe and then spread the message.
I think he was disagreeing with your comment that everybody is racist, when what you actually meant was that racism is present in every country.

You mean the oppression due to australian colonization by the British that happened over 200 years ago? Do you want to blame my generation for that?

How about those American Indians? Yeah they got treated real nice.

At least we didn't build our country on the backs of slaves. <_<

Do you call every German a nazi?

See i can play that game too. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

I could dismiss your comment as being the thoughts of an arrogant and ignorant american but that would be racist. ;)

No, I mean the separation of half-white children from their native parents to try to "assimilate" them into white culture, which happened 50 years ago.

Look, I'm not saying the U.S. doesn't have a history of racial oppression. What I'm saying is that everyone does. It's far more ignorant to pretend there's no racism in your home country than for me to mention it.

You mean the oppression due to australian colonization by the British that happened over 200 years ago? Do you want to blame my generation for that?

And when did we have this slavery?I think it was abolished in the late 1800's? Yes you can get blamed if we get blamed because that.

Also, yes germans get still blamed for the nazis, despite most were not alive for that and it is stupid as hell. I think that is kind of obvious if you watch tv, go online, listen to the radio and the subject of germany comes up.

Last edited:
And when did we have this slavery?I think it was abolished in the late 1800's? Yes you can get blamed if we get blamed because that.

Earlier than that. 1865 (that includes the South).

Too bad u can't have a slave anymore :( Would make life so much more easier and enjoyable :mrgreen: :p ;)

Am I now racist?

And since you seem to be in the know, please please let me know what country(ies) is (are) racism-free, that is something I would love to observe and then spread the message.

Well you said "everyone" so I thought you meant every individual. If you meant every country then sure, I could see that.

Earlier than that. 1865 (that includes the South).

So that would be 145 years. But slavery is still my fault, despite the fact that my family in that time being irish would have been heavily discriminated against themselves.

The world is definitely a pretty racist place in the sense that race matters far more than it should. I remember when Obama was running for president everyone was talking about how he was the first black man that was nominated. What I kept wondering is who the hell cares?

I don't know how anybody could think that a white guy alone and surrounded by black people using fried chicken to ease the situation could be considered racist /sarcasm.

seriously people?

So that would be 145 years. But slavery is still my fault, despite the fact that my family in that time being irish would have been heavily discriminated against themselves.

Yea it is also my fault clearly since my ancestors in Greece, Croatia, England, Scotland, and Ireland were obviously enslaving people in America. I am white after all.

Why can't people just stop thinking with colours. We are all people on the same freaking piece of rock, don't make it any complicated than that and it will be a smooth ride for everyone.

Let's just face the ugly truth:

Black folks eat at Popeye's, not KFC. As do I, because KFC is terrible. If you are offended by my statement, you are far too uptight to exist in the real world.

I don't know how anybody could think that a white guy alone and surrounded by black people using fried chicken to ease the situation could be considered racist /sarcasm.

If I didn't know the stereotype existed (which I didn't, for the longest time), I would have thought it was some nerdy guy who bought lunch for everybody.

But factor in race, and suddenly something as simple as that becomes grounds for controversy, from across the planet.

Also, the nearest Popeye's is over an hour away. :cry:

Last edited:
Too bad u can't have a slave anymore :( Would make life so much more easier and enjoyable :mrgreen: :p ;)

Am I now racist?

Not nessesarily. Back in the good old days, arab pirates stole slaves from as far north as Iceland, to put it bluntly.

I like a good racist joke. It makes it less "scary", it's like when Mosley marched his blackshirts, people didn't take him seriously, the laughed.

Not nessesarily. Back in the good old days, arab pirates stole slaves from as far north as Iceland, to put it bluntly.

I like a good racist joke. It makes it less "scary", it's like when Mosley marched his blackshirts, people didn't take him seriously, the laughed.

Yep. It is the uptight ones who war over it.

Well, Hitler's shirted guys were a wee bit more serious, I think that was worth a war, don't you?

A thought on political correctness: though the intentions may be well meaning, it forces a person to not be honest with others. Because of that, we are unable to express ourselves freely, and internalize our thoughts that sometimes need to be projected.

No, I mean the separation of half-white children from their native parents to try to "assimilate" them into white culture, which happened 50 years ago.

White children were also taken from white families and put into church run institutions at the same point in time for things like being born to an unwed mother. Either you are picking out only the facts that suit your argument or you need to do more careful research on the subject.

Look, I'm not saying the U.S. doesn't have a history of racial oppression. What I'm saying is that everyone does. It's far more ignorant to pretend there's no racism in your home country than for me to mention it.

I never said there is no racism in australia and i don't know where you got that impression, i chose my words very carefuly. I said australia isn't inherently racist. You must have also missed the final sentence from my original post in your rush to selectively quote me.

Every country has an ignorant, racist minority.

Also, yes germans get still blamed for the nazis, despite most were not alive for that and it is stupid as hell.

It is stupid, just as stupid as someone making a one sentence sweeping generalisation about the treatment of australian aborigines. I won't put up with it being used to unfairly characterise my entire country today. Just like germans don't like being called nazis and americans don't like being called slave owners.

I don't mind the discussion of the kfc ad, but if people want to start dragging up history that happened before most members on this forum were born and use it to slander the people of an entire country today, then things are going to end very badly.

Last edited:
I rewatched the video. To me, it looked like some moron who bought tickets in the wrong section and is surrounded by the opposing teams fans. Obviously he doesn't the crap beaten out him (as football fans are wont to do) so he offers up a olive branch.

Simple as that. Now, I know the Young Turks as a being a left leaning news outlet, and they seem to be the only ones obsessing about it, which makes me wonder. Also, I really, REALLY feel bad for the dude commenting; so many black folks end up being the universal arbitrator for questioning whites when it comes down to a "black issue". I would think that it is annoying, because it is not like they are wasps and have a hive mentality.

I also find it amusing that the girl is quick to point out "RACIST!" I know many women like her. They are leftist birdbrains who are secretly bigots. Dime a dozen.