Does any one smoke here?

Does any one smoke here?

• Total voters
Yes, I smoke. Like a chimney, in fact. It's kind of annoying, being forced to either forgo smoking for a long while or walk 15 miles, uphill, in the snow (both ways!) when I want a cigarette and i'm out with friends. Also, i'm a Camel man. <3 me some Camels.

You're the reason my Buick still reeks of cigs and gasoline!!! :p

I've been a non smoker all my life, save for a few occasions. The night I lost my dad I smoked a cigarette in hopes it would calm me down, all it did was make me even more keyed up. And about 6 months later on the 4th of July I found his old cigar holder with a couple of them left in here, he smoked one on rare occasions, so I lit them up. It's become somewhat of a tradition for me the last couple years as sort of honoring his memory.

That being said, they still taste like shit and leave me feeling like I spent some time licking a cat's asshole. I don't have a brand, but I've smoked dutch masters (which really really suck) and this year I tried some other brand that didn't leave nearly such a horrid aftertaste.

I do not smoke. Never really got the point, seems like a waste of money.

Where is the "used to, quit" option?

But i still smoke an occasional cig/cigar and soon I will be smoking my meds.

I was heading to my friend's the other day and we stopped by the packie for some beer. When we were checking out my friend suggested (possibly jokingly) that we buy cigars. I'd never smoked anything before but I've always been tempted to try a cigar, although not enough to go out of my way to buy one. Anyways, later on that night after we had consumed a few pale ales we lit up. Cheap-o stuff, something along the lines of 4 for $5 but whatever.

Impressions: nothing special but not horrible. Definitely not making this a regular thing a) for obvious health reasons, and b) your clothes absolutely reek afterwards. However, I can see myself enjoying a cigar once every few months (hence I'm not worried about health risks).

Onward to the point of this post: why are you not supposed to inhale cigar smoke? I did not know this and inhaled a few times and it was pretty undramatic: no cough, no watery eyes, no terrible taste. Obviously if one really wants to inhale he can, but I'm just wondering why one is not supposed to by convention.

:)

Onward to the point of this post: why are you not supposed to inhale cigar smoke?

Because it is about four times as potent as a cigarette and make you feel queasy and sick. Cigar smoke is like sampling wine: swish it around your mouth to get the taste aromatics, but do not swallow. Or in this case, inhale.

a fine cigar is quite something to a smoker, akin to a fine wine.

I do not smoke. Never really got the point, seems like a waste of money.
This.

Never ever even tried it. I think in puberty I didn't get it because I never gave in to peer pressure (that's why I was the odd one out) and afterwards I was just wise enough to not begin it (not that I am wise in general but in this case I think I am).

+1 for smoking chicks btw.

chickswhosmoke

Fuckin' YES !! Now again, I don't smoke personally, but just like it is cool, smoking is sexy as well and that's just the end of it as far as I'm concerned.

And here's the really weird part: the combination of perfume and cigarette smoke is on of the greatest scents a woman can wear. I am totally not kidding.

There is just something in that combination of flavours and odours that makes me go all funny. I honestly dig a chick who smokes and especially ones who smoke in style. If you don't know what this means, there is no use in explaining it.

Don't smoke, don't want to but at the same time I don't mind being around people who are smoking and there are particular brands that I like the smell of (no idea which ones, just know the smell).

I kind of agree with that Michael. Smoking girls can be cool and sexy.

Unfortunately there is the daily smoking to stop the shakes part involved most of the time. Which is a lot less sexy.

Altough there is no need to be so black and white about smoking either, like most people are. It's fine if you do it once in a while. Like I do.

PS. I have a great craving for smokes right now. Not enough to go find a open gas station in -24C, so I will probably wait for tomorrow. But still, this thread is not helping...

Last edited:
I kind of agree with that Michael. Smoking girls can be cool and sexy.

Unfortunately there is the daily smoking to stop the shakes part involved most of the time. Which is a lot less sexy.

Altough there is no need to be so black and white about smoking either, like most people are. It's fine if you do it once in a while. Like I do.

PS. I have a great craving for smokes right now. Not enough to go find a open gas station in -24C, so I will probably wait for tomorrow. But still, this thread is not helping...
wzd17.jpg

Smoke - yes, on and off, ie boss knows when I'm about to explode when I smoke at work.

Mandatory requirement particularly when there is alcohol in my hand, and a pool table in front of me.

I honestly dig a chick who smokes and especially ones who smoke in style.

Really? I think women smoking is one of the most unattractive sights ever. Maybe there's something to be said for the slender cigarette holders or something (think 1960s style) but there's nothing special about the usual hags who choke the bloody things down, developing smokers voice and all that.

Really? I think women smoking is one of the most unattractive sights ever. Maybe there's something to be said for the slender cigarette holders or something (think 1960s style) but there's nothing special about the usual hags who choke the bloody things down, developing smokers voice and all that.

I actually adblocked all the pictures, it bugs me that much.

Yes, really.

Well of course there is a limit to everything: you can't make an ugly, smoker's voiced hag attractive just because they smoke.

But let's say there is a slim, interesting & beautiful looking woman that I find attractive. Let's say I have even heard her talking and she isn't a total blonde. And she whips out a cigarette and smokes it "in style" - again this very hard to describe concept but yeah this:

"slender cigarette holders or something (think 1960s style)"

Sums it up rather well. These are things which make me go weak in the kness in an instant. I immediately find her even more attractive. Because she smokes.

Yes, I am that strange.

Smoking chicks are fucking hot. I can say that kissing a girl who smokes cloves is one of the most pleasant experiences you can have. Also there is something very elegant about a gentle draw on a long thin cigarrette.
Audrey%20Hepburn.JPG

Edit: Moar women smoking
58431,xcitefun-att00000.jpg

smoking.jpg

May+2009+Vogue+Espana+Spanish+Vogue+cover+Carmen+Kass+Women+Management+New+York+Blog+cover+smoking

Last edited: